on its way - what to expect

jonnyfeng

Reaction score
ok guys i have agreed a deal on an rs3 after the trouble i mentioned in my previous post.

now there is two i can choose from a suzuka grey or a daytona grey i believe they are both in basic spec apart from the daytona has bose.

firstly. i much prefer suzuka so il likely get that one..will i miss bose - i have heard the bose and its good but ive never heard the standard stereo. is it good enough or is it worth sacrificing the colour? i do listen to music alot but i can be happy aslong as the standard one isnt awful quality and cant be listened to quite loud

secondly. in basic spec how do these cars come? - rain sensing wipers or automatic headlights? tyre pressure monitor? ipod/iphone connectivity? bluetooth? dimming rear view mirror? privacy glass?

lastly. i know there is the aluminium package and the black styling pack but if neither are selected what colour are the grill and diffuser? ive never seen a suzuka without black optics and not sure whether id like it

i did mention these questions to audi but the guy didnt know at the time said hed find out and i wont speak to him till next week

appreciate all answers

thanks

cheers mate, ive just had a look so they have a pretty good spec already then. i presume the wipers/lights are part of an optional comfort pack as with the s3.

doesnt mention tyre monitor on the brochure

main thing is what its gonna look like without black optics etc?

are the grills silver or black?

Ok so now I don't know if I want the Daytona grey haha!

so the rear diffuser is gloss black anyway that's good to know.

-Anybody know how easy the front grill is to remove and spray gloss black?

-what sort of tint is on the rear half if you chose factory tints? (Percentage)

-anyone's thoughts in Bose/no Bose?

shame they don't have auto lights and wipers. Become accustomed to that on my last 3 cars. I'm sure il manage though

Hi jonny ,I had bose on my first s3 love it ,then no bose on my second s3 ,missed it ,now i have it on my rs3 ,you could fit a better set up yourself ,maybe even better than bose ,as i,m sure a few other members could sort this out ..To change the front grill is a bumper off job and i cant see the grill being cheap ,i have the silver one and can live with it ...

A good friend of mine owns a body shop. I ran the idea past him and he says the grill can be painted but it may chop easily. I'd really want a black grill on a pale coloured car. I suppose if I buy one I can sell the silver one to recoup some funds.

Cheers for the advice on the stereo. I think il manage without and upgrade if needed like you say.

Thanks guys!

Hi jonny ,your going to love the car ,if you need any more info ,drop me a pm and i will send your my number ..i,m just getting used to the dsg box as ive always had manual cars .looking forward to using the launch and will be getting a map at some point ,enjoy..:)

ive used dsg before its great, best of both worlds if you ask me, great for driving in traffic which is most of the time haha!
im gonna see if i can sort a few deals when the dealers are back open, i might try and get an audi discounted grill because i really dont like the silver on the pale colours personally.

il let you all know how it goes over the next few days then itl be a case of pictures to post in a week or so when i get it.

very excited this will be my first brand new car.. less excited about the running in period though haha!

Jonny,

when I ordered my RS3 in Suzuka Grey imagine my surprise when the dealer pulled back the delivery covers to reveal the black optics pack on my car, the deal had been done and signed for so he let it go.......... And I got black grille, black windows, black tailpipes, piano black door inlays, colour coded door handles and apart from the door mirrors not a hint of chrome in sight.

Boom.................. Have to recommend the colour looks putty grey in low light and whiter than white in the sunshine..............

Robbie.....

Just the BLACK WHEELS now,and you'll have a monster.

Sounds nice.

Robbie.....

Just the BLACK WHEELS now,and you'll have a monster.

Sounds nice.

Good call, will get the alloys painted black when I've Kerbed every corner one down, three to go :whistle2:...............
Christ I'm bored, eaten my own body weight in cheese........ Will compliment with a full bottle of red wine and then bring on the dreams.............

Good call, will get the alloys painted black when I've Kerbed every corner one down, three to go :whistle2:...............
Christ I'm bored, eaten my own body weight in cheese........ Will compliment with a full bottle of red wine and then bring on the dreams.............

Pinot Noir.?

I've had discussions with both my parents over the festive period about the fact I can't stand the taste of wine and they both told me you get the taste for it as you get older.. Just saying haha!

Ha ha..... Fair enough, didn't mean to hi-jack you're thread about wine tasting.
and for the record I'm 41 which makes me ancient I know, cheers to you whatever you're drinking over the festive period:beerchug:
in you're case probably Ribena........

your pretty much spot on mate! im 25 and a non drinker.. probably why i can afford a car that drinks instead

nice car by the way pretty much the look and spec id find ideal although not sure on the black tailpipes

i personally dont go for black wheels anymore i like the standard ones much better

Hi Jonny,
You're a good sport......... I'm with you on the alloys, the titanium finish is really smart. I like my black tail pipes as once again the understated nature of the details enhance the overall look of the car.
Running costs are ok, mpg depends on you're driving style and wether you can resist the 'S' button:yahoo:
You will continue to find little touches you missed when you get you're hands on you're RS3.......... For instance the little black firings attached to the back wheel arches, very noticeable in a lighter colour such as Suzuka Grey.......
Also the front wheel arches are flared and massive compared to standard A3........
No front fog lights due to the massive air intakes in the front bumper......
Anyway I'm off for a drive, post up some pictures when you're sorted
Cheers
Robbie

Deal been done in a Daytona grey with Bose. Forced a deposit down this time haha. Cars at the German docks so just have to wait for it to arrive now. Countdown begins!

Hi jonny ,thats great news ,i have ibis white,but the daytona grey is really a lovely colour ,my first test drive was in daytona,nice one ...

443804f3c513287a1d23942da1a31291.jpg

Estimated delivery date 14th January....... Good luck sleeping. Congratulations.

considering i prefer the black grill i can live with the silver on the darker car.. whats the resale value on the grills? im likely to buy a black one then swap them and flog the silver

how do you know it will be the 14th or is it just a random guess?

educated guess, mine took that long from deposit down, to shippage from German port to docking at Grimsby.......
The car can take from 3 - 10 days at U.K end.

considering i prefer the black grill i can live with the silver on the darker car.. whats the resale value on the grills? im likely to buy a black one then swap them and flog the silver

Just for you Jonny, check out the black tailpipes.

Thanks for all the responses guys! and some great pics!

black zorts look good on the paler cars i think along with the other black bits

looks wise its gonna be a black grill and tints for me i think.

i have friend of a friend working for audi so gonna see what i can do re. a black grill and just sell my silver grill

unfortunately im not getting factory tints ... is there any threads or any one know what tint i can go for to be as near as possible to factory standard????

Don't lose any sleep over the Bose, I really didn't like it and would not lose a sale over it let alone pay more for it!

I'm not sure what the percentage for the factory tint is but I'd go past a tinter and see what you like the look of

i got an even better deal with it in the end. i do like the bose to be honest, i used to work in car audio and nowadays i couldnt be bothered with spending more on aftermarket bits so that bit of extra depth the bose gives is ideal