Gutted....hit pothole on teh way to work this morning and tyre burst!!

elton121272

Reaction score
As the title says....fortunately the wheel appears to be ok aftre Audi inspection and its just the tyre - which incidentally had about 4.5mm of decent tread left.

Audi also recommended the same replacement for the opposite side - so new front tyres all round.

I've read various reviews but wanted to keep all 4 with same brand so went for like for like replacements.

Managed to get the deadler down to £221 per tyre fitted, so £442 later and not a great start to the week.

I will be taking a few photos of the pothole and sending in a letter with a claim but I won't be holding my breath either!!

If there is one thing that puts me off having a decent car in low profiles, its our damn roads!!

Rant over.

Feel for you Elton ,and good luck with pursuing a claim ,but be warned that the local council will fill it in sharpish,i had same expreience last year, it was a horrible wet day on a bad bend and dangerous to stop, so decided to go back following morning camera at the ready, would you believe it it had been tarmaced over... no evidence = no claim :mad:

Damn, I fell in a huge one last week makes me cringe !
Audi damaged my wifes tyre when it was in for warranty work, they was driving my wifes car back on the motorway and then had a blow out, they put a brand new tyre on, only 1 though, if they recommend it then why didnt they put another on the other side, they are only half worn.

Bad luck pal, roads are dreadful and about to get worse due to the cold snap......

Ouch sorry to hear.
Take it you kept the good 4.5mm front Conti as a spare?

I went for GY F1 Ass2 much better grip I find and £165 per corner fitted..