RS4 engine warning lamp

voicey

Reaction score
Good evening folks, I wonder if someone can help me.

I have just bought an 07 plate RS4, and unfortunately after only having it for 150 miles the engine warning lamp came on, it's staying on permanently (not flashing) and is still there after stopping the engine and re-starting. It is running perfect with no misfires etc.

It was a private sale so I need to get this repaired myself. My question is how can I get the lamp put out, just to see if there is a definite problem (I.E it will come back on if there is a problem that a garage needs to investigate). Is there a way of putting the light out without having to go to a garage? Or do I need it put on a computer?

Cheers for any replies.

Yeah you need to get it scanned for codes, and that will point you in the direction of what to change or do to stop the light coming on. If you just switch the light of via VagCom then it will only come back on until you fix whatever it is is turning it on...

Which warning light - there are 2
The mil light is an orange engine and used for serious or emission faults.
The eps light is used for transient or not serious faults.

VCDS will tell you whats going on and why the lights are on. Until you get it scanned you've probably got a better chance of the 6 numbers coming up for you than second guessing what it could be. Whereabouts are you from?