Road tax £270 for the year yeah right £280

Kelza

Staff member
Reaction score
Went in to pay for a year rs3 road tax ,it does say £270 on the v11 ,no wrong its £280 good job i had a spare £10,with me :(

I,ve no idea how they can do that ,only got the v11,,2-3 weeks ago

Me too ,usually only do 6 months ,so thought id do the 12 for a change ;)

The rates must have changed for the new tax year as I saw £280 on the HMR tax website at the weekend. Beats the £490 I would have had to pay for the RS4!:sob:

Could be P_G, although mine says £600 aswell, so i do hope your right lol

Mine says £600 too it's the new car showroom tax included :)

We got a Cooper S which costs £220 for some measly 180bhp engine... makes the RS3 almost great value..

Went up in the budget which was after the v11 was sent out. Happens to me every year on my bike.

First time its happened to me tbh ,thought she was having a laugh lol

Went to tax mine last week. Gone up from £195 to £200
Daylight Robbery :scared2:

£135 FULLY Comp insurance and ZERO tax...

Reactions: Daytona3 and warren_S5
Can't believe you sold that..
Thanks, but 35-years of ownership during which time it covered a lot of miles (reliably) it was time to move on - and the car sold for 30 times what I paid for it so not a bad investment in FUN and/or £s.

Reactions: wickedstef and Kelza
This happens to me every year, mine read £270 but payed £280 for a 12 year old S3

so tbh £280 for an RS3 isn't much

Reactions: Mr_Freeze, Kelza and ron burgandy
Right this has happened again this year from the time I've got the letter (less than 2 weeks) it's gone up as soon as I go into post office wtf ! If it's says £154 for 6 months or £280 for 12 months surely that the price !

Went in to pay for a year rs3 road tax ,it does say £270 on the v11 ,no wrong its £280 good job i had a spare £10,with me :(
Happens almost every year - Chancellor increases the road tax in the Budget, but the DVLA use the old prices when sending out the V11.

Thanks Dave I,m told they print the letter 8 weeks before they send it lol

I'll pay £285 or whatever for 12-months as it's such a great car.

Go cheaper and you'll get cheaper.

Go more expensive and you'll not improve much on this/our Audi RS3.

5-seats: 4-wheel drive: limited number of: quick as well as fast: and generally blends in with any other Audi A3 Sportback in the car park.

£285 for the year, NO worries...

Reactions: T-800, DAYTONA 500, Kelza and 1 other person
I should explain that the V11 Renewal reminder to get a tax disc or make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) is printed up to 8 weeks in advance so that they can be issued on time. There is a note on the V11 stating that the information shown is correct at the time of printing.

New rates of duty came into force for some vehicles on the 01.04.14. Up until this date, any application to tax would have been charged the rate printed on the V11.

The new rates of duty will be payable after 23:59 on the 31.03.14. If you apply for a tax disc after this time you will automatically be charged the new rate of duty.

£0.78 per day (£5.46 per week) to tax my RS3... :think:

I pay £1.20 per day for my week day bl**dy paper, and £2.50 on a Sunday, that's £9.70 per week...:wacko:

Hmmm... So the RS3 is better value than a daily paper... :yahoo:

Reactions: Daytona3 and DAYTONA 500
I should explain that the V11 Renewal reminder to get a tax disc or make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) is printed up to 8 weeks in advance so that they can be issued on time.

WTF!!! Any commercial business that needs 8 weeks to get a letter printed and posted would go bust PDQ.

But we are talking about the "Swansea Joke Factory" here...

I'll pay £285 or whatever for 12-months as it's such a great car.

Go cheaper and you'll get cheaper.

Go more expensive and you'll not improve much on this/our Audi RS3.

5-seats: 4-wheel drive: limited number of: quick as well as fast: and generally blends in with any other Audi A3 Sportback in the car park.

£285 for the year, NO worries...

Look at it this way John…. Its something for you to spend the winter fuel allowance on!! :lmfao:

Reactions: 45bvtc and Kelza