Monster MotorsportBadger5
    JAJ
    Reverse Gear

Status

carbon build up on RS4 FSI

Hi guys, been reading on several forums about carbon build up problems of which i had not heard of until now on the fsi engine. Does anyone know what to do to see if mine is suffering from it and what to do if it has a build up ? also saw somewhere about checking air flaps ? again how do i check this ? Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    There is a software update for the engine ecu's (there are two) to reduce the warm up phase enrichment, as this dumps excess fuel to allow the cats to reach operating temp asap
    the manifold flaps rarely fail and to decarbon engine it would require the heads off but if no running issues occur then simply update the ecu's to sw 090 (if i recall) and use only the best quality fuel.
    I have yet to see a single rs4 or r8 without coked inlet ports but only one which required cleaning.

If you are referring to vacuum system then some vehicles suffered with leaks but most often it was owners trying to be clever and disconnecting the exhaust flaps and failing to seal of the vacuum pipes

the manifold change over potentiometers can stick but again with all these running issues occur or mil on

don't get drawn into the rs forums and there doom and gloom, rs4 is a reliable car with only the drc suspension being the common failure but as this is covered for 7 years then audi have acted on the numerous complaints
    Last edited by a8 tech back; 30th May 2011 at 21:57.

5th Gear

Status
    not sure if relevant, but had my throttle body carbonated (?), threw up a load of error issues, fix was a quick clean of it all to remove the carbon deposits. £100 or thereabouts. This was on my old 2.0TFSI.
    09 S4 3.0 Supercharged MRC Stage 2 remap 480BHP

07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, plus loads of mods - SOLD

JAJ
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Thankyou for your reply, you have been very helpful i only use shell v power fuel and shall make sure the update is done then carry on as normal, thanks again