Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Veneeringman
  • 1 Post By 45bvtc
  • 2 Post By Veneeringman

Thread: Another puncture

Bazinga

Status

Another puncture

Other half arrived home tonight complaining about a "funny noise" went out to have a look and found this
    second bloody puncture since July !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

2. # ADS
    ADS

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    So annoying and look at all that tread depth, typical! We've also had 3 punctures in the last few months, I can't remember one for years before that so hopefully ours and your run of bad luck is over.

5th Gear

Status
    always the way, i bought a brand new pirelli next day i hit a pot hole terminating the tyre.

luckily i took it back and got a replacement

2nd Gear

Status
    It really makes me the state of the roads, not being cleaned regularly potholes everywhere if they get any worse we will all be driving 4x4s.I had only had my RS3 for for three weeks and hit a raised manhole in ongoing roadworks resulting in it needing wheel alignment and balancing but successfully claiming the cost back off the contractor via the local council,then a month or so ago having a nail through a perfectly good tyre resulting in replacing all four,we should all stop paying our road tax until the roads are properly maintained.IMG_0523_zps49b05be2.jpg
    Last edited by DAYTONA500; 17th October 2013 at 22:29.

Bazinga

Status
    Luckily, I,ve a spare 225/35/19 so now it's off to the tyre fitters just hoping they don't damage the face of the new wheel !!
    45bvtc likes this.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

Bazinga

Status
    Well, I managed to find a good tyre place and the tyre was F**ked (technical term for you there) However the screw had rubbed against the Alloy on the inside, Luckily though not in an area to affect mounting the new tyre !!!
    photo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

5th Gear

Status
    If only guys would stick to bonding instead of screwing Sean, if only...

There will be some thinking that's me being rude Sean, but I'm sure you'll see the relevance.

Happy for you that it's sorted
    DAYTONA500 likes this.

Bazinga

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post
    If only guys would stick to bonding instead of screwing Sean, if only...

There will be some thinking that's me being rude Sean, but I'm sure you'll see the relevance.

Happy for you that it's sorted
    Hi John,

Believe me i was just happy to find a Tyre place that understood the importance of using the correct tools and procedure to change the tyre without scratching or damaging the alloy !

Seems so many tyre places think I'm trying to tell them to 'suck eggs' so to speak !

At least the Gripfix wouldn't kill the bloody tyre eh John ?
    45bvtc and Moschops like this.

Bazinga

Status
    Nearly put the Winter wheels & tyres on as well ! However not cold enough yet, although I'll regret saying that now !!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneeringman View Post
    Nearly put the Winter wheels & tyres on as well ! However not cold enough yet, although I'll regret saying that now !!
    Not yet Sean, not yet. I'll let you know when I swap over; ambient temps need to be constantly around 7ºC and below and were still way above that; mid November for me (in Staffordshire) is about right.

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive got 1 Continental 225/35/19 done 6k miles with 4-5 mm of tread left if anyone needs it.

5th Gear

Status
    I have 2 x 225/35/19 Goodyears gathering dust for anyone after a spare
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy