Winter Tyres and Rims for the wifes Q3

Mr_Freeze

Reaction score
Lightnings not going to get winter boots this year, as i don't intend using her that much.

I have finally got round to fitting rims and tyres on the wifes Q3 to make sure she's safe and sound.

From this:-

IMG 1208

To this:-

IMG 1215

Wolfrace Rims with 235/55/17 HR Vredestein Wintrac 4 Xtreme.
Chose Vredesteins on the advice of the Professor (Sorry John) and a lot of research.:yes:

Wolfrace

Reactions: 45bvtc, DAYTONA 500 and Kelza
Well done Neil, best be safe. Just done exactly the same with RS3copilot's TT, but have now gchanged from 17 to 18-inch rims.

Here on 18" x 9J summer rims and Bridgestone tyres:

P1040171summerrubber_zpse579b6f7.jpg

And on 18" x 9J winter rims and Vredestein tyres:

P1040261winterrubber_zps8c233606.jpg

Hope you can see the difference...

Reactions: Mr_Freeze and T-800
I'll be doing the same on the new Renault Master Van we took delivery of on friday John, ordered 4 x Michelin Agilis Alpin from Camskill should be here tomorrow !!

Like you say these are the things that keep you safe on the road !!

Reactions: 45bvtc
And again, Bluey on summer rubber - still on those "suits us" Conti's you'll notice:

RS3onsummerrubber_zpsed1b93f8.jpg

And on winter rubber (we use 'em both all year round):

RS3onwinterrubber_zps93d807c9.jpg

So difficult to see the difference AND THAT'S WHY THE INSURANCE BOYS ARE CONTENT - put 'em on different non-specified wheels and they (some) can get very excited! :wtf: They're not interested in the tyres only the wheels... :uhm:

Reactions: Kelza and T-800
Chose Vredesteins on the advice of the Professor (Sorry John) and a lot of research.:yes:

I've been doing a bit of a duckin' and a divin' Neil.

I wasn't too happy with the original 17" x 8.5J Audi TT 10-spoke wheels on our TT as they: a) collected brake dust oh so easily, and b) were a pain to clean.

Perusing the Audi items on eBay (4th November) as one does I find a nice man in Nottingham advertising a set of 18" x 9J S-line wheels with Bridgestone tyres that had done less than 400-miles from new (he was going 19") so an offer was made and I purchased all four - there's a picture of Bluey somewhere loaded.

Interestingly, these new S-line wheels are great with lighter steering and a more comfortable ride plus they don't hold onto the dirt, hmmm?

Using eBay I sold our 8000-mile 17" x 8.5J wheels and tyres to a very happy man and lost very little of the £'s paid out for the 18" items.

Perusing eBay again and there's a Glasgow wheel refurbishing company selling a set of refurbished 18" x 9J S-line wheels with the same brand new Bridgestone's, hmmm. So got the bid in and all four landed safely 3-days later. And they really are perfect! But I don't want the Bridgestone's...

With a set of 18" Vredestein's on order I'm advertising the Bridgestone's on eBay. Vredestein's arrive; off with the Bridgestone's and on with the Vredestein's - all fitted and balanced perfectly in the back of a van on my drive and with no Hunter this and Hunter that!

Sold two of the Bridgestone's in 36-hours on eBay and were still only 2-weeks from the initial thoughts/purchase.

My tyre van-man says I'm best keeping two of the Bridgestone's for the TT just in case, and he's right; so I pull 'em of eBay forthwith and end up with two lonely Bridgestone's.

Another eBay sale and our 17" x 8J 5-spoke Audi rims with Vredestein winter tyres are sent quickly to another very happy man.

Now I'm thinking my luck is running out here as this isn't costing me much at all and I've now got 8-new tyres on unmarked rims.

But Ebay again and bu**er me if there ain't a guy in Essex selling four 18" x 9J S-line wheels that look a little tatty but are at least are original. Just can't resist, get the bid in and they landed here on Thursday last (and not at all bad), so straight off to JP Alloys for strip/test/paint i.e., full refurbishment.

The plan now is to fit the spare Bridgestone's on to two of those refurbished wheels and sell the other two on, that's right, eBay or audisport.net.

Havingsaid audisport.net, however, both sets of four wheels and tyres, as well as the four Bridgestone tyres, were advertised on audisport.net classifieds with no interest shown.

Hate to say how much this exercise has/is gonna cost me but it isn't a lot, and I've 10-new/or refurbished S-line wheels for the TT and all with new tyres.

It can be done…

PS: good choice with the Vredestein's Neil :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mr_Freeze, DAYTONA 500 and T-800
Talk of wheels and a Hunter..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 45bvtc