RS3 Today RS5 Tomorrow well Monday

jdillanger

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just thought I let you know that my RS3 will soon be replaced with a new RS5.

Got a few days to try and move it on before I have to trade it.

So if anyone knows of someone looking for a Daytona Grey 2011-61 plate with 11,000 miles PM me.

As much as I think the RS3 is a great car, I wont miss the breaks sounding like a bus. Truth be told if I had the money I woud probably keep the RS3 also.

Whats the spec of the new motor?

I was looking at a Sepang blue with silver (white) leather.... stunning!

What's the spec of your 3 and how much are you looking for price wise? May know someone interested.

RS3 options listed below:
Daytona grey
Aluminium Pack
Bose
Window Tints
Aluminium Race Inlays
Would be looking for £34500.

RS5:

Sepang Blue
Black seats with Grey stitching
Dab Radio
Heated seats
Privacy Glass
Aluminium Inlays
20" Alloys
Dynamic Ride control
Dynamic Steering
Sports Diff
Sports Exhaust
Bang & olufsen Sound System
Memory seats
elec folding mirrors
acoustic front screen

Think that pretty much it

Reactions: Macdaddy
I'd be interested to hear your views on the comparison between owning and driving the RS3 and the GTR. There are a lot of good and sometimes expensive stories about GTR ownership and it would be good to know your perspective having owned both.

If there don't do a deal with jdillanger and still looking in about 8 weeks I may be looking at parting with mine end of June.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/rs3-forum/170434-my-sepang-rs3.html#post1694740

They will take it back, but just now at a price I am really happy with. I know If I had a little more time I could sell it myself. Just the RS5 kinda crept up on me. Was originaly ment to arrive july time, then arounf 15th of next month. But got a call yesterday saying it was here.

rs004.jpg

That is the best looking RS3 I've seen - very jealous!

Reactions: MBK and Real Thing
I'd be interested to hear your views on the comparison between owning and driving the RS3 and the GTR. There are a lot of good and sometimes expensive stories about GTR ownership and it would be good to know your perspective having owned both.

As I change Cars about every 4-6 Months it's difficult to comment on service/running cost but as an everyday Car I would find it impossible to live with the GT-R (That's why I have the RS3 As well) The hard ride makes the RS3 seems as if your floating on air and there not suppose to be a comfortable ride, The noises inside really bring it home to you that you are in a road legal race car Performance wise they are in a completely different class to something like the RS3 not just straight line 0-60 but also the way they grip the Road and go round bends is just so unbelievable for such a big Car. I was quite surprised re insurance on the one I've got at the moment as I changed the policy over from the Edition 30 I ended up with a refund, MPG I hardly ever see anything in the 20s (apart from when I've been running them in) as most of the time I'm taking mates out and you can't help but show off.
Just sold my present one (goes next week) and picking another TT-RS Plus up in May thats why I'm considering selling the RS3.

They will take it back, but just now at a price I am really happy with. I know If I had a little more time I could sell it myself. Just the RS5 kinda crept up on me. Was originaly ment to arrive july time, then arounf 15th of next month. But got a call yesterday saying it was here.

Out of interest plus trying to gauge value of my Car what sort of price are they giving for you Car (PM may if you prefer or tell me to mind my own business)

Last edited:
I wanted a Sepang car, but by the time I phoned it had already been sold.

Happy with mine now but would have loved that colour.

Thanks for the GTR info, that makes a lot of sense and is similar to what other owners have told me too. And I thought I changed my car quite often, great to see someone enjoying all those cars, I know would if I could!!

I'm quite torn when it comes to the GTR, I agree it would have to be a weekend car and I'd need a daily driver with it, no problem with that I've done it before when I had the likes of the Megane R26.R around. Then it comes down to a choice between a GTR and daily driver or keep the RS3 (which I have to say I'm enjoying greatly) and put another track toy in the garage Atom/Caterfield/Exige. It's about the same money either way. If I go with the track toy I think I'd still have the GTR itch - I resisted Evo's for years but still ended up with one in the end. One thing is for sure the GTR is a factor in every car choice I make now and I think it will be until I finally buy one.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Complements like that make me wonder why I'm even considering sell it Thanks

I have to agree the various blue RS3s look best to me, if I was ordering a new one it would be blue with the matt alu pack, the RS4 also looks best in this colour imo. Still love my very red car though all the same!

Reactions: 45bvtc
I wanted a Sepang car, but by the time I phoned it had already been sold.

Happy with mine now but would have loved that colour.

Wasn't my first choice to be honest but it was the only Car I could find with Electric Seats so as they didn't upcharge for the colour I decided to have it and really pleased I did.