EM TuningAH Fabrications
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 200 of 442
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Owners with - brake squeal - please register your frustrations HERE!

  1. #161
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Planet Claire
    Posts
    256
    No worries fella, happy to help...

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #162
    geek's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    56

    Owners with - brake squeal - please register your frustrations HERE!

    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post
    The brakes on my RS3 have been superb in these conditions as per normal, and quiet...

    And the braking on snow with VREDESTEIN Wintrac 4xtremes is just brilliant so no complaints at all.

    My RS3 is a keeper for me.
    Off topic but what wheels are you running the vreds on? I don't think they do a 225/35/19?

    Would you PM me so we don't hijack the thread?

    Cheers

    Steve.
    Suzuka Grey RS3


  4. #163
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,094
    Sent... no problem.

    But go to: Winter tyres NOW on
    Last edited by 45bvtc; 24th January 2013 at 19:11.

  5. #164
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    All
    After finallyhearing back from Audi uk after 4 weeks of emails and excuses I rebooked RSinto dealers for them to look at some issues today.
    1. Seat base wearing
    2. Rattle in driver’s door window switch
    3. Rattle from gearbox when in park and neutral
    4. And finally the squealing breaks
    This issecond time for seat and gearbox; in 6 weeks ago, usual answers taken pictures etc.if it gets worse bring it back.
    4 weeksago booked in for breaks, but received a call from dealers saying don’t evenbother to bring in as no fix??
    Well thisp**sed me off so I wrote to martin sander telling Audi uk to fix my car or I wouldstart legal proceedings with rejection of the car, and as I said back in todayfor an inspection.
    Received acall late afternoon to tell me they need car until Monday as they have orderedparts, one being a fix for the breaks !!!
    Well p**sedof no car for the weekend but let’s hope they fix those f*****g squealingbreaks.
    Don’t knowwhat the fix is but will feed back as soon as I know.
    So theremay be hope yet ?????!!!!

  6. #165
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    194
    My issues to date.are

    Tank Flap doesn't sit right.so doesn't open as it should.
    Condensation in front lights,up to 1/3rd sometimes,and
    Off Side Air Intake.

    I like the direct action you're taking RSjack.it's the only way .imo

  7. #166
    CarrG's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by RSjack View Post
    All
    After finallyhearing back from Audi uk after 4 weeks of emails and excuses I rebooked RSinto dealers for them to look at some issues today.
    1. Seat base wearing
    2. Rattle in driver’s door window switch
    3. Rattle from gearbox when in park and neutral
    4. And finally the squealing breaks
    This issecond time for seat and gearbox; in 6 weeks ago, usual answers taken pictures etc.if it gets worse bring it back.
    4 weeksago booked in for breaks, but received a call from dealers saying don’t evenbother to bring in as no fix??
    Well thisp**sed me off so I wrote to martin sander telling Audi uk to fix my car or I wouldstart legal proceedings with rejection of the car, and as I said back in todayfor an inspection.
    Received acall late afternoon to tell me they need car until Monday as they have orderedparts, one being a fix for the breaks !!!
    Well p**sedof no car for the weekend but let’s hope they fix those f*****g squealingbreaks.
    Don’t knowwhat the fix is but will feed back as soon as I know.
    So theremay be hope yet ?????!!!!
    Mate been there got the T-Shirt so many build quality issues with the RS3 Audi UK must be thinking WTF!

    Mine came back with the supposed 4th fix, been at dealers five times in 10mths!

    They couldnt do anything with the sagging seat and offered compo!

    Have you got the bucket seats? Any pics?

    Wind noise is my current bug bare, its crazy and whisttles at anything over 50mph.

    Had door cards, sills, even glass changed... Three door seals later and its being classed as normal.

    What legal action would you take? Reject, small claims?

    Whats its age and mileage?

    Such a shame as the RS3 engine and box is too good to be spoilt with build quality issues!
    Last edited by CarrG; 25th January 2013 at 08:17.
    Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Privacy - New Brakes
    VW California GP 180 DSG "Candy"

  8. #167
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,094
    I must have been born lucky as I don't have a single issue with this car, none!

    And I've heard some of the issues others have recently with total amazement (brake squeal being no longer an issue for me).

    Ok, a slight wind-noise from the top of the driver's door, but that's it.

    I just love the bloody thing in all weathers, honest!

    September 2011 RS3 in Cornflower blue - it's a keeper for me, no worries.

  9. #168
    S3 AD's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South east
    Posts
    213
    starting to feel like I got lucky as well ...........as I am only suffering with the brake squeal - never thought I would say that was lucky!!!
    I have experienced some of the issues peope are talking about but on my previous S3 - door seals replaced, RNSE replaced, sagging bucket seats - all sorted under waranty though but I remmeber how frustrating all those were, shame Audi doesnt seem to have learnt all the lessons from the S3 and applied All RS3's
    Currently testing Audi's RS3 brake fix......will it work

  10. #169
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post
    I must have been born lucky as I don't have a single issue with this car, none!

    And I've heard some of the issues others have recently with total amazement (brake squeal being no longer an issue for me).

    Ok, a slight wind-noise from the top of the driver's door, but that's it.

    I just love the bloody thing in all weathers, honest!

    September 2011 RS3 in Cornflower blue - it's a keeper for me, no worries.
    Same here, not a single issue with the car since new and no brake issues either, best car I,ve owned to date

  11. #170
    FactionOne's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Preston
    Posts
    3,052
    Guys, just a quick note to make you aware, I've removed email addresses from this thread; I appreciate your aim is simply to ensure everyone is making their feelings similarly clear with Audi UK, but there are data protection issues around details being posted without consent of the individual in question.

    All the best,

    Rob.
    Boot full of dog. Back seat full of lenses.

  12. #171
    HullRs3's Avatar
    7th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hull, East Yorkshire
    Posts
    113
    Eventually sent my email off to Audi UK last with regards to the brake squeal. If or when I get a reply I will post it here.

  13. #172
    robbiemac's Avatar
    'S' Button engaged....

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    733
    achieved brake squeal in reverse this morning, thank you and good afternoon.
    With great power comes great responsibility.......

  14. #173
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiemac View Post
    achieved brake squeal in reverse this morning, thank you and good afternoon.

    Sorry robbimac... but here is today's Bluey News:

    FIRST, the BAD news: brake squeal and/or brake 'moan' whilst moving backwards is not unusual with Audis; my own: A2, S3, and TT 3.2, (all now sold) and current: TT 2.0 Mk 2, and RS3 have all done this especially after an overnight storage (inside or out), it is especially prevalent having had wet brakes prior to storage.

    NOW for some GOOD news: it will disappear with 2-miles of normal driving (forwards, of course) and braking.

    HOWEVER, more BAD news, (2): it will come back the next time it's stored overnight with wet-brakes.

    FINALLY some GOOD news, AND a smidgen of (humorous) ADVICE: brake squeal and/or brake 'moan' whilst moving backwards can easily be prevented: park you car in such a position that you ONLY drive forwards from your overnight parking... (LOL), sorry...

    Please don't abuse me... I already know.

    Love that car of yours robbimac (dirty or not). Can't wait for the photo of the car (with added Security) taken on Westminster bridge...

  15. #174
    robbiemac's Avatar
    'S' Button engaged....

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post

    Sorry robbimac... but here is today's Bluey News:

    FIRST, the BAD news: brake squeal and/or brake 'moan' whilst moving backwards is not unusual with Audis; my own: A2, S3, and TT 3.2, (all now sold) and current: TT 2.0 Mk 2, and RS3 have all done this especially after an overnight storage (inside or out), it is especially prevalent having had wet brakes prior to storage.

    NOW for some GOOD news: it will disappear with 2-miles of normal driving (forwards, of course) and braking.

    HOWEVER, more BAD news, (2): it will come back the next time it's stored overnight with wet-brakes.

    FINALLY some GOOD news, AND a smidgen of (humorous) ADVICE: brake squeal and/or brake 'moan' whilst moving backwards can easily be prevented: park you car in such a position that you ONLY drive forwards from your overnight parking... (LOL), sorry...

    Please don't abuse me... I already know.

    Love that car of yours robbimac (dirty or not). Can't wait for the photo of the car (with added Security) taken on Westminster bridge...
    Standard issue for RS3 drivers.........

    Keep watching for iconic shots, Westminster bridge is my Everest!
    With great power comes great responsibility.......

  16. #175
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,094

    I'm starting to wonder...

    Prompted by today's 'I've spotted one' post but relevant to this particular question:

    A question we need to ask ALL of us 'Owners with brake squeal, etc':
    If there are 250-RS3s here in the UK, the published original number; and then Audi added to that original number a further 250-cars with another 500 (?) to make the reported 750-UK RS3s (?); where are they?

    For example: in my own 'brake squeal' frustration' listing, I've only 51-cars listed, and only 33-of those report brake squeal, the other 18-cars report NO brake squeal or haven't replied at all to me and/or elton121272: no wonder Audi UK aren't interested, it's not a huge problem, whatever brake-squeal sufferers may think.

    So where are the 250-RS3s? That should be easy. Where the other 500 are may be difficult.

    Honest: since September 2011 when I purchased my car I've only ever seen 2-other RS3's on the road.


    Hands-up guys, who's got em?

  17. #176
    Vito's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    153
    I would think that some of them have gone to collectors and have not even been registered ( I did some part time work for a motorbike dealer up until last year finding and buying bikes in Italy (as I am italian) and one thing that I learnt is that when manufactures release some special models in limited numbers they are snapped up as investments by dealers and collectors and just put into storage, and when the time comes to re-sell, espacially if the bikes are not been registered or have zero or just delivery milage, they can be worth twice as much the original price).
    I would immagine the same thing happens with some cars, and the RS3 is one of them special models that will be remembered for many years to come, so alot of people sees it as a good investment for the future, but as you say 45bvtc there is 500 of them "missing", and that is alot of them.
    Is something not quite right here.........??? That I would say is a difficult one.

  18. #177
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,094
    You're Italian Vito? I'd never have thought it!

    Italy = Great food, wine, engineers, artists, and oh my God, the women. Plus the Italian countryside, and mega roads for out-and-out driving, (not forgetting that every Italian car (in Italy) has a dent in it): and some of the guys aren't bad either Vito; some have such good taste even as to own/drive an Audi RS3!

    Some guys Vito, some guys...


  19. #178
    P_G
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    339
    I would suggest you will only ever get a handfiul of owners on the forums because most owners just aren't that interested in knowing about their cars. IIRC the best populated B7 RS4 forum is on RS246.com and when DRC was an iuues there were only 120 something owners of the 3000+ registered UK vehicles on there plus a handful on here, SRS and a couple of others.

    Other owners will believe they are in isolation and dealers will deal with them on a case by case basis without admitting design or manufacturing error. Bets thing to for us collectively to do is to get Audi UK to acknowledge the fix Stephen Reil has said there is and then have it applied to our cars.

    Or pay your £18, get a set of anti-squeel shims and no waste hours of your time banging your head against Audi's custoemr service wall. Not the ideal solution but a lot less grief.

  20. #179
    Vito's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post
    Prompted by today's 'I've spotted one' post but relevant to this particular question:

    A question we need to ask ALL of us 'Owners with brake squeal, etc':
    If there are 250-RS3s here in the UK, the published original number; and then Audi added to that original number a further 250-cars with another 500 (?) to make the reported 750-UK RS3s (?); where are they?

    For example: in my own 'brake squeal' frustration' listing, I've only 51-cars listed, and only 33-of those report brake squeal, the other 18-cars report NO brake squeal or haven't replied at all to me and/or elton121272: no wonder Audi UK aren't interested, it's not a huge problem, whatever brake-squeal sufferers may think.

    So where are the 250-RS3s? That should be easy. Where the other 500 are may be difficult.

    Honest: since September 2011 when I purchased my car I've only ever seen 2-other RS3's on the road.


    Hands-up guys, who's got em?
    One thing I would like to say and that is that we need to show the general pubblic our frustation, let everybody know about how audi is ignoring us, go on the audi pubblic sites and post there our comments so all can see what is going on, they will not like that, I am telling you, and then audi will start taking it more seriously.
    I put a comment on audi UK FB page, then urged people from another forum to join in the discussion, try to make this issue "blow up" but apart from a 3 or 4 of guys, nobodyelse took notice, audi DID and they got in touch with me staight away and you know why ? because they dont want future customers to see how poor the after sale service is and the how unfair people are being treated.
    I have to say I think I am one of the luckiest guys because apart from the break squeal, up to now "touch wood" nothing else has gone wrong, but I have read alot of stories with other audi owners with virtually never ending lists of problems with their cars that make me cringe.
    What all this mean is that it does not take much to stick together, is it any good to send audi a list of unhappy owners from this forum? It certenally does, everyhting helps, but who knows about it? us and audi..........? and thats why they dont take notice.
    Excuse my english if you find lots of mistakes in these lines, but I think is not too difficult to understand what my point is.

  21. #180
    Vito's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    153
    Yeah is great Italy for all them things 45bvtc, but what I like best is that when I go back home for my holidays I dont have to worry about speed cameras, because there isn`t any.

  22. #181
    Vito's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    153
    Catch you soon guys, I am off, taking wife and kids out for a nice meal, ciao.

  23. #182
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    Yeah is great Italy for all them things 45bvtc, but what I like best is that when I go back home for my holidays I dont have to worry about speed cameras, because there isn`t any.
    GO Vito!
    Vito likes this.

  24. #183
    P_G
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    339
    In theory I agree Vito but too much publicity and the residuals on your and our cars will nose dive when there is no market for people who want to buy them because people read of the problems. It's a fine balance.

    I do occassionally get brake squeal but only in extreme situations. Thing is you have 365mm front discs and 8 pot calipers which are way OTT what most drivers will need and because they are big and over engineered, you have to abuse them to a degree for them to work properly. Some hard braking and regular use and I have zero issues and what I do have I believe will be negated by shims. £18 and 30 mins of my time fitting them opposed to days and weeks at Audi is a no brainer.

    The B7 RS4's famously suffer from 'warping' which is really pad deposition on the discs front and rear (and poor disc design). I had 3 set of discs under warranty / goodwill and even had Audi bed them in but the same thing happened. The fix for me was EBC yellowstuff pads which Audi would never have done, and sure enough the problem disappeared. Others went Ferrodo DS2500 pads, Loba or phaeton discs or a combintion of both and had the same result. And handful of people got ceramics out of it after 12+ months of their cars going back and forth to the dealers. I know which I would have gone for.

  25. #184
    monkeyboy_marcus's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Posts
    263
    Through the application of the 45bvtc fix, £17 shims from eBay and the installation of them by Audi Coulsdon, I don't have any brake squeal problems. Of course I will keep on at Audi for an official solution but in the meantime I am enjoying the car again whilst I wait. I don't understand why anyone would not do the same - no great expense, no hands dirty etc...

  26. #185
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    28
    hi am so glad it isnt just my RS3 that does this! I have had my RS3 2 months. it was 6mths old, 5000 miles when i went to audi to test drive the new audi a3 but fell in love with a red, black pack with bucket seats RS3 that was sat outside and had just come in! i love it so blooming much but i noticed the break squeal in a few weeks of having it. Like you guys its when its dry, it doesnt last long but i do think that driving in such a sexy car to hear the breaks isnt ideal! can you add me to the list please? and i will be contacting my guy at audi to let him know. Really glad to have found this forum. I love the fact i never see another RS3 on the roads they really are so rare!

  27. #186
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    South
    Posts
    137
    Called Audi UK today to register my complaint. They confirmed that a fix is in testing phase and should be available within the next 4-6 weeks.

  28. #187
    robbiemac's Avatar
    'S' Button engaged....

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    733
    Due to guilt at this continued thread...... I've re-booked the car into Audi this week, there's nothing pending on the system; no updates or recalls and this information is seven minutes old.

    After this one and only visit I'm going to live with it, no fixes, no homemade solutions........ End off.
    When we all finally meet at some point this summer you'll hear me before you see me and I kinda like that
    With great power comes great responsibility.......

  29. #188
    robbiemac's Avatar
    'S' Button engaged....

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    733
    Got a call from Audi this afternoon prior to me dropping off the car this coming Friday. Service department manager informed me that they are aware of the problem, Audi are working on the problem and I'm doing the right thing by bringing the car in to be inspected blah blah blah....... He said in worse cases they replace parts such as pads, discs etc. however it's proven to be a short term fix blah blah blah..... I am however grateful for the chap phoning me and it looks like it's now common knowledge throughout all the Audi dealerships therefore if you've actively been involved with Audi at any stage regarding this problem please at this point take a bow, you're perseverance could finally be paying off.....
    45bvtc likes this.
    With great power comes great responsibility.......

  30. #189
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,456

  31. #190
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Hi All
    Car beenin dealers for over a week, I have been away so chased them today, they saymine is the first RS3 to have this break fix done they have fitted what soundslike some sort of shim and they have sent all the info etc. to Audi Germany!!??
    Don’t knowabout buckets yet questioned today waiting for an answer?
    Gear boxseems to have stopped rattle said there were cables rattling on the heat guards?? will see
    Let youknow when I have car back
    RSjack

  32. #191
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by RSjack View Post
    Hi All
    Car beenin dealers for over a week, I have been away so chased them today, they saymine is the first RS3 to have this break fix done they have fitted what soundslike some sort of shim and they have sent all the info etc. to Audi Germany!!??
    Don’t knowabout buckets yet questioned today waiting for an answer?
    Gear boxseems to have stopped rattle said there were cables rattling on the heat guards?? will see
    Let youknow when I have car back
    RSjack
    Question: Is Audi UK taking a scattergun approach on this issue? We seem to be getting a number of RS3's 'shimmed-up' here and there while other RS3 owners are being told there's nothing being done as yet!

    I don't personally care if they are using such an approach as it does mean that something, rather than nothing, is being done.

    As an aside, I read Martin Sander is extolling the virtues of the new R4 in this weeks (30 Jan 2013) AutoExpress - no mention of course of the s##t response from the Audi UK MD (as titled in the magazine) to current owners of Audi RS3s and TTRS cars suffering brake squeal and other issues (tsk) however.

  33. #192
    P_G
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    339
    R4, when did they release that?

    The shims solution from I can find on German Audi forums and my pigeon German is not the same fix as Stephan Reil was talking about which is a combination of pads and / or calipers dependent on the extent of the issue. Audi technical appear to have given this solution to a handful of dealers with very concerned customers to try but won't give it as a universal TSB / recall until it ios proven to work which is why from what I was told Vito's car is getting a full shakedown and results reported as to the effects of the shims.

  34. #193
    P_G
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    339
    BTW, quote on an RS4 optioned to £63K; £21k deposit, £23k baloon, £500 per month for 48 months!!!!!

  35. #194
    Vito's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    153
    Update on the break fix to my car;
    first day after collecting car on thursday no squeal what so ever,
    second day heard it few times
    today I can say its slowly getting as bad as it used to be..........squeling almost every time you hit the breaks!!

    Now waiting for dealers to call me for feed back on the fix.

    And again, the car did not have the new Brembo upgraded pads fitted, just the shims.

  36. #195
    JonnyG's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    204
    Jeez... thats a bit of a surprise .

    Mine are still quiet after 1700 miles of 45vbtc's fix ... the only time I had any squeal at all was at -3C degrees and dry roads, but it was only fairly quiet, and not every stop. They have been perfect again this last week with lots of town driving and temps back up 4C to 8C.
    Audi RS3 in Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012

  37. #196
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    Update on the break fix to my car;
    first day after collecting car on thursday no squeal what so ever,
    second day heard it few times
    today I can say its slowly getting as bad as it used to be..........squeling almost every time you hit the breaks!!

    Now waiting for dealers to call me for feed back on the fix.

    And again, the car did not have the new Brembo upgraded pads fitted, just the shims.
    Vito my friend, I did send you chapter and verse on this 'fix' and even invited you to visit me (as did JonnyG) and I'd sort/apply/fit it for you.

    You NEED to go back to Preston Audi and find out what those 'nice gentlemen' have done to your car (or NOT! as the case may be).

    If there is a NEXT time then stay with them and check what they are doing: they are NOT Gods Vito... (I think Audi call them Technicians, what ever that means?) It's your BL##DY car after all and cost you lots of Sangiovese.

    IF they'd had applied my 'fix' I'd be paying you £s, Euros, or in bottles of Sangiovese now as I did GUARENTEE that my 'fix' would have eliminated your brake squeal 100%.

    Ciao e buona giornata Vito (I now know what that means)

    Call me if I can help and/or you'd like to discuss

  38. #197
    monkeyboy_marcus's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG View Post
    Jeez... thats a bit of a surprise .

    Mine are still quiet after 1700 miles of 45vbtc's fix ... the only time I had any squeal at all was at -3C degrees and dry roads, but it was only fairly quiet, and not every stop. They have been perfect again this last week with lots of town driving and temps back up 4C to 8C.
    I'm very surprised too and disappointed for you Vito - assumed you'd have had the same results as those who've applied the 45bvtc fix, after all it seemed to be a very similar procedure. I had this done by Audi Coulsdon on 17th January 2013 and haven't heard a squeal since. This might also be why Audi have been shy of offering interim/temporary fixes...

  39. #198
    monkeyboy_marcus's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sevenoaks, Kent
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Vito View Post
    Update on the break fix to my car;
    first day after collecting car on thursday no squeal what so ever,
    second day heard it few times
    today I can say its slowly getting as bad as it used to be..........squeling almost every time you hit the breaks!!

    Now waiting for dealers to call me for feed back on the fix.

    And again, the car did not have the new Brembo upgraded pads fitted, just the shims.
    I had this scenario the first time I had the brakes looked at and Coulsdon Audi just deglazed them (or something similar) to see if that made the squeal go away. It didn't and returned within a couple of days of moderate driving until it was as bad or worse than ever. You're sure they fitted the shims?

  40. #199
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Planet Claire
    Posts
    256
    Oh dear that's not good. A trip to that nice man in Cannock/Stafford me thinks...
    Vito likes this.

  41. #200
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG View Post
    Jeez... thats a bit of a surprise .

    Mine are still quiet after 1700 miles of 45vbtc's fix ... the only time I had any squeal at all was at -3C degrees and dry roads, but it was only fairly quiet, and not every stop. They have been perfect again this last week with lots of town driving and temps back up 4C to 8C.

    These Audi 'Technicians' either: (a) don't know what they are doing, or (b) are taking the Michael (sorry Michael). I know Audi dealers aren't allowed to go off the hymn sheet BUT this is just stupid! The anti-squeal shim applied to the original Brembo/Audi approved brake pad is just NOT-FIT-FOR-PURPOSE! (SANDER please note....)

    For example, my brake pad at 1250-miles, the pistons have worn through the pad to the 'bright' metal brake pad backing/support.



    Do Audi/Brembo blind have poor eyesight or just a LACK of understanding of the causes of brake squeal/noise?

    I CAN'T MAKE IT ANY CLEARER THAN THIS, surely?

    Does anyone at Audi UK NEED a bigger picture?

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. New B5 S4 owner with brake questions
    By Andy P in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th September 2011, 12:54
  2. 8P3 Owners with Xenons and LED DRL's please help
    By scottie123 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 19th September 2010, 19:26
  3. TDI 140 and 170 owners please post your MPG
    By dalepearson in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 19th April 2010, 18:19
  4. V6 owners with filters and exhausts please help me
    By Audi_TT 83 in forum TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th March 2008, 12:59
  5. V6 owners with filters and/or exhausts please help me
    By Audi_TT 83 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2nd March 2008, 03:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO