2.5L dual stage turbo RS3...

Dennis Moeller

Reaction score
It is now closer than ever..."confirmed" on several sites...first up with this engine is the TT-RS. Then late 2009ish it will arrive: The long awaited RS3. Could be boasting > 350 HP

What you reckon? True or just another rumour?

I hope it's true.... I'll be having one for March 2010 if it arrives!
If they have developed the engine and it will fit then why not!!!

Yeah according to some it will be made. Let's just hope they make it a wide body edition with an agressive front. Sorta like the ClubSport Diesel "prototype" that premiered this summer at the Wörthersee event...:rockwoot:

Well sorta like this...

rs3concept.jpg

Wider arches - yes
Not sure about that front end though - might be a grower!
Tuning potential on that engine would be 400bhp with out any effort....!
Sounds amazing too

Poss in the all new A/S3 in 2011 but I will hazard a guess not on this current platform!

Oh well, looks like the stealer will have the interest on my £500 for another few years then! Worth the investment, though, to be on the list if it is made.

I do hope they make it.... Imagine the price though...

I reckon it would need to be c£33k
S3 is £27k basic now.... so that's a £6k hike go much higher than that and it will be tough to justify for most of the market.

if they make it it will have to be more than that surely, I might be tempted back... im holding out for the new RS4 come 2009...

I doubt it would be dual Stage though.Would be very interesting if it was.

Would be very nice if it ever materialises,but like a lot of others I didnt hold my breath and bought an S3 instead.

Putting a turbo version of the 3.2V6 into an RS3 version would have been fun,but I guess the price and performance would have taken it very close to the RS4.

RS3 has been a myth for years since 8L days, as much as I want to believe, the closest it came to anything was QST's modded S3, I cant see them doing with a lower range car, but hey I like to be proved wrong anyway so why not, but can you see many selling if 40k+ I mean it would be near this I think but need to wait few years at least to recover economy for them to sell well unless limited edition

RS3 has been a myth for years since 8L days, as much as I want to believe, the closest it came to anything was QST's modded S3, I cant see them doing with a lower range car, but hey I like to be proved wrong anyway so why not, but can you see many selling if 40k+ I mean it would be near this I think but need to wait few years at least to recover economy for them to sell well unless limited edition

Quite right....I didnt wait despite all of the rumours and the dealer saying it may or may not be coming etc.

Maybe one day....

40k might as well get an S5 and tune it! Would have to be under 35k to make it an attractive proposition I think.

suppose we will have to see.. i think it looks perfect :D