Engine Oil in my RS4 B7

JAJ

Reaction score
Hi all, have recently purchased my RS4 B7 on a 2007 year which has been serviced to the avs, the engine oil appeared to be quite dirty to me so have just recently had a small service done. However after short distance the oil does not seem as clean to me as it should ? Is this normal for longlife oil or this engine ? Or should i be having it flushed out ( im thinking the engines a bit dirty inside ? ) I have always changed the oil and filter every 5000 miles on my 1.8t and the oil never really gets that dirty and was going to do the same with this one, is that about right ? Any advice would be appreciated:sly:

The oil in my RS4 stays clean for about 6000-7000 miles and only then starts getting dirty, and the oil consumption starts rising rapidly - so I know it's time for an oil change then.

Sounds like you roil is getting dirty much quicker than that.

Oil stays clean in my RS4, although it does like to eat oil.. I believe this is pretty normal for these cars to need a top-up every 3-4k miles so I am not going to loose any sleep. Seems to drink it quicker if I drive it like I stole it :D