Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

rattle on exhaust on rs3 help please.

guys i just bought a new rs3.

when the car is worm these is a rattle on the exhaust like a shield is touching the exhaust slightly its very loud and everyone has pointed it out to me. you can even hear it when i have the car ticking over on the drive and iam in the house. sounds like a banger lol.

its mainly when its ticking over and pulling away. doesn't always happen though

audi said they cant find anything wrong so must be normal bull sh*t! but i have found the problem myself there is a valve type thing on the back box in between the tails. its coming from that its like it needs tightning up or its missing summit not sure.

also when i bough the car new the steering wheel wasn't dead centre when driving straight like it was at 11.50 instead on 12 o clock. told them to sort that and its still not straight! its now at 11.55. useless!.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Get it back to Audi.
    Exhaust could be the Sport button valve/flap actuator.
    Steering wheel will be an easy fix for them.
    Should have been right first time though.
    Get a service or good discount out of them.
    2012 RS3 Daytona grey - VW T5 Transporter 4motion 130 - VW UP!

Neutral

Status
    yeah think it is that mate as i got under it today and it opens the flap in the exhaust when you move it up and down.. when it ticking over its vibrating as soon as i hold the mechanism it stops its like its loose or summit. or needs some king of plastic washer.

Neutral

Status
    Hi guys im new to the forum, I had a rattle similar to this it turned out to be a fuel pipe located under the o/r passenger footwell the pipe has a sponge ring round it so when at idle when fuel pressure is slightly higher it was tapping on the body, fixed it my self with some 1" self adhesive sponge up against the body and the pipe,
    hope this helps ubbs

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubbs View Post
    Hi guys im new to the forum, I had a rattle similar to this it turned out to be a fuel pipe located under the o/r passenger footwell the pipe has a sponge ring round it so when at idle when fuel pressure is slightly higher it was tapping on the body, fixed it my self with some 1" self adhesive sponge up against the body and the pipe,
    hope this helps ubbs
    Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of your car? Where are you located? Merry Christmas and enjoy the forum. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Neutral

Status
    My bad! Should have introduced myself! I've had my 3 since August this year it's misano red with a few options it had the red edged rims but the dealer had refurbed graphite I'm based in Leeds not seen many round my area a few in Bradford

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubbs View Post
    hope this helps ubbs
    Found this one myself too.
    same fix almost.
    2012 RS3 Daytona grey - VW T5 Transporter 4motion 130 - VW UP!

Neutral

Status
    mine defo is the valve thing on the exhaust mate as when i have it ticking over today and was making the noise can see it shaking the bar that goes in the valve and into the exhaust when i help it the noise stopped so its defo this valve/flap actuator thing...booking in new year!

Neutral

Status
    update guys. well it turned out to be what i said from the start, the actuator thing on the backbox that opens the flap for sports mode.

they changed the back box costing £950. i drove it home 6mile motorway trip. pulled up and smoke coming from under car smelt like summit burning. but soon cleared up and smell lasted couple of days....its now been 2 weeks since it was replaced and guess what. its rattling again! so back to square 1.

when i picked the car up the day the new back box was fitted i looked under and noticed the black tails was dirty like it not been replaced but when started car up was fine so just thought maybe they just repaired it. not sure if they would of fixed the old black tails to the new exhaust?

anyway back in again next week.