BRS3 - Before RS3.

Somniac

Reaction score
What did you guys drive before the RS ? And why did you change ? I've been a life long Subaru driver until now. 7 Scoobies over 18 years. The only reason I've swapped is that Subaru UK stopped importing the STi and the RS3 seemed to be the closest match - BHP, 4WD, size (I wish I could add "value for money" to that list).

2e9a8182.jpg
bf367a6d.jpg
d9ca0be9a63d96f962cb3e88a5c2f602_zpse62a7975.jpg
Best car I've ever owned ;)

Reactions: MBK
I had an R32 Golf for 5 years before my RS3, it still made me smile the day I handed it back, i went for the Golf as I find VAG 4 pots souless, my former fleets listed on PH Dave Hedgehog's Profile RS3 is by a country mile the best car I have owned and it was a bargain as well, at the time to my spec S3 was £39,750 and R Golf was £42,250

These are some of my previous rides. Newest at the top... More to follow..Photobucket has thrown a hissy fit!!!! More... Wifes rollerskate... Sonia's S3 Back to mine... I'll finish this later, Photobucket has a virus in it which keeps trying to down load a bad Java update!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MBK and Kelza
Like you Somniac I also previously owned a Scooby and Evo among a few others. I enjoy the odd trackday and pretty much everything interesting I've owned has been on track at some point, plenty of videos on my YouTube channel below.

A few of the best:

The current toy with APR Stage I remap and AP racing/Padgid RS4 pads. We call this our "Scooby for grown ups".

This R26.R was the best track toy I've owned, as fast as the Evo on track and utterly addictive to drive flat out. As the press said at the time it really is the GT3RS for the rest of us.

I'd always been a Scooby man but had the itch to try an Evo, this IX MR FQ360 was one of the best. I found the constant new (and potentially expensive) noises the Evo made after each track outing worrying so didn't keep it long. The acceleration was incredible at the time. In the wet it was a handful and wow cdid the Evo drink fuel, single digits were easy to achieve and sub 4mpg on track makes the RS3's 7mpg seem reasonable.

Honda were giving the last few S2000's away and after the disappointment of the Westfield Sport 2000 below I decided to try one. On track it was superb, revving that Vtec unit to 8K, unburstable reliability too even after a lot of track abuse.

I owned 2 Westfileds in a row and both were a crushing disappointment because they were so unreliable. The Megabird blew it's engine and the Sport 2000 pictured here had a clutch made from chocolate. These cars spent more time being repaired than driven and I much prefer driving!

As we're on ASN I better include the TT quattro Sport too. It was a good car but in all honesty not the greatest I've owned. At 8/10's it was fine but didn't like to really be pushed. The handling became quite snappy at the limit.

Before all those I was a major Scooby fan and loved this STi, here fitted with the Licthfield Type 20 upgrades, AST coilover suspension was superb on wet tracks, back off to the softest setting and enjoy. The DBA Kanagroo paw discs also solved the problem of the standard brakes catching fire!

All have been huge fun to own in their own way but the RS3 is by far the best road car as it can do everything the others offer but with none of the compromise.

Reactions: Kelza