OWNER SATISFACTION, YES!

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Now this maybe premature I know, but I think - brake squeal aside and we seem to now know where we're going (and mine only did it for one-week and hasn't since, for nearly 12-months now) - that we need to post/list those who are gob-smacking HAPPY! with their Audi RS3 (we're not talking about Audi UK here, or Audi agents in particular, or general even, just the B#OODY car!).

NO moans. NO complaints. JUST the HAPPY guys/cars...

I'll go first (or second, whatever) but I'm totally besotted with mine...

There ain't nothing out there I'd change my RS3 for; period!

MINE's a KEEPER!

:) Brake squeal and Audi personel aside .......I agree, it is the best car I have owned by far ( Stage 2+ S3's and S5 included), given the ideal world I would change 2 things though. Addition of electric glass slide and tilt s/r and all put in a 3 door package rather than 5 however I admit there are times when 5 doors are better than 3. I think I could well hang on to it for longer than I do most cars as well.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Whoop whoop put me at the top of the list

TBH the RS3 is the 3rd best car I have owned, only just pipped by my B6 S4 and the daddy, my B7 RS4. That said both were modified and with a few tweaks the 3 will surpass the S4 but I just don't think viscerally and dynamically it will ever be as good as the RS4. But then I don't miss the fuel costs of the 4 or the maintenance and the cost of tuning the 3 will be a lot less, third bit of which (after pipercross filter and 2nd cat bypass) is being fited tomorrow.

My first one was plagued with faults

Second one is as sound as a pound, very happy with it

Was doing 5 sec 60s on the snow with snow tyres :D not many cars would do that

Compared to my TT, I am 100% satisfied with my RS3. Nearly had her for a year, been 11 months as of Feb 1st and no major complaints with the car. Felt slightly let down when you compare a standard spec car (un-modified) to the one that appeared in the Canadian Snow Field Press Launch which the exhaust was quite clearly non-standard. So because of that anyone who wants a more throaty sounding car has to fit the Milltek Exhaust of around £1,000.
It is like demonstrating a 3d and Audi going, I'm sorry, but you can only buy a 5d... But you why entice customers with a product which you know they cannot purchase... It's like compute games on TV, with the disclaimer saying "not actual game footage". So why show it then as it is misleading information. We wanted to know what it is like NOT want it won't be like....***!

I have to agree - I hadn't seen this post before I wrote my 'why do we bother' post but it's the same sentiment. One year on and I'm thinking hold on the RS3 is an outstanding car, I have nothing to fault (and Cardiff Audi dealer service has been outstanding too).

I really struggle to know what I'd replace the RS3 with. I'd like the next RS3 to add adjustable dampers and an head up display but that's about it.

Reactions: 45bvtc and robbiemac
I have to agree - I hadn't seen this post before I wrote my 'why do we bother' post but it's the same sentiment. One year on and I'm thinking hold on the RS3 is an outstanding car, I have nothing to fault (and Cardiff Audi dealer service has been outstanding too).

I really struggle to know what I'd replace the RS3 with. I'd like the next RS3 to add adjustable dampers and an head up display........... You forgot to mention the machine guns and ejector seat:laugh:

Reactions: Vito and 45bvtc
You forgot to mention the machine guns and ejector seat:laugh:

Tee hee we did chuckle at his.

The Mrs isn't too keen on an ejector seat - for much the same reasons she's not keen on me buying an R8 - she seems to think they have similar possible outcomes!

Reactions: robbiemac
Only been 6 months and I work away 4 on 4 off. So that's only really 3 months of use. I cannot find excuse enough to drive it around. To be honest, I don't see that changing anytime soon. I can safely say I am completely satisfied :D

Only been 6 months and I work away 4 on 4 off. So that's only really 3 months of use. I cannot find excuse enough to drive it around. To be honest, I don't see that changing anytime soon. I can safely say I am completely satisfied :D

Excuse lol. Me too .drive 22 mile round trip to fill up (half tank..no excess weight) with V.Power.

Yes it's a great car..will be my last...confirmed by MBK he knows.

Reactions: quattro81
Simply outstanding car! Audi dealers are terrible but no way near bad enough for me to give up the car!! I too have no idea what I would replace it with other than an R8!

Great car alhough mine only has 700 miles on it since end of july. i dont think ill change mine ill keep this car and buy something additional in a few years time.

For me it is a modern day equivalent of the 80 5 pot quattro and spiritually connected to the first GTI's (golf & pug).

A blended in neutral car for the school run and the shopping trip with the ability to reach up your trouser leg and have a fondle when you least expect it.

Reactions: Riot and RYes3
Great car alhough mine only has 700 miles on it since end of july. i dont think ill change mine ill keep this car and buy something additional in a few years time.

I would respectfully suggest this duo: the RS3 (with 7-speed DSG) and a TT Mk 2 ragtop with 6-speed DSG. The Mk2 TT with 6-speed DSG is AMAZINGLY similar to the RS3, truly!

OK, the BIG difference: the TT has never suffered brake squeal but then again my RS3 only suffered for a week or so (I'm not driving an RS3 with brake squeal for anyone, Sander/Westwood/Stephenson and all of Audi UK included) otherwise both compliment each other.

TTRS3 1

Reactions: Vito
I was thinking more along the lines of an R8 s tronic

Reactions: quattro81
INTERESTING, but that's a big car to chuck around the lanes - and it'll not fit my garage...

The garage problem was one of the reasons I didn't go for a GTR (the other being I didn't think I had enough self restraint for that much go on tap all the time!).

I'm not sure if an R8 would fit, still that's a nice problem to have.

Can I get in on this...

I have an S3 and the only word to describe it is awesome...

i love the thing, I've owned a fiesta ST which was my first warm hatch... After that I owned a corsa VXR which I fettled up to 277bhp but both of these cars were nothing compared to my S3.

i can't wait to start having a bit of a play with the s3 and get tuning to see what it really has to offer. :)

Can I get in on this...

I have an S3 and the only word to describe it is awesome...

i love the thing, I've owned a fiesta ST which was my first warm hatch... After that I owned a corsa VXR which I fettled up to 277bhp but both of these cars were nothing compared to my S3.

i can't wait to start having a bit of a play with the s3 and get tuning to see what it really has to offer. :)

I had an S3 too Nathen, BUT then I unwittingly drove an RS3...

For me, the brakes and engine experience on that first drive were NOT sufficient for me to want to sell my 'mint' S3 and/or raid my piggy bank, however, I did have to admit that the RS3 did have me shaking with pure excitement (and that from ONLY a car!).

S3RS3

But it was the drive home in my (286BHP remapped) S3 that did it for me: ALL that frantic left-leg and arm activity while trying to get it to do what that bl**dy RS3 had just done!

I remember having a similar experience back in the 70's: I thought my Triumph Spitfire was the bees-knees, and then I was subjected to a Marcos 3-litre ride - save, save, save, and bye-bye Triumph Spitfire....

Just go try an RS3 Nathen, but be prepared for some sacrifice - 'cos you WILL like it!

And forget the extra doors, they're behind YOU anyway.

I've had several Audi's in the past...... S4 Avant incredible motor 4.2 V8....... TT Coupe Tfsi Quattro great fun......... and now present day RS3 Suzuka Grey........ I test drove the S3 with every intention of buying it however the Audi salesman knows me pretty well as my company has bought four Audi's in last 18 months from him.

There were 7 number RS3 left to purchase in Germany, just being finished in production...... Without a test drive we did the deal and five weeks later I picked the car up and drove it for the first time........ Shocked is an understatement, couldn't believe the performance; still try to get my head round it now and I've 5000 miles under my belt.

The car is very rare and as a result good and bad experiences are inevitable, from ownership, running costs, mpg and of course envy......
The main reason for my admiration of the car is I love the proportions of it, flared front wheel arches, drilled discs, rear diffuser, rear spoiler and a front end which is unmistakable....... The engine surely will find itself squeezed into next generation Audi's hope so as it's a masterpiece.

The RS3 will be reinvented with the recently released new shape A3 and hopefully improved again...... I'll be first in line 3 years from now, going to enjoy ownership of this future classic and hope to meet up with my fellow RS3 owners sometime this year, posted this picture as the car was less than an hour old and it was a dry sunny day.......
A72BAAB3-2FBE-4D50-9308-E3C4F4993BB1-144-000000087AA03D7C.jpg

Reactions: quattro81 and Riot
Excuse lol. Me too .drive 22 mile round trip to fill up (half tank..no excess weight) with V.Power.

Yes it's a great car..will be my last...confirmed by MBK he knows.

i thought it was just me that heads out on an "adventure" just to give my addict of a car it's v.power fix :) nothing but vpower from day 1!

I was thinking more along the lines of an R8 s tronic
and yes, Simon..... As soon as the s-tronic r8 has done a little depreciating, I'm all over that bandwagon. The r-tronic box is pants if I'm being kind... Not about to buy a car new that loses soooo much value so quickly tho...

That's what I'm thinking year old s tronic r8 as low mileage as pos.

That's what I'm thinking year old s tronic r8 as low mileage as pos.
you couldn't be more northern, and me more southern! But great ideas appear to be universal :yes:

I need to stop myself buying bikes though otherwise no more cars will fit in my garage.

Lots of people thinking the same, the only thing I can see me replacing the RS3 with is an R8, it would have to be used and when values of the S tronic have taken the biggest chunk of the dive. The only catch being i'd be happy parking the RS3 in multistories, supermarkets etc but not sure I would fancy leaving an R8 in some place like that. No rush to make that choice though I'm just enjoying the RS3 :)

Lots of people thinking the same, the only thing I can see me replacing the RS3 with is an R8, it would have to be used and when values of the S tronic have taken the biggest chunk of the dive. The only catch being i'd be happy parking the RS3 in multistories, supermarkets etc but not sure I would fancy leaving an R8 in some place like that. No rush to make that choice though I'm just enjoying the RS3 :)

Completely agree, I 'd need to be able to own an R8 and another car for daily use, and for now the RS3 offers all I need.

I think the overall satisfaction is far outweighing the brake squeal issue.

No real signs of disapproval,which has got to be good for the residue value.

****** pain in the **** though having to do deal with these new 30mph restrictions..

Who will be the first to 12 pts (Currently 6pts ).already planning my next 3.

I think the overall satisfaction is far outweighing the brake squeal issue.

No real signs of disapproval,which has got to be good for the residue value.

****** pain in the **** though having to do deal with these new 30mph restrictions..

Who will be the first to 12 pts (Currently 6pts ).already planning my next 3.

That's why they fitted cruise control, for use in 30/40 zones - I just put it on as I enter the restricted speed zone and relax, it's worked for me so far. It's also why I'd like the Head Up Display from the A7 it's much easier to keep your eyes on the road and speed at the same time.