Bye Bye RS3.

DAYTONA 500

Reaction score
After 7 months of ownership I've had to say a fond farewell to the RS3 but it doesn't suit my needs,I've had back problems for over a year and have recently been diagnosed with 2 ruptured discs which are pressing on the sciatic nerves causing pains in my lower back ,down my left leg and worst of all my left B**ll*ck:scared2:.Ive gone for something a lot more comfortable with ample power, adjustable suspension,and a sports diff.The RS3 is a great car and I've thoroughly enjoyed ownership with some great drives in it especially the Cotswolds dyno day,and I'm sure there will be more meets to come with you guys as I'm staying with Audi.:blackrs4:

Ben, sorry to near you saying goodbye to the RS3, but its great to near you staying with audi. Hope you get your back problems sorted out soon. :) x

Reactions: 8PARSY and DAYTONA 500
Hi Ben, that dyno day out was fun wasn't it! I'm guessing S4 with Drive Select and the sports diff. Probably the best Q car of this moment. Maybe something a bit taller but I don't know much about those motors! With your Merc past I thought you might have gone for a C or E 63 AMG too, the ride is much more compliant. Hope Audi did a good deal because as you know the deals they offered me were shocking!

I agree with you the RS3 is a great car but most importantly your car has to suit your life. In a similar way this is why I went for the 620R now. I know I won't want to be doing track days in wet weather gear and bouncing about a couple of inches from the ground in 10 years time, but for now I'm good with that.

I think it's a lesson for Audi that the next RS3 needs adaptive suspension as an option at least.

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus, 45bvtc and DAYTONA 500
Good to hear you will be staying with Audi,not so good about your back and the other problems.
I know what your going for :eyebrows:

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Mark Its not the 'taller' thing you refer which i think also rules out what Jason is thinking,Audi have not put active suspension on the RSQ3 which was a big let down ,my previous Audi was the B8 S4 and it was nearly another one but couldn't find one with the right spec,so to cut to the chase its this
HighResImageaspx_zpscbe344e2.jpeg

HighResImageaspx_zps0b62cdaa.jpeg

HighResImageaspx-Version2_zps520c85c8.jpeg

HighResImageaspx_zps4669b5a6.jpeg

Reactions: JudderMan, gogz s3, CHEZ and 11 others
Very nice Ben, im loving those seats. :) x

They're just like myself, built for comfort not speed Lol.

That made me laugh Ben. Dont forget the pic if you get Suzi Perry as a passenger, lol. :) x

Reactions: Ghost
That made me laugh Ben. Dont forget the pic if you get Suzi Perry as a passenger, lol. :) x

Even the thought of that is making my backache, I'd rather stick to a Muller Corner and a Cup of hot chocolate with lashings of Brandy in it.

Reactions: Sandra
Even the thought of that is making my backache, I'd rather stick to a Muller Corner and a Cup of hot chocolate with lashings of Brandy in it.

Yes, i have to agree with you there Ben, lmao. :) x

Sorry to hear about the back pain Ben, another RS3 owner gone :bye:

Really like the S5 though ! :thumbsup:

Reminds me of the famous Hugh Grant 'Golf-ball' story on TG!

Reactions: JudderMan and DAYTONA 500
Good memory dbm ,my claim to fame could be my B**ll*cks are the same as Hugh Grants.:jump:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ghost
Riviera Blue Stafford Audi they've got a couple of RS4s in the same colour Used Audi RS4 cars for sale with PistonHeads there is one on RS246 forum thats just changed hands.Used Audi RS4 cars for sale with PistonHeads Cornflower is my favourite Blue looks absolutely stunning .

Reactions: RS3copilot and 45bvtc
Just made a similar transition myself. S3 standard seats are like an instrument of torture.

Looking forward to electric memory adjustment super sports seats in the S5, every time my other half borrows the car I end up spending 10 minutes trying to find a sweet spot. S5 can be made for speed if you're pockets are deep enough!

Just made a similar transition myself. S3 standard seats are like an instrument of torture.

Looking forward to electric memory adjustment super sports seats in the S5, every time my other half borrows the car I end up spending 10 minutes trying to find a sweet spot. S5 can be made for speed if you're pockets are deep enough!
Theres only .3 of a second slower to 60 than the RS3, previous to the RS3 i had a B8 S4 for 2.5 years which is basically a saloon version of the S5 coupe and those Supersports Seats are really comfortable and supportive.I bet you can't wait to get yours you definatley won't be disappointed , can see you've gone for Phantom Black what colour interior and spec have you ordered?

Theres only .3 of a second slower to 60 than the RS3, previous to the RS3 i had a B8 S4 for 2.5 years which is basically a saloon version of the S5 coupe and those Supersports Seats are really comfortable and supportive.I bet you can't wait to get yours you definatley won't be disappointed , can see you've gone for Phantom Black what colour interior and spec have you ordered?

Lunar silver / black nappa leather with black roof lining / B&O / Tech pack high / Memory seats / luggage pack with 12v in boot / phone prep high / dimming folding memory mirrors / advanced key / tyre pressure / comfort pack / adaptive damper control / drive select / Quattro sports differential / dynamic steering / heated seats / black edition pack with rotor wheels

Think that's about it!

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEZ and DAYTONA 500
Let me know if anything needs bedding-in...

Teeth_zps78e07f7e.jpg

Reactions: warren_S5 and DAYTONA 500
My S4 was Phantom with silver/black seats the colour combo looks stunning,you've specced the car well with the right options,mine is used but has virtually every option and probably won't use all of them heres the spec taken off the dealer advert.
Technical specification

Audio and Communication

Voice Dialogue
B&O Sound System
Mobile Telephone Preparation - High
Ami
HDD Sat nav 3G/Audi Music Interface/ACC
DAB Radio
Brakes and Suspension
quattro 4 Wheel Drive
Sport Chassis
Audi quattro Sports Differential
9Jx20in 7 Twin Spoke 265/30 R20 Alloy Wheels-
Audi Drive Select
Damper Control
Dynamic Steering
Exterior Equipment
Electric/Heated Door Mirrors
Headlamp Power Wash
Front Fog Lights
Interior Equipment
Audio/Gears Steering Wheel Mounted Controls
Climate Control
Adaptive Cruise Control
Cup Holder
Front Armrest
Front Electric Windows
3 Spoke Multi Function Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
Paddle Shift
Rake/Reach Adjustable Steering Column/Wheel
Advanced Key
Packages
Technology Pack-High
Convenience pack
sound Package
Safety and Security
Xenon Headlights With LED Daytime Running Lights
Audi Parking System Advanced
Adaptive Lights
Three Seats - Front & Rear Seat - ISOFIX Anchorage Point
Audi Hill-Hold Assist
High Beam Assist
Anti-Lock Brakes
Electronic Stability Programme
Upholstery and Seats
Carbon Atlas Inlays
Driver/Passenger Electric Seats
Heated Front Seats
Seats Split Rear
Front Seats Sports
Miscellaneous
Immobiliser
Door Mirrors El. Folding,Heat, dimming,Memory
Driver, Passenger And Front Side Air Bags
Alarm
7 speed automatic gearbox
Lane Departure.Warning
Radio/CD/MP3
Remote Central Door Locking
Front/Rear Head Restraints
Rain Sensor
Body Coloured Bumpers
Nine Speakers
Spacesaver Spare Wheel

Reactions: CHEZ
Nice spec ( body coloured bumpers LOL, dealers make me laugh - £50k+ car and they mention that!).

I don't know if I'm just getting old but the S5 just felt (despite its age) a place I'd rather spend more time in. Always wanted a proper coupe: my Audi code is

ACEERC9F
The Audi Configurator - Intro

They're nice cars. I nearly bought an S5 Sportback when I got my RS3; it was a close call from a purchase decision though they are, of course, very different ownership propositions.

My RS3 has the fully adjustable electric seats, which I spec for every Audi I buy - I have found their non-electric seats can be hard to get comfortable with and since I often have to do long distance drives comfort is essential.

Ben, sorry to hear you've left the fold as well. Seems like everyone is bailing!
Really enjoyed your company and I hope you stay around.
Thanks Neil ive left a message on your mobile phone give me a ring when you get time.

Gorgeous car mate!
Very well kitted out example too!
Welcome to the elite! 😃

Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and warren_S5
Gorgeous car mate!
Very well kitted out example too!
Welcome to the elite! ������

Thanks, was i not in the 'elite' when i had the RS3?,it doesn't matter what car you drive you're still the same person when you get out of it.

Reactions: Ghost, 8PARSY, kwistof and 2 others
Lol, well technically yes!
RS3's are very elite as there very rare!
I do love them, but way too expensive for me!
Visually though, just another a3 sport back, from a distance (eyes squinted) of course,, but the 5 has a unique shape, much rarer shape, so in my eyes more unique/elite! 😊

What spec was your RS3 and which dealer would I find it in? I'm looking to buy one at the moment!

they are lovely cars with a brilliant driving position if you put the seat as low as possible

the last car anyone with a bad back wants is an RS3

Picked up the S5 today and was sad to see the RS3 go ,here they are parked side by side.Look how muscular the RS3 looks with those wide front wheel arches :hubbahubba: .
IMG_0714_zps466259af.jpg

Reactions: warren_S5 and Kelza
Hi Ben,

So then how are you liking the S5 then ?
I defiantly made the right decision I'm really pleased with it and i will do a write up when i get more time,theres a lot to learn about the options on the car but there's similarities to the B8 S4 i had before the RS3 and am looking foreward to giving it a wash on the weekend so i can inspect the condition of the bodywork.

Reactions: CHEZ
Looks like Kidlington....

Interesting move, intrigued to see what you think once you've settled to the S5, very good choice sir!

Some nice people in their RS3 paid me a surprise visit today.
IMG_0731-Version2_zps7ba39b91.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc, Kelza and warren_S5