RS3 seen?

aliaudi

Audi Stratford
Reaction score
This may replicate a previous post, however, if it doesn't then it may be of interest!

When I was out in Boxburg earlier in the year, testing the R8, I saw an A3 S/B with day time running lights. This had massively flared arches, quod exhaust pipes, and very very low. Unfortunately, we were stripped of all image capturing devices....

It was apparently a "concept" car, of which, only two were built.
it could be the rs3? got to be honest though, I really don't think Audi will build it, which is a massive disappointment....

If i hear anything...

Was it black or a dark colour? There were some pics in Autocar or Auto Express (can't remember which one) of a car like that a few months ago. Can't remember what they said it might be.

Evo magazine had an article which confirms that RS3 might be coming soon

" when I asked if an rs version of the A8 will be made,the idea is dismissed when asked about the TT,he hints hes already working on it already and that we should expect to see something soon with all new transmission.this would seem to indicate an rs3 is in the pipeline"
3.2 supercharged turbo

Ah ha I see someone has read the latest EVO magazine!

3.2 supercharged? do you reckon?

How about a diesel?

jesters3 said:
Ah ha I see someone has read the latest EVO magazine!

3.2 supercharged? do you reckon?

How about a diesel?

Audi dismissed the 3.2 for the 8P S3 as it was too heavy and would effect steering. The 2.5 litre 5 pot turbo might just be a better bet!

if they make it, it will be a turbo model apparanetly. I think either the 3.2 or the 3.6....mmmmm.... the one in germany was red!

I am in total love with my S3, but if an RS3 does ever decide to turn up, I'm ordering one straight away! Already asked my friendly salesman to keep me informed!

From all the reviews i've read, most already class the S3 in a leauge of it's own with no real direct competition....I just don't see who the RS3 would be aimed at?

I get the RS4 in most respects, it's an option against an AMG Merc or M3....what would the RS3 compete against?...I couldn't see sales being that high myself with the price tag which i'm assuming would be well over £40k considering a well spec'd S3 currently goes for £34k+, that's a hell of an ask for a hatch back.

I think it would sell loads, it has no competition which is not a disadvantage! I'd definatly look into getting one even with the price tag.

Yeah, it would be unique, I don't know if there would or would not be a market for one, but for around 40k with similar performance to a top spec Evo or a n/a 911 and the practicality of an A3 I would definitely buy one.

According to Jeremy Clarkson and his "reliable information" the RS3, if it is launched won't be launched until the new A3 is unvieled in 2 years time so we have a wait on our hands...

It will be a long long wait fellas believe me if it ever comes which personally I dont think it ever will.

Audi have always said and stood by that they never make more than 1 RS model at a time.

So we have the RS6 coming out next year.....then Audi have already said and confirmed the RS5 which wont get made until the RS6 finishes so how longs that 2-3 years maybe?

I don't know if Audi can afford to stand by their "1 RS model at a time" rule for much longer though.

Merc have AMG models of all their cars and BMW have the same with M versions of all their cars (well nearly!).

With the new M3 and CSL rumoured can Audi afford to put the RS5 off for 2-3 years whilst they are doing the RS6??? Will they wait so long on the new A4 before they introduce the RS4???? Again, not sure they can afford to do this, especially given the amount of M cars (think old M3 sales) and AMG cars their competitors are shifting!!!!

Personally, from a business perspective i'd expect to see Audi RS models coming through sooner in the model life cycle and staying in range for longer. I guess we'll see!

On the RS3, i'd love to believe they will develop one, but I do agree that the price is going to get a little scary for a hatch, however, looking at BMW's 135 coupe, 306bhp.... it's starting to pave the way for one from a pwer war perspective. Plus, if Audi do launch the rumoured TT-RS surely the engine from that could be developed for an RS3.....

We'll see, but how good would a 350bhp, magetic ride car be??????

Audi have S models for this though as BMW have the M series.

The RS models are limited one off runs which take that much development I think they will stand by the one RS model at a time quite strictly!

If they do the RS 5 after the RS 6 then a RS if ever made will be 5 years away at least....

I thought they were making a TT-RS too? so when will they squeeze this in?

I just think as Audi appears to be serious about becoming more recognised as a 'serious' maker of drivers cars they need to get their halo products out sooner in a models life cycle.
If rumours are true we have:
RS6 - coming very soon
RS5 - rumoured next year
RS -TT - rumoured next year
RS3???? I doubt it, but we could all be pleasantly surprised!!!
New A4 - next year, so could there be a RS4 in 2009????

You may very well be right JamS3 and it will only ever be 1 RS at a time, but from a business perspective I'd be surprised if Audi didn't invest in the development of multiple RS products running at the same time.

voorhees said:
" when I asked if an rs version of the A8 will be made,the idea is dismissed when asked about the TT,he hints hes already working on it already and that we should expect to see something soon with all new transmission.this would seem to indicate an rs3 is in the pipeline"
3.2 supercharged turbo

There are some spy pics of this in auto express - TT with RS4 Exhausts....interesting

Fuel for the fire - maybe they read my earlier posts ;)

Audi change their product lifecycle strategy on topgear online:

November 27, 2007
More RS, vicar?
Audi's tuning arm, quattro GmbH (think M-Sport to BMW or AMG to Merc), has announced that it will step up production of RS models.

Traditionally, RS versions were only produced in the last two years of a model's production run, but quattro director Werner Frowein said this week that a change in strategy will mean RS variants within two years of the model launch.

Which means that we could see an RS version of the new TT very soon, with an RS5 to follow. And - here's where it gets really interesting - even the R8 in full RS-spec somewhere down the line.

However, it's not yet clear whether quattro will continue its policy of only producing one RS model at a time - a policy that requires some serious reconsideration. The more the merrier, we reckon.

I have one already picked it up on friday was going to be a demonstrator but gave it us instead.

I have one already picked it up on friday was going to be a demonstrator but gave it us instead.

Really? I didn't think they were allowed to do that?

think its because i went in every week 4 a month asking where my car was and how long i had 2 waitfirst they said i couldn,t have it but they rang me an hour later and said area manager said if i want it i can have it so i did.

think its because i went in every week 4 a month asking where my car was and how long i had 2 waitfirst they said i couldn,t have it but they rang me an hour later and said area manager said if i want it i can have it so i did.

Pics!!!!!

having trouble putting pics on will try 2 get some posted this week

Last edited: