Replacement front disks

funkyfresh69

Reaction score
Morning all

I have had the brake recall and front vents done about 6 months ago. This cured both the brake squeal most people get and brake judder

But after a track day the judder came back. Dealer took one look at the disks and pads and said there was no way that Audi would replace them as it had been tracked.

I then had the front disks skimmed and some brembo pads fitted which did sort the brake judder out.
But after just a few minutes of light braking on another track day , the judder came back. It gets worse with harder braking but is always there even under light normal braking on the road

So. My thoughts were to junk the stock disks and get upgraded ones that work with stock callipers. Any thoughts on this approach and the make to go for?

I'm pretty sure it's the front disks as applying the handbrake doesn't make it happen and the tremor is felt through steering wheel. Would my diagnosis be correct?

Many thanks for the reply and pointing me in the right direction. Are you happy with your upgrade now you’ve had them for a while?