brake pad and disc issue!!!

nshort10

Reaction score
Hi guys

just took my car to quick fit to get brake pads checked this morning as the light came on sunday morning.

they just phoned and said I need new discs and pad!!! the car has only done 14500 miles. has this happened to anyone else, if so did you get new discs through warranty??

any help would be great.

Are these the original brakes? Have you had the 47i6 upgrade?

Easy to check: the part number on your brake discs should end in '301.B', go check.

If your brakes have not been upgraded (no 'B' on the brake disc) then that is a 'FREE' upgrade of pads, calipers, and discs.

GO check previous postings here!

You may need to go through Audi UK but tell them you have: 1) vibration, 2) poor brake performance in wet conditions, and 3) loud brake squeal in dry conditions.

However, if you have had the 47i6 upgrade then, at 14500 miles, you need to modulate the braking...

I'll PM you...

Reactions: NHN
Sorry but why are you going to kwik fit? I doubt they have a clue what they are doing

Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
They will tell you you need discs and pads even if you don't.

Are these the original brakes? Have you had the 47i6 upgrade?

Easy to check: the part number on your brake discs should end in '301.B', go check.

If your brakes have not been upgraded (no 'B' on the brake disc) then that is a 'FREE' upgrade of pads, calipers, and discs.

GO check previous postings here!

You may need to go through Audi UK but tell them you have: 1) vibration, 2) poor brake performance in wet conditions, and 3) loud brake squeal in dry conditions.

However, if you have had the 47i6 upgrade then, at 14500 miles, you need to modulate the braking...

I'll PM you...

I'm assuming pad part number would be the same on the TTRS right?

I'm assuming pad part number would be the same on the TTRS right?

No they are not. The TTRS uses a different disc. The offset between disc surface and hub face is different.

Reactions: cheechy
Ouch ok thanks for that glad I asked!

My plan a is to go for the much loved redstuff pads rather than chase dealer down anyway but now concerned the rs3 equivalent part number won't fit the TTRS (DP31210C). Given the disc is different I'm assuming the pads could be too.

Sorry about questions on rs3 forum but the wealth of knowledge here doesn't seem to exist even on dedicated sites such as tt forum.

The pads and calipers are the same it just the offset of the discs that's different!

Reactions: cheechy
Sorry Cheechy, I couldnt have fully ready your post properly, I thought we were still talking about discs and wanted to stop a disaster!