• 3 Post By Morells
  • 1 Post By dbm
  • 2 Post By 45bvtc
  • 1 Post By monkeyboy_marcus
  • 1 Post By JonnyG
  • 1 Post By JonnyG
  • 1 Post By Ghost
  • 1 Post By Mr_Freeze

Thread: Considering this RS3 any thoughts/advice ?

Bazinga

Status

Considering this RS3 any thoughts/advice ?

Hi all, I'm considering part ex-ing my S3 for an RS3 and have seen this advertised, just want a few opinions please.

For Sale » Lawton Brook
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Only one thought: DO IT! Why wait? What's money for? Enjoy it! This life you have is NOT a practice session! DO IT!
    Kelza and CHEZ like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    What John said ^
    45bvtc likes this.

One of 750 RS3, Ibis White, Buckets, Privacy glass, Black styling, Cruise control, Bose, Scorpion Cat Back Non-Resonated exhaust system.

2nd Gear

Status
    What about this one? Classifieds: Rs3 2011 ÂŁ33000
    Kelza, Brodster and 45bvtc like this.
    New Car
    Audi S3 Sprint Blue Oscarli Stage 2+
    Old Cars

Audi TTRS 2010 Phantom Black Oscarli Stage 1
    Audi S3 2009 Facelift Ibis White (Recaro Buckets)
    Audi S3 2009 Pre-Facelift Solar Orange Oscarli Stage 2
    Audi A1 185 2011 White

Bazinga

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Morells View Post
    What about this one? Classifieds: Rs3 2011 ÂŁ33000
    Thanks but I'd like to part ex mine rather than go through the hassle of selling privately.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

1st Gear

Status
    You can't go wrong with an RS3, it's an epic car, but I'm not keen on black especiallymwithnthose wheels.

i think it would be a pain to shift on in the future also.

just my opinion of course ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Veneeringman View Post
    Thanks but I'd like to part ex mine rather than go through the hassle of selling privately.
    Go for the black one it's got a better spec plus nearly half the miles....

2nd Gear

Status
    Having seen a lot of Rs3's up close (recent meet) i would have to say the best looking car in my opinion is the Daytona with the aluminium pack giving it just the right amount of highlights.
    Mines white and i love the colour, but i think it needs the black accents just to give it that extra.

Black for me doesn't do it as the detail of the car is lost. Having said that, if it were to have red accents on the grill, handles, spoiler, diffuser etc, it would compliment the wheels and look awesme.

And thats my 2 cents.............

One of 750 RS3, Ibis White, Buckets, Privacy glass, Black styling, Cruise control, Bose, Scorpion Cat Back Non-Resonated exhaust system.

dbm
    3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    You can't go wrong with an RS3, it's an epic car, but I'm not keen on black especiallymwithnthose wheels.

i think it would be a pain to shift on in the future also.

just my opinion of course ;-)
    I wouldn't let the alloys put you off. You can buy a new set of wheels quite cheaply if need be.
    45bvtc likes this.
    RS3 | TTS | A3 3.2Q | S3(8L)

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    I like the marmite wheels....! But only on a red car, with black optics! the accents should match the car colour or it looks wrong.. But then a lot would say the wheels look wrong anyway.. I would say, though, if you like it - get it, sod everyone else!
    Red is the colour..

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm View Post
    I wouldn't let the alloys put you off. You can buy a new set of wheels quite cheaply if need be.
    DO NOT let the wheels put you off! Agreeing with dbm, if you don't like the wheels then here's an option:

JP Alloys in Cannock can refurbish an Audi RS3 19-inch wheel to base specification for ÂŁ70 plus the dreaded VAT - check on-line for current prices.

JP Alloys price includes: the removal of the tyre, stripping off the original paint/lacquer, repaint to original colour, diamond cut, re-lacquer, tyre re-fit with new valve and balance.

I can vouch (from own experience: Audi A2, TT, and S3 wheels) for first class work from JP Alloys, and they now provide a collect and return service.
    klauster and quattro81 like this.

Bazinga

Status
    Thanks Chaps, I must admit that Black isn't my first choice, and same with the wheels (but the dealer has said something could be done with them) However these cars are thin on the ground i missed one at stockport Audi in Daytona Grey last week, it took only a couple of days to sell !!
    But this car does have Bucket seats which is a bonus and the dealer seems to sell a lot of high end cars, may go have a look tomorrow.

dbm
    3rd Gear

Status
    I phoned four dealers who had cars listed to sell before securing the one I ended up with; every one had been sold before I even had a chance to see the car. In fact I actually bought my car unseen, undriven

It was worth it.
    RS3 | TTS | A3 3.2Q | S3(8L)

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks Chaps, I must admit that Black isn't my first choice, and same with the wheels (but the dealer has said something could be done with them) However these cars are thin on the ground i missed one at stockport Audi in Daytona Grey last week, it took only a couple of days to sell !!
    But this car does have Bucket seats which is a bonus and the dealer seems to sell a lot of high end cars, may go have a look tomorrow.
    Mine is black with the alu pack and although I'd probably have preferred grey, the spec was the selling point for me and I like the black/alu effect. Not got buckets and for me that's fine with a toddler and new baby (soon) - I need to be reminded of what they're experiencing in the back, but I think that otherwise they're essential and may invest in the future. As has already been said, the wheels can easily be modified/changed. Go. Buy!
    klauster likes this.

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post
    DO NOT let the wheels put you off! Agreeing with dbm, if you don't like the wheels then here's an option:

JP Alloys in Cannock can refurbish an Audi RS3 19-inch wheel to base specification for ÂŁ70 plus the dreaded VAT - check on-line for current prices.

JP Alloys price includes: the removal of the tyre, stripping off the original paint/lacquer, repaint to original colour, diamond cut, re-lacquer, tyre re-fit with new valve and balance.

I can vouch (from own experience: Audi A2, TT, and S3 wheels) for first class work from JP Alloys, and they now provide a collect and return service.
    thats a good shout....
    Red is the colour..

1st Gear

Status
    An even better suggestion.... Find someone that would do a swap !
    RS4 Gone.... RS3 as the replacement

5th Gear

Status
    black wasn't my first choice, having had black cars twice before the RS3, I fancied a change, but these cars are low on the ground and the spec was as important to me as the colour, so sometimes you have to compromise.

I disagree with people above, black looks the dogs ballz but it really needs the aluminium pack for it to work... mine looks very aggressive and ace when clean, it just needs cleaning lots!
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

1st Gear

Status
    Looks a good spec, particularly with the bucket seats, not keen on the wheels myself and would look better IMHO with the standard titanium alloys like this one :

Last edited by JonnyG; 12th May 2013 at 11:12.
    45bvtc likes this.
    Audi RS3 in Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG View Post
    Looks a good spec, particularly with the bucket seats, not keen on the wheels myself and would look better IMHO with the standard titanium alloys like this one :

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Black_Audi_RS3_fr_2011.jpg/1024px-Black_Audi_RS3_fr_2011.jpg

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...S3_fr_2011.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT How do get photos to show these days !!!???
    Photobucket JonnyG... How's the brake squeal or lack of? Still quiet?

1st Gear

Status
    I have photobucket but the above are off a website ... most forums allow the second link format ?

Brakes are still squeal free thanks John ... now done 8000 miles too, so over 5000 with your fix and still working well !
    45bvtc likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG View Post

That's really nice; subtle power and all that, a proper Q-car...

Well done Jon, and yours with quiet braking too! Satisfying (for me) news

Status
    Hi guys where the mirror colours a factory option as i see alot of black ,few white ,red,mirror caps ,rather than the silver ...

1st Gear

Status
    Is it part of the optional "black" pack ?

Boo!

Status
    I agree about the wheels, post #18 standard looks better.

Imho the RS3 looks stunning in any colour but i don’t think the indoor lighting is doing that Black RS3 in the showroom any favors, the photos are very poor.

Ps: this is gorgeous

45bvtc likes this.

Bazinga

Status

Now sold

Hi all, I'm considering part ex-ing my S3 for an RS3 and have seen this advertised, just want a few opinions please.

For Sale ďż˝ Lawton Brook
    Decided to keep looking and the RS3 is now sold.

Neutral

Status
    Will probably be selling mine end of June My Sepang RS3 will have done about 5000 Miles and I'll be looking for ÂŁ35K/ÂŁ36K got a mate who might be able to help with the part ex as well but only at trade price any interest to you drop me a pm.

2nd Gear

Status
    Are you checking Autotrader, there are 19 listed, this is one of them, got a great spec including buckets.

Its in Keighley West Yorks, which isn't a million miles from Cheshire! (No its not mine nor do i know who it is) Just a nice car.

Last edited by Mr_Freeze; 14th May 2013 at 17:59.
    45bvtc likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    look like saggy buckets to me
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

Bazinga

Status
    Yes I've seen that one, few things i'm not keen on and not only to do with the car.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah I wouldn't waste your time going to the Keighley garage haha