rs3 takes 2 seconds to get into reverse ???? caused me whiplash wtf!

kilojade

Reaction score
anyone got this with there rs3? when you put it into reverse it takes like 2secs to jump in. nearly smashed through a wall the other day because of this! after driving my mates rs4 for a couple of days i totally forgot about the delay on reverse on my car. got in put it into reverse put rev's on and boom it rev'ed up then hit reverse my *** fell out lol. whiplash no joke!. my neck is killing me but not the type to put a complaint in as long as its gets better :(

tell you summit iam really getting p*ssed off with the constant problems iam getting with this car. they still not fixed the exhaust rattle after they said they changed the complete back box ect. asking me to take it back in for another road test then book it in at a later date its a joke! having the time to keep going into audi when i work from 8-6 its a pain...and now the breaks are starting to do my head in arrrr!!!

Its normal... Or at least mine does it and other cars ive driven with DSG seem to do the same.

Mates M3 takes even longer than the RS3 !

Kilojade.......

Whiplash..that's a claim,you could get good money for that.

It's your Mechtronics unit on the gearbox!!!! My Edition 30 Golf GTI did this, it's a faulty unit...get it back to the dealers, there should be a delay.

As for the back box, I guess they will be reluctant to change this as they are £940 a pop!!!! :sob:

Not sure how you're getting this ... are you waiting for the natural creep with no gas first ? .... or are you pressing the accelerator before the clutch has fully engaged. I've learnt over the last 3 years with VW DSG boxes that you need a patience in reverse :banghead: If the car lurches in 1st and reverse whatever you do (making parallel parking very difficult) then you may have a faulty mechatronic unit as Moschops says. I had this on my R32 box - there is a sticking solenoid that makes the car lurch.

Well how long do you think it should take? There were recalls in the USA with the gearbox, but this would be the earlier model as it was back in August 2009, but it depends if the designs were improved much?

Well how long do you think it should take? There were recalls in the USA with the gearbox, but this would be the earlier model as it was back in August 2009, but it depends if the designs were improved much?

How long should what take?

There is no recall for the Mechatronic's unit or the DSG box, it's only if they develop a fault and it's taken into the dealers and they test to confirm it's duff/failed/kackered.....:footy:.

Mine failed on my Golf and it took two weeks to be replaced. Others haven't been so lucky...:eiertritt:

VW and Audi Uk have never offered a recall or an extended warranty as per the USA and now China? The USA have extended the warranty to 10 years or 100,000 miles IIRC.

Not sure how you're getting this ... are you waiting for the natural creep with no gas first ? .... or are you pressing the accelerator before the clutch has fully engaged. I've learnt over the last 3 years with VW DSG boxes that you need a patience in reverse :banghead: If the car lurches in 1st and reverse whatever you do (making parallel parking very difficult) then you may have a faulty mechatronic unit as Moschops says. I had this on my R32 box - there is a sticking solenoid that makes the car lurch.

This tbh,

I keep my foot on the brake for a second or so after reverse is selected and then accelerate slowly, If you slap it into reverse then hit the accelerator straight away it massively jolts/lurches.

Just try do it all a bit slower/smoother before you create a problem that maybe isnt there.

I would get Audi to do a calibration of the box & then test drive again, sometimes this can help it, allot.

thanks for replys guys.

claim wise to be honest that would be a big process and i would feel bad doing that after owning audi's all my life with hardly any other probs with previous cars :) so very nice idea but its not me buddy lol. i may still tell them about it though make them sort my problems or replacement process out quicker :)

this reverse problem is so annoying! my mates rs4 doesn't do it, the crappy standard a3 auto i got while mine was in getting exhaust done didn't do it, my mums tts doesn't do it neither any other audi's i have had lol so defo summit iam not happy about and not willing to take it on the chin and live with it lol. its scary sometimes as i also drive my wife's q7 and when getting back into the rs3 i forget about the delay.

will get it booked in yet again :( and exhaust replaced yet again :( they either lied and said they replaced the exhaust but didn't or they did but replaced with another faulty 1, wft my head is burnt. if you guys heard what it sounded like you will not even bother driving it! it sounds horrid! have to drive around with sport button pressed just so it doesn't sound like an old banger. prob using more fuel!

i may put a complaint in with audi uk, or even ask a replacement or refund just not got the time to keep taking it in nearly every couple of weeks! :banghead:

ps: when i have to do a turn in a busy road every day when i finish work that reverse delay is a major problem as iam rushing trying not to hold traffic up ect. :)