Vid of modded RS4

Yeah! I thought it was ****** at first and then... BAM! It was gone!

Scary sh*t, but all good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

You'd be scared to race it if it pulled along side you thinking it might explode during take off.... that is until you see it disappear into the distance lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I would seriously doubt that clutch is slipping since it didn't when he launched. And if he has the rest of the car sorted as much as the spec. above suggests then why would he have a sub-standard clutch...? I know it's a powerful car but come on...

Maybe I'm wrong... but it sounds to me like he missed the change, planted his foot again without getting the car in gear hence hitting the limiter which you can hear.

The car then bites again and goes. That wouldn't happen if the clutch was slipping, it would just keep on slipping if he was already red-lining it unless he took his foot off the gas in which instance the car would slow down or stop.

Seems to me he got it in gear again at full revs and off he went... it bites far too quickly for it to be a recovering clutch slip. In my opinion anyway.

Again... I could be wrong.

Not that it matters, the world goes on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyone else got an opinion?

T

I can't seem to download the video. Does anyone have downloaded already?

for a start that is not an RS4 but an S4!!

the car has anti lag hence all the popping and banging at the start.

Audi invented it for the group B cars to keep the turbo spinning when changing gear to ensure you are always on the money when changing and going up.

makes a car really quick but wrecks your turbo and clutch eventually and will hammer the gearbox. Basically fuel is injected into the system as well as ignition retardation to ensure you don't pop the engine.

The slight hesitation after the 1st to 2nd gear change would prob be some sort of backing off systems to ensure the clucth is not fried.

with the Autronic ECU in the thing which gives you anti lag as well as launch control as that thing really moved basically bury the throttle and clutch then the ECU sorts out any clutch slip or gearbox issues!! bit like a F! car used to be!! gets done for you.

That ECU also allows you to do full throttle gear changes whilst backing off timing and ignition. It sounds like that car has a sequential box of some sort the way he changes gear and backs off after the change.

smart car though. bet it gets rebuilt ever year!!

Nick

The video of my dreams... did anyone download it as the website seems to be down now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif