AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Veneeringman

Thread: Cruise control retrofitted

Bazinga

Status

Cruise control retrofitted

Hi All,

Bought a Cruise control retrofit kit from VW Teeside fitted it Saturday, quite straightforward really even the removal and refit of the Airbag caused no problems

Kit even came with the relevant coding info and VW Teeside were very helpful too.

On a different subject, after having the software update when i had the service and brakes done, i noticed the car was not being held as well on inclines (HHA) so while doing the coding i checked this and it had been turned off ?! Strange ! anyway its back on now so all is good again, perhaps the software update changes a couple of the settings maybe ?
    45bvtc likes this.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneeringman View Post
    On a different subject, after having the software update when i had the service and brakes done, i noticed the car was not being held as well on inclines (HHA) so while doing the coding i checked this and it had been turned off ?! Strange ! anyway its back on now so all is good again, perhaps the software update changes a couple of the settings maybe ?
    Normal, as they returned the coding to the factory state, which is done on fw updates

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

P_G
    2nd Gear

Status
    VW Teesside recommended, they fitted the cruise for me a couple of weeks ago as well as supplying the kit because I wasn't fussed about DIY. Took them less than an hour and the price was less than it would have proportionately cost me to do it.

4th Gear

Status
    Mine has never had HHA turned on from new. I actually missed it when I swapped the S3 for the RS3. So does it work well on the RS3?
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by RYes3 View Post
    Mine has never had HHA turned on from new. I actually missed it when I swapped the S3 for the RS3. So does it work well on the RS3?
    I think it would work exactly the same as on an S3 mate.............and it works very well.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner