EM TuningAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Wakey wakey fakey!

MBK
    5th Gear

Status

Wakey wakey fakey!

I thought I saw my first other RS3 this morning! I was, how shall I say it, getting a shuffle on, on the way to an event when I rounded a corner to see a familiar, albeit black, rear hatch, pimp tints and resplendent RS3 badge looking at me.

I held a respectable distance as the road twisted and turned. The road opened up and I waited for the other 'RS3' to take the available gap past the dawdling early morning traffic. Hmm strange, didn't take the gap. I was on a mission so at the next chance the time would come for a full throttle fly past and a friendly wave goodbye.

The gap arrived and I engaged the warp drive. Something wasn't right. Black aftermarket alloys? Plenty of time for the pass so I slowed down a bit. No flared arches? Tiny, shiny silver calipers? Ah it's a fakey, time to complete the full throttle pass. Despite plenty of overtaking room they didn't follow.

Do you think there will be a spotted thread?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rs3kel View Post
    cheers for posting, replied to the thread......
    With great power comes great responsibility.......

Status

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    ForBuckssake..........
    Kelza, 45bvtc, a6-chris and 1 others like this.

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rs3kel View Post

What a pigs ear....can't polish a turd!!!

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    and it's a diesel ha ha ha ha ha ha...... looks and sounds more like a hackney cab

now this is better, have an RS and mod it with a gun ha ha ha ha............
    Last edited by robbiemac; 8th March 2013 at 10:49. Reason: got banned of the RS3 replica topic in the A3 section.......!

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Moschops View Post
    What a pigs ear....can't polish a turd!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Robbie,

Is it about now that i should point you to your own Signature.................

Just remember we are the few, lucky enough to have one and many more would love to have one.

Don't mock them as they try to imitate, we were all there once.

Again read your signature.........................................Peace man!!

One of 750 RS3, Ibis White, Buckets, Privacy glass, Black styling, Cruise control, Bose, Scorpion Cat Bypass pipes.

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    fair enough, having a laugh...... and a Diesel RS3 is worth laughing at.......
    and I've never 'been there'...... would rather walk and did, got my car because I earned it fair n square.......
    christ, It's a sad day when you can't take the mick. Sign of the times, PC brigade alive and well

let's get modding....

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    I have to say robbie I thought your ribbing them was quite funny. I'm not sure why they got quite so defensive and personal but it's best left alone now for sure. I personally think you do have expect some stick if you make a replica, we-d laugh if it was an e-bay advert. Some healthy banter makes the world go around. I get plenty of stick from a couple of mates with deeper pockets and higher order performance cars, they call my car the 'Aldi RS3' I just laugh it off and give plenty back when the moment allows.

You might think this an over reaction but I am getting that RS4 gun mod in case I see this fakey again! ( for the hard of humour this is of course - well probably - a joke!?!)

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    ha ha ha.... at last... someone with a sense of humour, can't believe I got locked out of the thread.....
    as you said if it was an eBay advert or a Lamborghini build with a rover engine it would get pi55ed on, cheers for having a laugh and have a great weekend.....

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm the biggest P*ss taker out there, and yes i did find it funny.

What tickled me more was you and your Signature, Definition of Irony or what

What you have to remember is your object of ridicule is someone else's Hard earned pride and joy!

I'm sure the Porche 911 owners club must p*ss themselves at us poor RS3 owners. I would laugh it off same as you. others might not.

Everything is relative, its depends on where your standing!!

A Diesel RS3 is comical, but sometimes you can't say it...............................oh cr*p i just did
    robbiemac likes this.

One of 750 RS3, Ibis White, Buckets, Privacy glass, Black styling, Cruise control, Bose, Scorpion Cat Bypass pipes.

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Freeze View Post
    A Diesel RS3 is comical, but sometimes you can't say it...............................oh cr*p i just did
    I think you're on to something there, Audi could make a Diesel RS range and call it the DS3. Then again I'm sure I've seen that badge somewhere before???

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MBK View Post
    I think you're on to something there, Audi could make a Diesel RS range and call it the DS3. Then again I'm sure I've seen that badge somewhere before???
    DS3...... ha ha ha ha...... Citroen, how on earth did we get there...... Christ we are in trouble

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    I'm sure the Porche 911 owners club must p*ss themselves at us poor RS3 owners. I would laugh it off same as you.

Diesel Porche as if...... oh sh;t there is

Careful, you might be incurr the wrath of the replica RS3 owners club... RRS3, kinda got a ring to it

2nd Gear

Status

Wakey wakey fakey!

You lot do make me laugh.

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiemac View Post
    Careful, you might be incurr the wrath of the replica RS3 owners club... RRS3, kinda got a ring to it
    Hey I think you're on to something there, the curse of the RR badge, last known owner a Mr Honda and even with it his £40K Civic RR it was still slower than a (list £27k) real world £18K R26.R. (Oh and just to be clear I love Honda's but even they have made the odd mistake.)

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MBK View Post
    Hey I think you're on to something there, the curse of the RR badge, last known owner a Mr Honda and even with it his £40K Civic RR it was still slower than a (list £27k) real world £18K R26.R. (Oh and just to be clear I love Honda's but even they have made the odd mistake.)
    right, let's get this straight. You're a good guy, funny, RS3 owner etc. but....... do not take us down the
    Japanese route or else

1st Gear

Status
    and it's a diesel ha ha ha ha ha ha...... looks and sounds more like a hackney cab

now this is better, have an RS and mod it with a gun ha ha ha ha............
    that gun would of come in handy today ,its been like retard city out there on the roads
    Coming soon the new Audi RS3.... see it attached to your rear bumper on the Motorway no matter how fast you go!

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    right, let's get this straight. You're a good guy, funny, RS3 owner etc. but....... do not take us down the
    Japanese route or else
    Stop it or I'll get a mod to close the thread (Did you take your ball home as a child!?)

Still to this day my favourite Japanese moment:

I don't get what you see in these German cars...

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Freeze View Post

I'm sure the Porche 911 owners club must p*ss themselves at us poor RS3 owners.
    You say this... And yet my first scalp in my rs3 was a Porsche 911 gts.. We had three fair roll ons and one from standing and he lost consistently all three times, despite his better power to weight and considerably "deeper pockets".. I laugh back at the Porsche 911 owners club
    Red is the colour..

4th Gear

Status
    cheers for posting, replied to the thread......
    same...
    robbiemac likes this.
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro81 View Post
    You say this... And yet my first scalp in my rs3 was a Porsche 911 gts.. We had three fair roll ons and one from standing and he lost consistently all three times, despite his better power to weight and considerably "deeper pockets".. I laugh back at the Porsche 911 owners club
    I was going to say... I aint scared of them!
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    Some of the latest research on the impact of buying & wearing fake goods is worth a look. When you wear fake stuff you are 70% more likely to lie and cheat about other things, it seems that if you wear fake you feel fake you act fake. I'd imagine the same would apply to driving fake. This is why some parts of the world crack down on fake goods so much it just leads us on to the slippery slope to more dishonesty.

Status

Gents please no more posts on that thread or I will take my ball back.

Fair enough take the mick out of fake RS3's in here but you cannot go out of your way to insult other members as what was happening.

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    this picture is not a fake, it's the real thing...... taking this down is an insult to the engineers that took year's to perfect it
    'locomotive-diesel-RS3' you couldn't make it up.....

and it would give the RRS3 a run for it's money on 0-60 times ha ha ha ha ha.......
    Last edited by robbiemac; 9th March 2013 at 08:59. Reason: because they keep coming to me........

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    this picture is not a fake, it's the real thing...... taking this down is an insult to the engineers that took year's to perfect it
    'locomotive-diesel-RS3' you couldn't make it up.....

and it would give the RRS3 a run for it's money on 0-60 times ha ha ha ha ha.......
    Phwoar! Look at the torque on that. Just needs some DRL's and Rotors now and it'll fool anyone.

1st Gear

Status
    To be fair ... this is the "fake" RS3 in the thread posted above I believe :-

Audi RS3 in Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    normally I'd jump in, be a smart @rse and leave..... but for change why don't you shoot the bullets Jonny as it must get a little tedious loading the gun all the time wa wa wa waaaaaa.........

4th Gear

Status

Re: Wakey wakey fakey!

Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Gents please no more posts on that thread or I will take my ball back.

Fair enough take the mick out of fake RS3's in here but you cannot go out of your way to insult other members as what was happening.
    Why was my post removed from the other thread? It wasn't insulting and simply made a point that these replicas need the parts from somewhere and that real RS3 owners are at risk of having theirs pinched to allow these oil burners to be dressed up!

I think its a valid point and one that should be allowed to be expressed without moderation, anything else is hiding the issue, not something I thought ASN would do!
    Vito likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RYes3 View Post
    Why was my post removed from the other thread? It wasn't insulting and simply made a point that these replicas need the parts from somewhere and that real RS3 owners are at risk of having theirs pinched to allow these oil burners to be dressed up!

I think its a valid point and one that should be allowed to be expressed without moderation, anything else is hiding the issue, not something I thought ASN would do!

I was just thinking the same thing as you RYes3..............Daytona Grey RS3 ??? Stolen buckets seats ???..........................uummmhhhh !!!

Is there somefin in my teef?

Status

Wakey wakey fakey!

Really guys, no one cares.
    It's a effin badge ffs.

Chill out and enjoy you car instead of teddy chucking. X

Status
    Why was my post removed from the other thread?
    (9) Threads (topics) and/or posts may be locked, moved or removed by Administrators/Moderators if they are deemed to be incorrectly submitted (in the incorrect location), closely duplicating a recent or ongoing thread, or unsuitable. Please do not be offended, and be aware that threads submitted correctly in the first instance are likely to receive a greater number of more useful replies.

I think your post was unsuitable.

4th Gear

Status

Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    (9) Threads (topics) and/or posts may be locked, moved or removed by Administrators/Moderators if they are deemed to be incorrectly submitted (in the incorrect location), closely duplicating a recent or ongoing thread, or unsuitable. Please do not be offended, and be aware that threads submitted correctly in the first instance are likely to receive a greater number of more useful replies.

I think your post was unsuitable.
    That doesn't answer my question? What about my post was unsuitable?

4th Gear

Status
    i see nothing wrong with replicas.
    be it an ugly eastern european legoland
    spec using fibre glass, patched or oem parts.
    no one moans this much 'bout replica S3's on
    oil burners, 1.6 and lower specd A3
    so whats the problem.
    moreover, i think we should have a spotted
    replica section with pictures..
    its just gonna be more fun.

4th Gear

Status

That doesn't answer my question? What about my post was unsuitable?
    Seems OK to ***** about other peoples cars here What is the worst mod you have ever seen

So basically you have to be doing it behind someone's back for it to be acceptable....

Anyhow, I'm over it

P_G
    2nd Gear

Status
    Ah but it's not your forum so you have no say on what is or isn't allowed and them is the rulz....
    RYes3 likes this.

'S' Button engaged....

Status
    'MADE IN GERMANY' stamp on the spacers...... details, details......some things you can't fake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast