RS3 Wing Mirrors.

Mr_Freeze

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My new Girl "Lightining" is Ibis white with Black option pack. Also the previous owner had black wraps put on the wing mirror's.

I have to say the wraps are not the best and have come away a little in a couple of places.

I think i'm going to remove the wraps back to silver then i have 3 x options.

1. I leave them silver
2. I buy a couple of plastic covers and colour them Black, then replace the silver ones and sell them on.
3. I buy a couple of plastic covers and colour them white, then replace the silver ones and sell them on.

My gut feeling is they will look better as body cloured white to match the car with Black accents at the bottom.

Whats the general feeling on the look i should go for?

Also does anyone have a set of Black or white, that they may want to swap with Silvers?

Can anyone advise if you can buy new ones from Audi coloured to your choice or do i have to get them done else where?

Opinions invited and welcomed.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I've come to the conclusion that the stock wing mirrors for the RS3 are a little to big and would be interested iin alternatives...
mine are currently stock brushed chrome/silver and I'm due to get them painted 'piano black gloss' around April......
along with swapping out all chrome badges, Audi rings etc...... for piano black gloss finishes, the wetter looking the better
ebay is usually a good starting point, check out 'underground parts' on eBay.....

Get them painted body-colour ...

And then take off the badges (front and rear)...

It then becomes a "what the F##K was that car."

Last edited:
Reactions: KKM and quattro81
Remove & fit plastic in body colour or gloss black, certainly not the stock matt alum effect.

I have a set of these covers in gloss black aswell iirc, for sale.

Hi nigel get some pictures up ,for the rs3 lads ;)

You wouldnt want to see the state of my car atm with mirrors on lol, its a mess.

Black ones gone, got another set which would need painting, but considering audi want £133 a side, fair price for £85 delivered for the pair.

I can get them painted for you at extra cost.

I replied to your PM fella, but they were already sold I'm afraid.

I can try & source some more if you like.

Obviously you're joking??

I only have a set of new 2012 alum covers to sell atm & no, they're not stolen!!

It does, but putting an unsure emoticon, does question the joke fella :)

What's the damage for the alu ones? I am assuming they fit the RS3 having not seen them and have the perspex indicator sections?

From audi £271 each, so £542 in total, I would sell mine as in both sides for same price as single if anyones interested & yes fits all 8P's from 2012 onwards, also other chassis.

You swap indicators over, easily done.

Would you consider lending them for a fee? I only ask as they would be ideal to make moulds on to then fabricate cf variants from with no damage to your parts. I'd think about buying them as a last resort. Discount for you if you wanted cf versions for yourself?

Yeah £271 :)

Sorry but I'm not risking lending these, when I want to sell new to someone & then have arguments with you over scratches, damage whatever, not worth the hassle sorry.

Carbon mirror covers wouldnt touch any car I own now or later, putting on an RS3 for me would be blasphemy IMHO.

Yeah £271 :)

Sorry but I'm not risking lending these, when I want to sell new to someone & then have arguments with you over scratches, damage whatever, not worth the hassle sorry.

Carbon mirror covers wouldnt touch any car I own now or later, putting on an RS3 for me would be blasphemy IMHO.
I reckon get the carbon ones and paint them body colour...........:undwech:

Yeah £271 :)Sorry but I'm not risking lending these, when I want to sell new to someone & then have arguments with you over scratches, damage whatever, not worth the hassle sorry.Carbon mirror covers wouldnt touch any car I own now or later, putting on an RS3 for me would be blasphemy IMHO.
Hey, sorry I'm new to this forums business . I know it's been quiet a while since this thread was started but was wondering if you still had the RS3 wing mirrors

I do have a set of the mirror covers yes.

I do have a set of the mirror covers yes.
Here's the thing, I'm hopefully going to purchase a RS3 this weekend (subject to liking the car) but he hasnt got the Alu side mirrors. If I do purchase the veichle, I think I might be coming to pay you a visit =D . P.S already own a Audi RS3 so this is going to be my second one =p

Here's the thing, I'm hopefully going to purchase a RS3 this weekend (subject to liking the car) but he hasnt got the Alu side mirrors. If I do purchase the veichle, I think I might be coming to pay you a visit =D . P.S already own a Audi RS3 so this is going to be my second one =p
Hi WB1, all RS3's come as standard with the Alu ones. How come this one doesn't, have they been changed?If it does have plastic ones and you change back to Alu, I would be interested in the plastic one's.Never did get round to swapping them out!

Reactions: 8PARSY
Hi Mr Freeze, if the car is good and i do go ahead and buy it , I will most definitely offer them to you 1st. I did ask him if he had swapped them over himself and if I could have the alu ones if he did but apparently he had purchased the car the way it is (funny that as the 1st owner of the veichle was Audi them self, so don't kno how that works). But will have to see how it goes.

Reactions: Mr_Freeze

WB1, whatever you do with the mirror cappin's you ARE gonna love the car!

I'd have it without the side-mirrors, you'll only need those when reversing anyway!

Reactions: NHN
Hey, sorry for the late replies people. Jus thought I'd give everyone a heads up, was meant to go up to Scotland to buy RS3 in sepang blue but unfortunately someone has beaten me to it. Guess I'm going to have to stick with my red one until another one surfaces then maybe give it another try :( .

Reactions: Mr_Freeze