Electrical Niggles

PigPen

Reaction score
Nothing serious but noticed yesterday the doors didn't auto lock and also noticed the passenger wiper blade was in the on position even though they were switched off (slightly higher than when switched off). Could cold weather be to blame for these? Anyone else had these kind of niggles all OK today?

What do you mean by auto-lock? While driving or when unlocking from the key and not entering the vehicle within a few moments?

No, when the car hits a certain speed going forward the car locks all the doors automatically. When I arrive at my daughters school I have to put the car in park and press the door unlock button so she can get her bags out of the boot but I didn't have to as they hadn't locked during the journey. That was after I had noticed the passenger wiper blade sitting higher than it normally does when in the off position.

Did you have a battery power loss or a disconnection? Have you checked your current settings?

No I haven't but it did cross my mind that perhaps there was a battery / power issue. Which settings are you referring to?

From the on-board computer you should be able to check your wipers and (I believe) autolock settings.

When you say check though what do you mean? Since that day they have all been working fine it's something I noticed the one day and wondered if perhaps the battery was running low?

No just a one off was worried if it meant something bigger i.e. someone had spotted a similar problem that grew into something else! Thanks