Scum sucking idiots ..... :(

And one dead! :sadlike:

Lots of hits and comments here but hopefully NO 'Likes'

I do hope one of the audi-sport contributors aren't involved in this...

Correction: Brodster's right, two dead...

Last edited:
F***

Feel for that young couple and their families... That Corsa never stood a chance.

It's a shame that just because some young kids (bearing in mind I'm 25) think that because they can afford a high powered car then they become the worlds best driver which is presumably why this "race" was happening.

This is terrible !!! Why do people feel they have to race on the public highway ?

You do see more and more dangerous driving when out and about, not always high powered cars either !

Tragic.

Some people don't realize the outcome of one small mistake whilst traveling at speed.

I passed within a few minutes of it happening.

wasn't a nice sight.
I had a birds eye view in the artic.

Almost feel ashamed for owning an RS3 when you hear stories and see headlines like these:
Couple killed 'after Audi drivers smashed into them during race' | Mail Online
Sad waste of life thoughts to all families and friends in there tragic lose

Like everyone else here, we know it is NOT the car(s).

The Audi S3 and RS3 are both superb motorcars providing safe all weather abilities.

I'm sure we'll ALL be sending deepest sympathies to the families of those in that Vauxhall Corsa.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Background there is houses and traffic lights? Wtf? What a moron driving the car..

Just been on Granada news this morning, police have charged a man from Farnworth with death of 2 people by dangerous driving.

The second driver has been bailed as he is still in hospital.

They did say his name but I'm not going to post that.

Name and shame!

Name and shame!

NO Worries Sam: "Carl David Wood, 27, from Bolton, will appear in court this morning accused over the smash which claimed the lives of Aaron Tulsa Jones, 19, and his 22-year-old girlfriend Amy Louise Hobson."

Source: Manchester Evening News

Appears to be a forum member on here who signed up in 2004 but didn't post and doesn't appear to have visited since that year. As I've said in another post hopefully if the justice system does it's job he won't be posting again.

Reactions: andy1, DAYTONA 500 and kanecullen89
From the pics on MEN website, the S3 took the impact into the corsa, the RS3 has hit something but the damage is minimal compared. I presume then they have charged the RS3 driver, given the state of the S3 would more than likely mean hes the one still in hospital.

Anyone else here had a good look at this car and wonder if this guy has his FRONT wheels/tyres on the BACK and his REAR wheels/tyres on the front? Or maybe 8.5 J's on the rears - something just doesn't look right - not that that helps the situation...

Sympathies to everyone and I mean everyone involved with this nightmare...

Attachments

• RS3crash_wheels.jpg
    RS3crash_wheels.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 850
Last edited:
Reactions: Artimus
I must admit first time I looked at that picture it seemed to me that the fronts looked smaller diameter

Then I just put down to camera angle and angle of the car playing tricks.

From the pics on MEN website, the S3 took the impact into the corsa, the RS3 has hit something but the damage is minimal compared. I presume then they have charged the RS3 driver, given the state of the S3 would more than likely mean hes the one still in hospital.

The other driver "A 25-year-old man who was also arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving is still in hospital and has been bailed until he is well enough to be dealt with" UPDATE: Farnworth man accused of causing East Lancs Road death crash remanded in custody (From The Bolton News)

Guys, it's very sad and tragic that someone so young should lose their lives over something as simple as driving.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment of disgust, let's all remember we at some time have probably all done something silly and maybe over stepped the mark more than we should.

Let him without guilt cast the first stone comes to mind!

Also whilst I'm not condoning anyone racing, which hasn't been proved yet, what part did the Corsa play in all this?

Again not trying to trivialise this, but people need to keep a sensible grip on this, we all enjoy pushing the loud pedal at times and I guess you can't ever say it's safe unless it's on a track.

My heart goes out to the families of the victims.

Reactions: jimojameso, A4_MaJiK, wickedstef and 4 others
I wondered if this would be posted if it was say a saab and not an audi ?
things like this happens all the time but just cos its an audi they get slated.

I think one of the main reasons the guy who's been charged hasn't been bailed is down to the amount of anger in the local community about it all!

I certainly do agree though that the fact it was two high powered Audis is making it a much higher profile case than normal!

Last edited:
Guys, it's very sad and tragic that someone so young should lose their lives over something as simple as driving.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment of disgust, let's all remember we at some time have probably all done something silly and maybe over stepped the mark more than we should.

Let him without guilt cast the first stone comes to mind!

Also whilst I'm not condoning anyone racing, which hasn't been proved yet, what part did the Corsa play in all this?

Again not trying to trivialise this, but people need to keep a sensible grip on this, we all enjoy pushing the loud pedal at times and I guess you can't ever say it's safe unless it's on a track.

My heart goes out to the families of the victims.

I did think along a similar line and although I know as I've aged now would not have been drawn in to such a reckless act I did think back to some of the aggressive driving I did as a youngster and wonder just how I would have driven 30 years ago in an RS3
I do really feel for the families and friends of the victims but did make me think whether the 2 Audi Drivers are just complete scum bags (in which case they should rot in hell) or were they no different to a lot of other young kids who were just doing something very silly at the wrong time in the wrong place which now as well as them spending part of there life behind bars they are also going to have to live with the knowledge that there stupidity has taking away 2 very precious life's.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, Dave-S3 and Mr_Freeze
I read that the engine from the corsa was ripped out of the car. Is that is in the background of the first pic ? People who can afford an RS3 and s3 should know better in my opinion. I wouldn't mind but the east lancs is littered with speed cameras as well. I also read reports of the s3 being on fire. Doesn't look fire damaged to me

Rip - poor kids and I hope the audi drivers rot in hell

The S3 was quite clearly fire damaged, the thing is those two lads didn't get up that morning and think, I'm going to go out and crash my car into someone with the intention of killing or seriously injuring the occupants inside. Im damn sure they aren't going to be proud of themselves for it….

We call peadophiles, child killers, rapists & murderers who pre meditate killing innocent victims "scum bags" and say they should "rot in hell"

Im not defending them here but theres a clear difference here between those types of people and those who's daft actions in a car have caused accidental deaths...

Just my two pennys!

Reactions: Compkiler, A4_MaJiK and Real Thing
There's accidental and damn right stupid. The east lancs is a dual carriageway with lots of side roads coming off it. I am tolerant of accidents but speed is clearly a factor here to physically rip the engine from a car. People who can afford rs3 and s3 should know better and be more responsible. I know we are all not angels and saints all of the time bit this so called "accident" with a few face book witnesses suggesting that they were racing is unacceptable on the public road especially a road as bad as the east lancs.

Everyone does something ****** idiotic at some point in their lives, I've done so many I can't remember most of them. However whilst we all feel passionate about this, this is why the legal system is exists, to add an element of independence and take the emotion out of due process. Hopefully it will now hand out an appropriate punishment to fit the crime based on all the variables. Whatever that is it won't bring anybody back, so those few minutes of madness will ruin a large group of people's lives for some time to come. Hopefully the best thing that can happen is everybody who reads about it might think twice before engaging in a rash action of the road.

Pre-meditated criminals (e.g. Paedos / murderers / rapists) are in a different league in my mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: A4_MaJiK, lgooch, Real Thing and 1 other person
People who can afford rs3 and s3 should know better and be more responsible.

I really don't understand your comment, are you saying the more expensive or faster the car is the more responsible you should be?

So you've never seen a Aston, Porsche, Ferrari or a M3 smashed up by somebody been a Prat? Get real.

Reactions: foxymk1 and Compkiler
I just think that somebody who can afford a powerful car should respect that at the end of the day it can be a murderous weapon. Fine go and smash up your Ferrari on an empty road acting like a tit but this is the east lancs and if you knew the road which I guess you don't then I hope you would agree. There is a time a place for speed and like I have said we are all not angels and saints all of the time but the east lancs is not the place to race. Too many lights, side roads, cameras etc for them to know better. Doesn't really matter why car you drive, it should be driven with the appreciation of other drivers. Just my opinion of course, not wanting to start an argument

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
I think we have to be-careful we don't defend the idiots here as the last think I would want to do is try and justify any accident when such a sad loss of life has occurred but unless the 2 Audi Drivers are more than 2 idiotic young men who didn't realise what there stupid action would entail I also wouldn't class them in the "peadophiles, child killers, rapists & murderers who pre meditate killing innocent victims "scum bags" that should "rot in hell""

Reactions: Mr_Freeze
Audi's seem to have been in the press quite a lot in the past year or so, and not in a good way either! Just last month a young fella crashed his A4 head on into a double decker bus in London, killing himself and injuring his passengers! He was said to be racing another car too.

So is it a case of high powered Quattro's giving the impression of everlasting grip right up to the limit, only for the drivers to realise too late that's not the case, or is this an ego driven determination to beat the other car "no matter what"? The first rule of driving fast is: Know Your Limits.

Condolences to the families of those killed.

Reactions: lgooch and Mr_Freeze
Anyone behind the wheel of a car can turn it into a weapon.

I've just never heard two drivers be called scumbags before after an accident, that's why I mentioned dangerous criminals.... As that's where we generally hear the term being used...

Reactions: Artimus and Real Thing
Anyone else here had a good look at this car and wonder if this guy has his FRONT wheels/tyres on the BACK and his REAR wheels/tyres on the front? Or maybe 8.5 J's on the rears - something just doesn't look right - not that that helps the situation...

Sympathies to everyone and I mean everyone involved with this nightmare...
The front wheels look smaller than the rears! is that not supposed to be the case then?

also, going by that picture the parts visible through the air vent look brand new! Could it be a replica or recently repaired & aren't Adaptive Headlights standard equipment on the RS3, as those are definitely not adaptive.
:uhm:

Last edited:
The front wheels look smaller than the rears! is that not supposed to be the case then?

also, going by that picture the parts visible through the air vent look brand new! Could it be a replica or recently repaired & aren't Adaptive Headlights standard equipment on the RS3, as those are definitely not adaptive.
:uhm:

The front wheels/tyres are supposed to larger than the rears on a stock RS3

also, going by that picture the parts visible through the air vent look brand new! Could it be a replica or recently repaired? :uhm:

Errm NO Artimus: STD UK spec' is 235/35s on the front and 225/35s on the rear. Optional is 255/30s on the front and 225/35s on the rear.

That said, it's not unknown for tyre fitters and/or Audi dealers even to re-fit these wheels/tyres incorrectly...

However, I do not think the wheel/tyre fit on rthis car - right or wrong - a factor in this accident and again would commiserate with everyone directly and indirectly involved with this horrific incident.

The items (horns, etc) behind the air-vent look 'new' because the air-vent on the offside was totally blanked originally and only had holes (46F8 upgrade) added later (September 2012 for mine).

Reactions: warren_S5, DAYTONA 500 and Artimus
ah okay, shows my lack of knowledge on these things. but I'm looking at the wheel spokes rather than the tyres (which look to be similar profiles) and the rears look a size bigger than the fronts, so should the fronts be 19" & the rears 18" or are they all the same size from the factory?

ah okay, shows my lack of knowledge on these things. but I'm looking at the wheel spokes rather than the tyres (which look to be similar profiles) and the rears look a size bigger than the fronts, so should the fronts be 19" & the rears 18" or are they all the same size from the factory?

19-inch x 8J front and rear (235/35 front and 225/35 rear Continental 5P) Artimus is standard UK spec'. However, later UK cars had the option of an 8.5J front with a 255/30 Continental 5P.

This guys car, to me, seems to have an 8.5J rear (and 8J front) as the rim spokes are more curved and the tyre swells a little more over the rim - the original 225/35 on an 8J rim certainly didn't do that as the rim was way exposed to kerbing...

Anyway, having re-tyred my own car recently I found it interesting that the tyre supplier questioned my requirements, like "are you sure" and "that won't pass an MOT here"; and I know that at least one RS3 owner here in the UK reported that his AUDI dealer had re-fitted his wheels/tyres incorrectly post service - somewhere in Kent I recall...

AGAIN, I commiserate with everyone directly and indirectly involved with this horrific incident - there's a LOT of pain being felt out there...

This just completely saddens me.. 2 innocent young lives lost and two nice Audi's smashed up.. "/

This just completely saddens me.. 2 innocent young lives lost and two nice Audi's smashed up.. "/

And that Vauxhall Corsa, Jay.

ALL 3-cars were very clean, polished, etc., showing enthusiasm for each car by its owner/driver.

July 8th at Manchester Crown Court is going to be one HELL of an experience for both those 2-young Audi drivers and ALL others related with this horrific incident; there's a LOT of pain being felt out there...

Reactions: 5CYL, y2kcurran and DAYTONA 500
Did anything happen with this case at court

Cant find any updates about this case in the news anywhere