Sky InsuranceBadger5
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MBK
  • 1 Post By 45bvtc
  • 1 Post By NHN

Thread: RSQ3 Front Brakes: WHY DIFFERENT to the RS3/TTRS?

5th Gear

Status

RSQ3 Front Brakes: WHY DIFFERENT to the RS3/TTRS?

Some of us (me included) thought the NEW Audi Q3RS - equipped with the same 2.5 litre five-cylinder turbo from our own Audi RS3 and TT RS but de-tuned to 300bhp - would use the same RS3/TTRS front brakes; but no, the Q3RS shown by Audi at Goodwood had these beauties:

And for anyone wondering if I raised the thorny issue of brake squeal, brake disc distortion, wet braking delay, and the issues with the currently being employed brake upgrade with someone of importance from Audi; oh yes, and respect to him for spending the time (twice) with me to do so!

And I didn't get an answer for the change in brake design and/or application…

2. # ADS
    ADS

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    Ooh nice wave form rotors, that will be the next bling upgrade people go for then! Shame they are still using the heavy metal hubs rather than a decent ceramic set up.

I can imagine the man from Audis surprise when you told him it cost you £5 for some shims and a blob of grease and took about an hour to resolve the squeal.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MBK View Post
    Ooh nice wave form rotors, that will be the next bling upgrade people go for then! Shame they are still using the heavy metal hubs rather than a decent ceramic set up.

I can imagine the man from Audis surprise when you told him it cost you £5 for some shims and a blob of grease and took about an hour to resolve the squeal.
    Whoa!!! £4.99 with FREE postage Mark!

However, his response was "but it doesn't last" (So he does know!)

But then I told him it did, and could demonstrate as much... (Interest!)

And then we discussed the failures of the upgrade... (Even more interest)

And now I've to communicate.

I was impressed with the man, his understanding of the issues, and his interest in resolutions...
    NHN likes this.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I didn't even notice the brakes on the stand, damn lol, I did however notice the new paddles on the RSQ3 steering wheel, lol.

Also noticed the rather pathetic looking single oval exhaust pipe, really didn't look good tbh, even a couple of smaller round ones on one side would of looked better lol.

I spent more time on the amg stand than Audi tbh, those amg seats were nothing short of lovely & Mark, the E45 was looking good, except for the boot size, bordered on A1 dimensions

Only thing I don't like on the new Merc's, is the TomTom looking stuck on lcd sceen, it looks so out of place in an AMG, really did look cheap, the very well versed Merc guy, who was a pleasure to talk with, actually had a long chat with me, amazing how that seems, to me lol, about how my opinion of they seem to be changing direction a bit with appealing to many sectors, not just, lets be honest a rather snobby driver at times, but more a younger more active crowd, as it certainly felt like the cabin was more geared towards younger generations these days & it wasn't so refined as Merc's usually are, but this wasn't a negative thing tbh, infact it was very positive as I can see how the attraction to a younger generation would be, he agreed on all fronts without even a whiff of an order form

I did grab some pics, need to upload at some point, maybe we could create a goodwood thread.
    45bvtc likes this.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK