• 1 Post By Ubbs
  • 1 Post By DAYTONA500
  • 3 Post By Ubbs

Thread: New Rotor Alloys 8.5J

Bazinga

Status

New Rotor Alloys 8.5J

Hi All,

Bought these last Saturday Arrived today from Germany, they are the 8.5J / 8J combination with nearly new tyres, really pleased with them as they are virtually brand new !!

Will be polishing and sealing the inside of them before they go on the Red Arrow

IMG_1250.jpgIMG_1254.jpgIMG_1255.jpg
    CarrG, 45bvtc, MBK and 2 others like this.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Very Nice.

Shame they are on Conti's...

What you doing with your original set??
    Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Privacy - New Brakes
    VW California GP 180 DSG "Candy"

3rd Gear

Status
    Nice. I just hope you don't kerb em. Wife has goosed mine and they look poo when damaged

5th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Veneeringman;1960881]Hi All,

Bought these last Saturday Arrived today from Germany, they are the 8.5J / 8J combination with nearly new tyres, really pleased with them as they are virtually brand new !!

Will be polishing and sealing the inside of them before they go on the Red Arrow

Those beasties sure look the dog's BO**OCKS (a TECHNICAL term, obviously!) Sean, well done you!

Let me know if I can help...

Bazinga

Status
    Original set is going to JP Alloys in Cannock for refurb then having winter tyres on
    45bvtc likes this.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

Bazinga

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lgooch View Post
    Nice. I just hope you don't kerb em. Wife has goosed mine and they look poo when damaged
    tell me about it, two original ones were damaged in the same day !! Multi story car park with bloody high kerbs.

Bazinga

Status
    [QUOTE=45bvtc;1961126]
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneeringman View Post
    Hi All,

Those beasties sure look the dog's BO**OCKS (a TECHNICAL term, obviously!) Sean, well done you!

Let me know if I can help...
    Just finished polishing & sealing the wheels John they look even better now!!
    Not putting them on till Saturday.
    45bvtc likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    i love these alloys they looks damn good on avants too!
    45bvtc likes this.
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneeringman View Post
    Original set is going to JP Alloys in Cannock for refurb then having winter tyres on
    I've still some Azera Intenso so if you're passing (on the way to/from JP Alloys) then you'll be made most welcome...
    Veneeringman likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post
    I've still some Azera Intenso so if you're passing (on the way to/from JP Alloys) then you'll be made most welcome...
    watching this one with interest earlier this year I made an enquiry at jp about having mine put back to the standard colour (mine were black and red but the supplying dealer refurbed them a dark Matt gunmetal, poorly I might add) you'll have to let us know how they come out,
    ubbs

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubbs View Post
    watching this one with interest earlier this year I made an enquiry at jp about having mine put back to the standard colour (mine were black and red but the supplying dealer refurbed them a dark Matt gunmetal, poorly I might add) you'll have to let us know how they come out,
    ubbs
    Pete (@ JP Alloys) does a seriously fantastic job Ubbs. Next time you're at you sister's (I've a good memory for an old 'un, eh Ubbs!) you should go down to Unit 3, Virage Park, and see what they're doing that day.

I've had 3-sets of Audi alloys done by Pete - and several Audi garages around here use his services too - and he does a seriously good job, and that's why I would recommend him - without reservation!

Neutral

Status
    Yes I've heard they do a good job I'm wanting mine near as oem as possible with them being diamond cut you can only do them once, I might have a bit time on my hands next week the place where I work in Leeds caught fire and was badly damaged, thanks for the offer John I may take you up on that offer.
    ubbs

Bazinga

Status
    Well the wheels went on yesterday, and everything is good

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

The RS3 now feels better especially when cornering enthusiastically shall we say !!

The wider fronts have much much better rim protection and I'm almost tempted to swap the rears for 235's

time now for a tyre sale (together with the 18" Goodyear winters) ha ha
    JonnyG, CarrG, 45bvtc and 2 others like this.

3rd Gear

Status
    I thought all RS3 came with rotors on as standard.

Bazinga

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lgooch View Post
    I thought all RS3 came with rotors on as standard.
    They do, the 8J / 50 ET ones front and rear, these are the optional extra 8.5J 53 ET 255 / 30 / 19 that some specced when ordering from the factory at extra cost.

They really do transform the cars cornering.

But not cheap to buy and hard to source.
    45bvtc and DAYTONA500 like this.

KKM
    Neutral

Status
    ....on a similar note.... anyone got part numbers for the front wheels?? 235/35 tyre......

I have kerbed one and need to quote the part number when ordering a new one.....

cheers

Kev
    RS3 Suzuka Grey - Black optic pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KKM View Post
    ....on a similar note.... anyone got part numbers for the front wheels?? 235/35 tyre......

I have kerbed one and need to quote the part number when ordering a new one.....

cheers

Kev
    Audi alloy wheels | Genuine new 19" Audi 5 Arm Rotor | fits Audi RS3 8P Sportback | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

Your Audi dealer should find the part number when entering your chassis or reg number.

:-)
    KKM likes this.
    Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Privacy - New Brakes
    VW California GP 180 DSG "Candy"

Neutral

Status
    The wheels have been dropped off at jp alloys and my what a place some very "tasty" motors parked up under cover Pete showed me some black edition roters that had just been refurbed and they looked very good, worth noting that if you intend to change wheel colour like I have you have to budget for new centre caps and nut covers which are about £70, I'll post some pictures once there finished
    45bvtc likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubbs View Post
    The wheels have been dropped off at jp alloys and my what a place some very "tasty" motors parked up under cover Pete showed me some black edition roters that had just been refurbed and they looked very good, worth noting that if you intend to change wheel colour like I have you have to budget for new centre caps and nut covers which are about £70, I'll post some pictures once there finished
    Like I've been saying, the man provides ace refurbishments!

Reverse Gear

Status
    are you selling your old rotors ? i need some

Neutral

Status
    Attachment 21336Attachment 21336Right guys my wheels are back from jp alloys and they've done a very good job, so thanks john for recommendation,
    need to keep away from the kerbs
    Last edited by Ubbs; 25th September 2013 at 17:50.
    45bvtc likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Photos not working.
    Moschops likes this.

Neutral

Status
    image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by DAYTONA500 View Post
    Photos not working.
    having trouble uploading images!
    Veneeringman, 45bvtc and Moschops like this.

4th Gear

Status
    pics please