EM TuningVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: RSQ3.

2nd Gear

Status

RSQ3.

Been to look at the RSQ3 at my local dealer and will be having it for a day to have a proper test drive as soon as the car has been registered as a demo.First impressions it looks good and feels a nice place to sit in ,but its not all about looks so will reserve judgement until I've driven it.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    L1ARR, Veneeringman, Kelza and 1 others like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    It does look good I have to say, love the aggressive front.

Status
    Profile view needed Ben,its a big un isn't it ?

Bazinga

Status
    Has it a decent sized sized boot Ben ?

Looks good in Red ! not that I'm biased or anything.
    45bvtc and Daytona3 like this.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

4th Gear

Status
    stingy with the pipes werent they..should have been given two tbh!
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm waiting to drive mums it arrived before Xmas but she's not going to get it till the end of this month. I went to see it in the lock up and it look evil all black wheels wing mirrors black pack (might have been my idea). They have really great reviews.
    DAYTONA500 likes this.
    New Car
    Audi S3 Sprint Blue Oscarli Stage 2+
    Old Cars

Audi TTRS 2010 Phantom Black Oscarli Stage 1
    Audi S3 2009 Facelift Ibis White (Recaro Buckets)
    Audi S3 2009 Pre-Facelift Solar Orange Oscarli Stage 2
    Audi A1 185 2011 White

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Profile view needed Ben,its a big un isn't it ?
    Its only 4inches longer and two inches wider body wise than the RS3 so not much externally bigger but its 7inches higher giving easier access .
    voorhees likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    I'll be interested in what you think of it

It got a very good review in EVO magazine ... 4.5 out of 5

They liked it a lot saying it was far more successful and enjoyable to drive than the RS3, 4, 5, 6 or 7

Engaging, fun to hustle and lovely to live with !
    DAYTONA500 likes this.
    Audi RS3 in Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneeringman View Post
    Has it a decent sized sized boot Ben ?

Looks good in Red ! not that I'm biased or anything.
    I would think so, theres more headroom inside so with the seats folded down there should be a decent loadspace.Heres a link to the digital brochure for anyone who is interested.http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...ides/rs-q3.pdf

2nd Gear

Status
    Is that car in Hatfield Audi?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by L1ARR View Post
    Is that car in Hatfield Audi?
    No.

1st Gear

Status
    Sorry for bringing this down, but that's awful. The q3 is comparable to the just as hideous Nissan qashqai
    yuan2211 and monkeyboy_marcus like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ijgreer View Post
    Sorry for bringing this down, but that's awful. The q3 is comparable to the just as hideous Nissan qashqai
    Go post that on the Nissan forum I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

1st Gear

Status
    I'd imagine they would, everyone's taste is different which is why so much choice with a car. Just think they are both bad additions. Unfortunately, Nissan have pretty much an entire bad range with exception to the 370z and the gtr

1st Gear

Status
    Audi finally follow BMW and whore out their performance mark (although they do not stick it on half their cars like BMW and Merc do)

They should have called it an S or a +

A shameful day for the marketing team at Audi

It has a fat arse and a droppey face

Neutral

Status
    Morning all,

Say have you had the chance to test drive the RSQ3? If so, what's it like?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tee-bee View Post
    Morning all,

Say have you had the chance to test drive the RSQ3? If so, what's it like?
    Not yet, I'm waiting for them to phone me when its registered so i can have it for a day for a proper test-drive .

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYTONA500 View Post
    Not yet, I'm waiting for them to phone me when its registered so i can have it for a day for a proper test-drive .
    Interested to see what you say about it. My mum has got a Q3 and I'm not the biggest fan of it but I like the look of the RSQ3. Although, it doesn't have those lovely accentuated arches like the RS3 :D

Would you be looking to swap to an RSQ3 if you liked it enough?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MODDED9N View Post
    Interested to see what you say about it. My mum has got a Q3 and I'm not the biggest fan of it but I like the look of the RSQ3. Although, it doesn't have those lovely accentuated arches like the RS3 :D

Would you be looking to swap to an RSQ3 if you liked it enough?
    It would have to be a really great drive for me to swop.

Status
    Hi daytona500 did you get a test drive of the rsq3 ?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelza View Post
    Hi daytona500 did you get a test drive of the rsq3 ?
    Never got round to it,as soon as i found out there was no adjustable suspension i knew the car wasn't for me.

Status
    AS a marketing exercise I get why Audi would respond to BMW's M SUV's, but the purist in me is deeply disappointed that the RS logo wasn't set aside for balls out special edition road specific vehicles with real racing potential / pedigree.

The RS2 stirs my soul and makes me yearn for it because of the immense attention to detail and passion that's gone into the car, this RS Q3 just has a bit more power and an unearned badge. It might be good for an SUV, but like with the Nissan Juke Nismo, would I want to turn up at a track with one I'd rather wear week old pants outside my trousers.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Short Back

Status
    It looks like someone attached an airline to the exhaust of an A1 and inflated it, but it looks much better than any BMW M Xcar, so it'll probably sell by the truck load.
    warren_S5 likes this.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Reverse Gear

Status
    I picked my RS3 up from Coventry Audi on Saturday and the guy who collected me from the station reckoned it handles terribly! and thats from an Audi employee......

nowhere near an RS3 although now I'm a little worried they've been ragging my motor about!

Status
    They had them by the bucketload at West London Audi, but then you're in the heartland for these god awful things - Chelsea / Kensington / Knightbridge where the kerbs are oh so steep and to be fair Richmond as I discovered on Saturday (to the delight of my chiropractor) has a real sleeping policemen problem.

I did take a photo of one in the dealership as it intrigued me somewhat, but no amount of looking at it makes me like it any more.

My personal view is that these tanks should have been allowed to wear an 'S' badge if they are properly quick, as 'S' doesn't imply trackable like RS does. However I guess the likes of people who certifiable enough to buy something akin to an M6 wouldn't consider anything less than an RS badge if they were to consider brand swapping. How long until Audi find a niche for an R8 offroad?? God I hope they don't read that statement.
    Veneeringman likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircool2012 View Post
    I picked my RS3 up from Coventry Audi on Saturday and the guy who collected me from the station reckoned it handles terribly! and thats from an Audi employee......

nowhere near an RS3 although now I'm a little worried they've been ragging my motor about!
    Please explain...

You need to give us some more information and not what some "Audi/Coventry Audi employee" says.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post
    Please explain...

You need to give us some more information and not what some "Audi/Coventry Audi employee" says.
    Well I havent personaly driven an RSQ3 but as I say the emplyee had and reckoned it handled terribly.......just saying

On the other hand my new Misano Red RS3 was a joy to drive and although I havent ragged it (too hard!) handled very nicely
    Veneeringman and DAYTONA500 like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aircool2012 View Post
    Well I havent personaly driven an RSQ3 but as I say the emplyee had and reckoned it handled terribly.......just saying

On the other hand my new Misano Red RS3 was a joy to drive and although I havent ragged it (too hard!) handled very nicely
    OK, my mistake, happily, I thought you were referring to the RS3 when you said "the guy who collected me from the station reckoned it handles terribly!"

But "my new Misano Red RS3 was a joy to drive", then that's great news: enjoy...
    Veneeringman and DAYTONA500 like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah I could've worded that better!
    45bvtc likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    That's bad that a Audi salesman said that to you as they are meant to big up every car they sell. Also it's very different to what all the magazines are saying especially EVO MAG they love the bloody thing. I'll be able to let you all know what I think once my mum/me rack up 1000 miles in her Q3RS
    New Car
    Audi S3 Sprint Blue Oscarli Stage 2+
    Old Cars

Audi TTRS 2010 Phantom Black Oscarli Stage 1
    Audi S3 2009 Facelift Ibis White (Recaro Buckets)
    Audi S3 2009 Pre-Facelift Solar Orange Oscarli Stage 2
    Audi A1 185 2011 White

4th Gear

Status
    The single exhaust just looks so wrong and in-balanced ... more so for an RS !
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    The single exhaust just looks so wrong and in-balanced ... more so for an RS !
    THINK of that single-exhaust pipe as more of a Q-car characteristic.

Like other new cars, 4/6/8-pipes out of the back are for me oh so NAF! Especially when so many are duplicated and/or available for switchable 'noise' only.

MUCH BETTER NOT to advertise what you have, just express that characteristic when appropriate, if you know what I mean...

ON the other hand, you could ADD MEGA graphics to the back end of whatever you have saying whatever you want i.e., I'm actually a Ferrari F40/F50/etc, tsk, which I'm not, but the graphics do say so; 'kin boring.

I much prefer the guy behind to be thinking: "OH MY! darling, what the f*** was/is that..." And me and mine knowing, smiling, and adding distance...

And most RS3 owner-drivers will know what I mean.

2-pipes, 4-pipes, who cares? Pull those identifying badges; it's a lot more FUN!

Status
    Interesting view, I take it you disapprove of the S3 8V's move to quad pipes.

Personally I prefer balanced exhausts (mirrored each side), if for nothing else but a bit of visual parity. I don't like the shouty Quattro badge emblazoned in the new RS grilles as you mention the subject of badging, but I suppose it's whatever floats your boat. For me it's about how something makes me feel personally, sod all the other road users (I'm not really sure other people care do they?).
    45bvtc likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    Yeah that's where I was coming from.

No problem with one exhaust but in this instance it just looks odd and I would much prefer to see another the other side to balance it out.

One big FO exhaust looks odd imo.

And yeah the Quattro stenciling on the lower front grill is a bit out of character for this car too and not to my taste.

It has nice lights, alloys and paint though
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Interesting view, I take it you disapprove of the S3 8V's move to quad pipes.

Personally I prefer balanced exhausts (mirrored each side), if for nothing else but a bit of visual parity. I don't like the shouty Quattro badge emblazoned in the new RS grilles as you mention the subject of badging, but I suppose it's whatever floats your boat. For me it's about how something makes me feel personally, sod all the other road users (I'm not really sure other people care do they?).
    Correct warren_S3, I think you'll find others and we WILL agree on the perspective as it's ALL in the eye of the beholder anyway. But I DO NOT disapprove of quad-pipes; I just think them just pointless and ineffective on particular cars.

I quite like the RSQ3 with its single pipe; that for me is neat!

But as I'm not going to purchase a 1-exh pipe RSQ3, or a 4-exh pipe S3, then it really isn't an issue for me, and I wouldn't/couldn't condemn either on the number of sticky-out exh-pipes.

Friends will know I like small chuckable Audis, and I love my RS3 and TT roadster, but not the bigger Audi stuff, however many pipes stick out the back.

Whatever Audi you have, and or aspire to, enjoy...
    DAYTONA500 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    Yeah that's where I was coming from.

No problem with one exhaust but in this instance it just looks odd and I would much prefer to see another the other side to balance it out.

One big FO exhaust looks odd imo.

And yeah the Quattro stenciling on the lower front grill is a bit out of character for this car too and not to my taste.

It has nice lights, alloys and paint though

The single pipe for me is an AGE thing.

Years ago, 60/70/80s, a single big-bore pipe was every kids dream me included; now, with gas-flow management, keeping gas flow fast in a small bore pipe is the way to go, but we can now manage the number of outlets electronically. Couldn't do that in the 70's. Exhaust flow is a fascinating subject, as are the aesthetics of...

As for the RS3, this photo knocks me out, and has me checking my Bank balance...:

S3 AD, warren_S5, MB RS3 and 2 others like this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post

As for the RS3, this photo knocks me out, and has me checking my Bank balance...:

That's doing it for me, how I expected it to leave factory. Love the RS twin pipe. Just needs slight alignment as right pipe is higher than left.
    45bvtc and DAYTONA500 like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    That's doing it for me, how I expected it to leave factory. Love the RS twin pipe. Just needs slight alignment as right pipe is higher than left.
    Out of respect for Sandra I'll not tell you what I think of that Swiss back-end... but I am having difficulty walking...
    warren_S5 and DAYTONA500 like this.

Status
    It is stunning, exactly what I'd want an Audi to look like. Not advisable to stand up in a hurry in a busy open plan office after looking at that for any length of time.
    45bvtc and DAYTONA500 like this.

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Morells View Post
    That's bad that a Audi salesman said that to you as they are meant to big up every car they sell. Also it's very different to what all the magazines are saying especially EVO MAG they love the bloody thing. I'll be able to let you all know what I think once my mum/me rack up 1000 miles in her Q3RS
    Except at trade in time when they are trained to tell you whatever car you have is now next to worthless and will be difficult to sell...

Agree on the RS Q3 everything I've read about it on road and track suggest it has superb handling, a little more lively than the RS3 maybe. They've got something right if it can as good as match the lap times of the A45 AMG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast