Unicorn RS4 hits 187 at VMAX!

"Just wanted to post here about how epic Rick's mapping is - my car is good testament to that in the performance figures it's been giving lately, and the fact it doesn't miss a beat no matter what I thought it at. Be it a trackday, lanches or top speed runs it copes with no fuss or drama.

As soon as my car was mapped by Rick a couple of month ago I knew I wanted to do a top speed events so jumped at the chance for the VMAX Afterburner event held today. Rick was kind enough to travel down for the day as it;s not often you get the chance to check/adjust a map at WOT in 6th.

Our first few runs out we took it easy to just get used to the sensation of driving so fast on a runway (it's quite surreal!) and getting used to breaking in what felt like no where near enough space! Rick was alos just checking the settings in the high boost map to ensure everything was running perfect, and it was all spot on. He didn't need to adjust anything that was 'bad' as it were. EGT temps were good as was timing.

At this point were hitting 179mph and just cracked into a 181mph - but of course you always think there can be a little bit more

So Rick adjusted the map a little. At the speed/rpm the car was running at the turbos couldn't give any more, actually rarely getting over 23psi (I think I saw 24psi just once) on the stock KO4's, but as all was good with the temps we added some more timing and the speed kept creeping up.

Now were we moving on up and hit a 184mph - at that point we decided the map was spot on and we broke for lunch.

So after lunch it's back out to see if we can crack the 185 which was a loose target I had in mind. With a slight improvement in coming out of the top corner so maybe carrying a little more speed there (therefore giving a little more 'space' near the timing lights) and to my delight we hit 186mph

Did a few more runs and consistently got 186 so that was very pleasing indeed. Coming up to the end of the day Rick wanted to take a chap who had the fastest Porsche of the day (and I think overall fastest too, at 205mph) out for a run - he came back grinning and appologised for beating my 186 with a 187mph!! I put it down to the fact I folded in the mirrors and removed the aerial

There's probably nothing more to give at that sort of speed, the little KO4's are trying their hardest but just don't have the puff at 7k in 6th to give it that extra little push.

Having also done a raft of runs on various days (inc. today) I have collected the following data from my Racelogic Performance Box:

0-60 in 3.64
0-100 in 8.62
50-70 in 1.57
62-124 in 8.66
¼ Mile in 11.90 @ 118.4 mph
187mph top speed

None of this would have been possible without the simply amazing mapping by Rick @ Unicorn... the guy is a legend and again I can't recommend him highly enough. As a reminder, my car is still on stock internals and turbos, everything done to it are relatively simple 'bolt on' mods and a damned good map

I love this car"
Cut and copied

Nice one Rick; sounds like a brilliant job! Great to see proper on the road development being conducted in a safe environment; nothing like real world testing in conjunction with sound logic and depth of knowledge applied.

When I first read your post Jase I thought it was yours and you'd shifted the S3 on...

Rick, your feed-back is good, and show your work is painstaking and time consuming. But it's the recommendation that you get that matters.

I am loving what I am seeing, keep it up and how do you know what the very near future holds.

Lol, I should have checked but probably not that bad, as although full power was being used, we were doing big speeds. MPG is worse for example accelerating hard in a low gear :)

Rick