Another puncture

T

T-800

:banghead: Other half arrived home tonight complaining about a "funny noise" went out to have a look and found this
second ****** puncture since July !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 217
So annoying and look at all that tread depth, typical! We've also had 3 punctures in the last few months, I can't remember one for years before that so hopefully ours and your run of bad luck is over.

always the way, i bought a brand new pirelli next day i hit a pot hole terminating the tyre.

luckily i took it back and got a replacement

It really makes me:puke2: the state of the roads, not being cleaned regularly potholes everywhere if they get any worse we will all be driving 4x4s.I had only had my RS3 for for three weeks and hit a raised manhole in ongoing roadworks resulting in it needing wheel alignment and balancing but successfully claiming the cost back off the contractor via the local council,then a month or so ago having a nail through a perfectly good tyre resulting in replacing all four,we should all stop paying our road tax until the roads are properly maintained.IMG 0523 zps49b05be2

Last edited:
Luckily, I,ve a spare 225/35/19 so now it's off to the tyre fitters just hoping they don't damage the face of the new wheel !!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Well, I managed to find a good tyre place and the tyre was F**ked (technical term for you there) However the screw had rubbed against the Alloy on the inside, Luckily though not in an area to affect mounting the new tyre !!!
Photo

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 160
If only guys would stick to bonding instead of screwing Sean, if only...

There will be some thinking that's me being rude Sean, but I'm sure you'll see the relevance.

Happy for you that it's sorted
:icon_thumright:

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
If only guys would stick to bonding instead of screwing Sean, if only...

There will be some thinking that's me being rude Sean, but I'm sure you'll see the relevance.

Happy for you that it's sorted
:icon_thumright:

Hi John,

Believe me i was just happy to find a Tyre place that understood the importance of using the correct tools and procedure to change the tyre without scratching or damaging the alloy !

Seems so many tyre places think I'm trying to tell them to 'suck eggs' so to speak !

At least the Gripfix wouldn't kill the ****** tyre eh John ?

Reactions: Moschops and 45bvtc
Nearly put the Winter wheels & tyres on as well ! However not cold enough yet, although I'll regret saying that now !!

Nearly put the Winter wheels & tyres on as well ! However not cold enough yet, although I'll regret saying that now !!

Not yet Sean, not yet. I'll let you know when I swap over; ambient temps need to be constantly around 7ºC and below and were still way above that; mid November for me (in Staffordshire) is about right.

Ive got 1 Continental 225/35/19 done 6k miles with 4-5 mm of tread left if anyone needs it.

I have 2 x 225/35/19 Goodyears gathering dust for anyone after a spare