MPG B7 RS4.

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
I know this is a daft question and i'm not expecting loads. i am wondering how different it is to my 2.0TQ, which i'm currenty getting about 27 driving it slowly - Town driving!

Well lets put it this way, my 4.2 V8 S4 was doing sometimes 16mpg, normally 19, on mway, 23 if lucky maybe, RS4 has slightly different newer engine, but we're talking about an RS4, its not for driving like a granny, so dont expect the best digits fella.

I have averaged 17.5 mpg over 1 year. That included a 3000 mile trip in Europe mixed driving, 3000 motorway miles and about 4000 mixed town and spirited driving (weekends).

Going to work, which is a 2 mile open road then 3 mile town journey i see an average of about 16mpg, bearing in mind this is a from cold start so running rich for the first part.

Motorway i would expect 22-23mpg.
Town, average about 15. In slow crawling traffic it can be 11-12mpg.
Fast A road, 17-18mpg.

Hance i averaged 17.5 over 1 year (10,000 miles).

But if you get a milltek, its worth every penny. I dont do many miles cummuting and use an old landrover for half of that. So its only expensive when i want to have fun or take her on a long journey (holiday).

I have averaged 17.5 mpg over 1 year. That included a 3000 mile trip in Europe mixed driving, 3000 motorway miles and about 4000 mixed town and spirited driving (weekends).

Going to work, which is a 2 mile open road then 3 mile town journey i see an average of about 16mpg, bearing in mind this is a from cold start so running rich for the first part.

Motorway i would expect 22-23mpg.
Town, average about 15. In slow crawling traffic it can be 11-12mpg.
Fast A road, 17-18mpg.

Hance i averaged 17.5 over 1 year (10,000 miles).

But if you get a milltek, its worth every penny. I dont do many miles cummuting and use an old landrover for half of that. So its only expensive when i want to have fun or take her on a long journey (holiday).

With the exception of your long distance drive my day to day running is very similar to you and I achieve pretty much the same MPG as you are doing.