B5 RS4 Spare Wheel

Dav76

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a 2001 B5 RS4 and I'm wanting to get a spare wheel for it. I can't decide what size or style to go for.

I know that my current original wheels are 18" x 8.5j with an offset of 20. Can I put an aftermarket wheel with an offset of 30ish and 8j width on or do I need to use the original size? Assuming that it would be to get me home and not for normal use.

Yesterday I took a wheel off and it doesn't fit into the boot space due to a piece of trim and I was thinking the 8j may fit better. I reckon the 8.5j would fit if the trim was cut back a bit but not so keen to do this.

Are there any space saver options?

Interested to hear if anybody else has solved this problem.

Cheers,
Dave.

It will fit but I would rather not have to cut off a piece of boot trim to make it fit.

I have been led to believe that the B5 RS4 never came with a spare wheel but only with a can of repair foam.

The spare wheel space in the boot has a lovely piece of moulded polystyrene and jack etc. I don't think Audi ever intended for a wheel to be put in but just kept the orginal boot pressing from the A4.

It will fit but I would rather not have to cut off a piece of boot trim to make it fit.
That bit of trim youre talking about, is it the plastic bit thats near the rear slame panel?
My spare wheel catches on that and i got standard 16" alloys. I just need to lift and push it towards the front of the car a bit.

The spare wheel space in the boot has a lovely piece of moulded polystyrene and jack etc. I don't think Audi ever intended for a wheel to be put in but just kept the orginal boot pressing from the A4.
That bit of ploystyrene, jack and tools is normal. that sits in side the alloys. you put the alloy in facedown and the tools in side the alloy.