Anyone gets this at 4th gear?

wickedstef

Reaction score
Guys,

I am not sure this is an issue or not. When going from 3rd to 4th or 5th to 4th in manual (I can't seem to feel it in D or S), I feel a slight "disconnect"/delay associated with some movement that I can't quite describe. I cannot call it a judder as this is much more subtle.

Is anyone getting the same? Does anyone know what it may be? Am I changing gear too early?

Cheers

Stephane

Sounds like a bit of 'computer says no' to me, whatever you are asking for the S-tronic software doesn't like. I think I know the sort of thing you mean, at least as far as the downshift is concerned, changing down on track in manual sometimes the box doesn't react as quickly as you think it will - which is odd because left to it's own devices in S it will select that same low gear quite happily - some form of manual safety measure I suspect.

Not noticed this at all, What kind of revs you changing at?

I'll be changing between slightly under 2krpm and 2.5krpm, like the D mode would. This is mostly felt at low speed from 0 to 30mph

It's not the delay between shifting and the actual gearing, but more like a mechanical wobble, literally. It will shift but you have the wobble and impression that it's hesitating like a slight stutter.

Sorry guys very difficult to explain, but easily reproduced.