T

T-800

Just found this info so thought I'd share

Update-Code: 66G1

Released: Oktober, 23. 2013
Cars: RS3 model 2012
Countries: obviously all
Description:
Exchange of right side fender inlet intending to increase the cooling of the brake disk on the right side.
For Audi RS3s of a certain production period, there is the possibility that a non-uniform temperature distribution can occur at the front brake disks due to different airflows in the fenders.

Reactions: 45bvtc and KKM
Not all cars need this ,mine was registered in 2013 and has the vents in both wheel arches,how about yours Veneeringman?.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I've done enough on RS3 brakes; mine are just fine thank you... :kissmyrings:

Bluey's 3rd Service will be in September 2014 and I'll let Stafford Audi address any 'upgrades' then. :respekt:

In the meantime (and I've seen the photo and read the messages) I'm just gonna leave it to those 'other' guys...

Reactions: NHN and DAYTONA 500
Spoke to Audi UK Today and they confirmed there is an update for my car [66G1] so phoned my dealer and its on their system so booked car in for next week. :thumbsup:

Mine was done yesterday

Hi Dave, what have they changed ? Are they just a wider slotted vent ?

Mine was done TodayIMG 0625 zpse80e82fe not had chance to have a good look and compare.Been driving around in an A6 Allroad as a loan car was glad to get the RS3 backIMG 0622

The new part blocks off the duct shown in the lower left of the before and after photos, the last photo is the other side which still has the duct.Photo2 zps47880c9aIMG 0643IMG 0640

Last edited:
I'll ask Audi about this when I take the RS in for the creaky driver bucket seat. Just got to find a decent dealer now, no way I'm taking it in to Stockport again !!!!!!

Stoke-on-Trent is about 54 miles away.

And Stafford Audi just a little further South...

I'm told Stafford Audi came 3rd in the Audi Customer Satisfaction listings; well done Stafford Audi (I for one use 'em) :thumbsup:

Oh! I got that slightly wrong, I should have said 3rd in the EUROPEAN Customer Satisfaction Listings... :applaus:

I'm told Stafford Audi came 3rd in the Audi Customer Satisfaction listings; well done Stafford Audi (I for one use 'em) :thumbsup:

Oh! I got that slightly wrong, I should have said 3rd in the EUROPEAN Customer Satisfaction Listings... :applaus:

I'm Tempted to go further away just to get the proper customer service !!

Stoke came top last year, so well done to both dealerships : ) plus they are part of the as me group.