Chris NottAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 72
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Winter tyres NOW on

  1. #1
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,293

    Winter tyres NOW on

    November 25th 2012 and the forecast is for a seriously cold winter...

    Now I know that there are guys out there who want there RS3 to go faster, sound louder, etc, but I beg you to consider your safety and that of your RS3 first: on that cold, dark, frosty, snowy winters night when temperatures are around freezing an below, then you'll have one of two faces: 1) smiley because you've spent your hard earned on a set of grippy winter tyres, or 2) sad because you're still using your 'summer' tyres and failed to stop or grip on the slippy stuff.

    Your choice is as shown:

    P1010641.jpg

    Oh, and I've done exactly the same with my wife's TT, I just can't afford the accident/damage/time/etc!

    PS: These round rubber things are your only contact with the road! Think about it (PLEASE).

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    jerseypaul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Jersey - Channel Isles
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post
    November 25th 2012 and the forecast is for a seriously cold winter...

    Now I know that there are guys out there who want there RS3 to go faster, sound louder, etc, but I beg you to consider your safety and that of your RS3 first: on that cold, dark, frosty, snowy winters night when temperatures are around freezing an below, then you'll have one of two faces: 1) smiley because you've spent your hard earned on a set of grippy winter tyres, or 2) sad because you're still using your 'summer' tyres and failed to stop or grip on the slippy stuff.

    Your choice is as shown:

    P1010641.jpg

    Oh, and I've done exactly the same with my wife's TT, I just can't afford the accident/damage/time/etc!

    PS: These round rubber things are your only contact with the road! Think about it (PLEASE).
    good advice - we are the sort of people who understand an appreciate this stuff but......
    It will be someone who hits US I bet if involved in an accident.
    good luck out there.
    2012 RS3 Daytona grey - VW T5 Transporter 4motion 130 - VW UP!

  4. #3
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    I agree on they on my S3 now, until you use good winter tyres you never appeciate how good they really are on all surfaces under 7c

  5. #4
    rezulteo's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    224

    My Social Networking

    Follow rezulteo On Twitter Add rezulteo on Facebook
    It's always good to think of safety first, a winter tyre is an essential investment once the temperatures drop below 7C.
    All tyres for Audi and tyre news, advice, tests and comparisons on http://www.rezulteo-tyres.co.uk
    Follow us on Twitter !
    Like our Facebook page !

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Good advise guys. I asked a few tyre shops about winter tyres for my RS3 and they have told me they dont make them any bigger than 18inch. Are you using smaller wheels during the winter? If not where did you get the 19inch tyres and what sort of price are they??

  7. #6
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by jamseyd24 View Post
    Good advise guys. I asked a few tyre shops about winter tyres for my RS3 and they have told me they dont make them any bigger than 18inch. Are you using smaller wheels during the winter? If not where did you get the 19inch tyres and what sort of price are they??
    I purchased these wheels and tyres last November from alloywheelsdirect.

    The wheels are original RS3 19-inch x 8J ET50: #8P0601025CP

    The tyres being are VREDESTEIN Wintrac xtreme: 235 x 35 x 19 91W XL: and the same size front and rear.

    The cost was £3013, expensive I know, but this is the second year of use and they are showing little or no wear at this time.

    Consider: 1) using winter tyres is safer anyway, 2) they save wear on summer tyres, 3) a spare set of original alloys is a bonus should you need to get a kerbed one repaired, and 4) should you ever sell your RS3 then there will be a ready market to sell the spare set, really!

    BUT this car is a keeper for me; I have no interest in changing it for anything else.

    See: Audi RS3 8P Sportback alloys | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd

    P1010645x.jpg

  8. #7
    Dave Hedgehog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    274

    Winter tyres NOW on

    I just got my cheap winter rims, they are what a lot of the German rs3 owners use for snow tyres, tuv approved, 2 year warranty £400 and cheaper rubber as they are 18s, I can get a set of top conti's for £600

    Look good as well IMO

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354097509.289404.jpg

  9. #8
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
    I just got my cheap winter rims, they are what a lot of the German rs3 owners use for snow tyres, tuv approved, 2 year warranty £400 and cheaper rubber as they are 18s, I can get a set of top conti's for £600

    Look good as well IMO

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354097509.289404.jpg
    I agree 100%.

    If a correct offset alternative wheel had been available for the RS3 when I purchased my RS3 (late October 2011) then I wouldn't have paid what I did for original RS3 wheels (November 2011).

    Well-done DAVE...

  10. #9
    Dave Hedgehog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    274

    Winter tyres NOW on

    Got the conti's from cam skills for 145 each

    They seam to do well in the recent group tests and are a C rating in the wet when most of the others are an E

  11. #10
    CarrG's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    260
    All good info cheers Guys!

    Quick question; Do the 18" Rotas fit over the brakes on the RS3??
    Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Privacy - New Brakes
    VW California GP 180 DSG "Candy"

  12. #11
    Dave Hedgehog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    274

    Winter tyres NOW on

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrG View Post
    All good info cheers Guys!

    Quick question; Do the 18" Rotas fit over the brakes on the RS3??
    Yep

    Check your tyre pressure sticker

    It has 225/18/40 as the winter wheel

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354185188.542878.jpg

  13. #12
    SGJ
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South UK
    Posts
    3
    Hi all,

    I've been looking into getting winter tyres for my RS3 (standard 235/35s front, 225/35s rear) but my local dealer (Southampton Audi) tells me that there are no suitable sizes of tyre that they can recommend.

    ??????????

    There must be some truth in what they're saying, if they're choosing not to take a lot of money off me for some expensive tyres, but I can't believe that there are no suitable winter tyres and/or wheels at all.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

  14. #13
    Dave Hedgehog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by SGJ View Post
    Hi all,

    I've been looking into getting winter tyres for my RS3 (standard 235/35s front, 225/35s rear) but my local dealer (Southampton Audi) tells me that there are no suitable sizes of tyre that they can recommend.

    ??????????

    There must be some truth in what they're saying, if they're choosing not to take a lot of money off me for some expensive tyres, but I can't believe that there are no suitable winter tyres and/or wheels at all.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

    The stock contis are ****e in cold weather, like driving on solid rubber covered in oil!


    you can put a 225/35 on the front

    Winter - Snow - Cold Weather - Car/MPV Tyres - 19" R19" - 225/35/19, 225/35R19

    However I sourced a great looking set of rims for £440 which a lot of the german RS3 owner use, TUV approved, 2 year warranty (pic aquired from this site )

    RS3 winter wheels.jpg

    my winter wheels.jpg

    which take the audi recommended winter tyre size 225/4018 92v xl

    cam skills have continentals (which do well in snow tests) for £145 each ! They are C wet weather rated (most snows are E) and rated to 149mph

    Winter - Snow - Cold Weather - Car/MPV Tyres - 18" R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40R18

    and if i clip a curb from a little slide its not the end of the world



    my contis arrived yesterday so getting them fitted is this mornings job
    Last edited by Dave Hedgehog; 1st December 2012 at 04:42.

  15. #14
    Dave Hedgehog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    274
    i got the rims from these guys if anyone is interested

    MAM ALUFELGEN Felgen MAMA2 18 ZOLL Audi A3, -/Sportback 8P, 8PA

    MAM ALUFELGEN Felgen MAMA2 18 ZOLL Audi A3, -/Sportback 8P, 8PA | eBay

    there shop for when the link dies

    Felgen, RONDELL items in Alufelgen store on eBay!

  16. #15
    SGJ
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South UK
    Posts
    3
    Hi Dave,

    Thanks very much - I contacted Camskill this morning and they've been far more helpful and proactive than Southampton Audi, although the tyres I need aren't in stock right now. Next thing is to check that my warranty won't be affected by fitting them .......

  17. #16
    JonnyG's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    218
    Will all 18" wheels fit over the front brakes OK assuming the ET offset is correct ? (and all other dimensions of course )
    Audi RS3 in Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012

  18. #17
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,293
    Hey Dave,

    Re: JonnyG's question: I've just checked my 19 x 8J ET50 standard wheel to brake-caliper clearance and find: 1) that the clearance between the brake-caliper and the rim is 12mm and 2) between the brake-caliper and the spoke 10mm.

    Now your wheels are 18 x 8J ET42, blimey that's going to be close. I calculate that to be 12mm less on the radius (you'll need to be very careful where they put the balance weight) and 8mm closer to the brake-caliper.

    Question: have you actually fitted a bare rim onto the front hub and checked the clearance?

    I sincerely hope it works for you David, truly.

    PS: I have 235x35's front and rear without problem; 235's are generally much cheaper/popular than 225's anyway - check out mytyres.com for prices (£141.60 inclusive for a 235 x 35 VREDESTEIN Wintrac 4xtreme delivered).
    Last edited by 45bvtc; 1st December 2012 at 16:03.

  19. #18
    Dave Hedgehog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    274

    Winter tyres NOW on

    The 18s are the size audi recommend for winter tyres

    Seam to fit OK

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354376577.043480.jpg

  20. #19
    Ben S3 8P3's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bury//Manchester//Leeds
    Posts
    313
    If only I could afford some

  21. #20
    Dave Hedgehog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxzzz View Post
    If only I could afford some
    The rims where £440 delivered from germany so pretty reasonable

  22. #21
    Bilen's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    33
    Dave

    Is that 440 for all 4 rims I presume?

    How long did they take to arrive- tempted to get a set as off to Switzerland in 3 weeks

  23. #22
    45bvtc's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
    The 18s are the size audi recommend for winter tyres

    Seam to fit OK

    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354376577.043480.jpg
    And look superb! Well done you...

  24. #23
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. Wales, LL22
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilen View Post
    Dave

    Is that 440 for all 4 rims I presume?

    How long did they take to arrive- tempted to get a set as off to Switzerland in 3 weeks
    you might find you HAVE to run winters there
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

  25. #24
    Bilen's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    33
    Yes you do need them in Switzerland.

    Look so good I have ordered a set. Hopefully don't take too long to arrive?

    Have gone for Goodyear ultra grip 8 performance tyres as come highly rated. Should look good on the newly acquired Daytona grey RS3. Thanks for pointing them out!

  26. #25
    Dave Hedgehog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    274
    something a bit odd here the winter tyres feel like they have more grip than the OEM contis ????

  27. #26
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    East Kilbride
    Posts
    343

    Winter tyres NOW on

    I normally get abused for these things, but I don't see the point of winter tyres in the UK, and certainly not on any 'good' car or P&J (pride and joy)

    I understand how good the tyres are - I'm in Stockholm at the moment, with a Volvo running them - but it's the law here and everyone has them on their cars...

    in the UK it's not law, we are not set up for it, and people are trying to make a lot of money from this 'safety' (money always comes first, right?!?!?) so even with the best will in the world, you are always going to have dodgy Dave running about in winter on slicks...

    sods law says he'll slide into my P&J wrecking it... and we all know they just don't feel the same once they've been hit

    the solution for me, park up the good cars, and bring out the beast.... I bought a Grand Cherokee 5 years ago for buttons, it is perfect for winter use, and costs less than full winter wheels and tyres... and when someone hits it... it's doesn't really matter... :lol:



    I may well be a bit mental though.... :lol:

    :thumb:

  28. #27
    Bilen's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    33
    In the cold they will have more grip than the continentals. Ran winter tyres on my S3 for years and definately more grip in winter. Just don't go hooning around corners on the winter tyres! I was running 50 profile on the S3 and that was like driving the blomange mobile in the corners.

  29. #28
    CarrG's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
    something a bit odd here the winter tyres feel like they have more grip than the OEM contis ????
    P_G says the same.
    Looking forward to trying something other than the Contis.

    the_cueball - I agree never bought winter tyres and always tuck my cars away and use other transport if weather gets too bad. Guess it depends if you have the option to use other vehicles and how far you need to travel. ETTO.
    Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Privacy - New Brakes
    VW California GP 180 DSG "Candy"

  30. #29
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by the_cueball View Post
    I normally get abused for these things, but I don't see the point of winter tyres in the UK, and certainly not on any 'good' car or P&J (pride and joy)

    I understand how good the tyres are - I'm in Stockholm at the moment, with a Volvo running them - but it's the law here and everyone has them on their cars...

    in the UK it's not law, we are not set up for it, and people are trying to make a lot of money from this 'safety' (money always comes first, right?!?!?) so even with the best will in the world, you are always going to have dodgy Dave running about in winter on slicks...

    sods law says he'll slide into my P&J wrecking it... and we all know they just don't feel the same once they've been hit

    the solution for me, park up the good cars, and bring out the beast.... I bought a Grand Cherokee 5 years ago for buttons, it is perfect for winter use, and costs less than full winter wheels and tyres... and when someone hits it... it's doesn't really matter... :lol:



    I may well be a bit mental though.... :lol:

    :thumb:
    How are people making a lot of money from it? once you have spent the initial sum for the Tyres, and had them fitted all you pay is the cost of swapping them back and forth. while you are using your winter tyres you are saving the cost of summer tyres, In fact as winter tyres in the winter will cost far less, (they are cheaper if you look around for the right ones) you could be saving money. over the long term. I have had Winter tyres fitted to my rear wheel sports van for nearly 3 years summer and winter just left them on after about 30k so far, still got a few k to go.

    Even on my S3 My winter tyres are a few years old, and now on their 3rd year and only 25% worn, standard Tyre Size for my S3 too on the standard Rims. I might add as well there is a large difference in the best winter tyres and cheap ones, hence speed rating, wear, and grip.

  31. #30
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. Wales, LL22
    Posts
    1,224
    i bought some cheap £150 ebay alloys, then some winter tyres

    mm for mm the winters cost less than the summers so i save money!

    and i can allways sell the alloys for the same amount......

    so there is no way i can loose!
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

  32. #31
    DrM
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1

    Winter tyres NOW on

    Winter rims and tires on ready for Scandinavian winter ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355783761.040072.jpg

  33. #32
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Matlock
    Posts
    44
    While I'm sure winter tyres are wonderful and all, we don't get the hard winters that they have in Scandinavia or on the continent that justify shelling out £4-500 for the two weeks of ice and snow that we get a year.

    I've always run my Clio on yokohama paradas come rain, shine or 2 foot of snow. Even managed to climb a white over 1 in 7 last year. If I can manage something like that on summer tyres, for me, there isn't reason to go squandering money on special tyres that are meant to allow me to do what I can on summer tyres.

  34. #33
    Dave Hedgehog's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    274

    Winter tyres NOW on

    Winter tyres as I have found out are just not about heavy snow, the main advantage is the compound is sticky when its cold.

    Performance tyres give poor grip when cold and the oem contis are bloody terrible, when its cold they are like driving on oil. Some of the blurb I have read suggests that below 8c the winters are more "sticky"

    I locked the conti's up on an apparent dry road when it was -2, when it was -6 last week the winters where like driving on a dry summer road

    probably not so much of an issue for normal tyres thou

  35. #34
    RS3copilot's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    While I'm sure winter tyres are wonderful and all, we don't get the hard winters that they have in Scandinavia or on the continent that justify shelling out £4-500 for the two weeks of ice and snow that we get a year.

    I've always run my Clio on yokohama paradas come rain, shine or 2 foot of snow. Even managed to climb a white over 1 in 7 last year. If I can manage something like that on summer tyres, for me, there isn't reason to go squandering money on special tyres that are meant to allow me to do what I can on summer tyres.
    I used Yokohama Parada 2s on my A2, but NOT on winter snow/ice thank you.

    For a laugh, check out: ► BMW X3 Winter Tyres 2011 - YouTube

    OK, I know they're BMW's but then they do tend to suffer worse, but this is a good demonstration of winter against summer tyres on snow.

    A2_Parada.jpg
    Brett Butler and DrM like this.

  36. #35
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Matlock
    Posts
    44
    Nice little video, if slightly biased towards the winter tyres. Each example shows the BMW on summer tyres being driven poorly in the conditions. Hill start, it's merrily spinning away when we all know you pick a high gear and low revs, other two tests, it's being driven marginally more aggressive than the car on winter tyres.

    I'm not doubting winter tyres effectiveness at all, all I'm saying is that if you drive to the conditions and use a bit of common sense, there's no need to shell out hundreds of pounds on tyres in the winter in this country.

  37. #36
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. Wales, LL22
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I'm not doubting winter tyres effectiveness at all, all I'm saying is that if you drive to the conditions and use a bit of common sense, there's no need to shell out hundreds of pounds on tyres in the winter in this country.
    but i'm not gonna loose any money??? and i can still drive like a nutter in any conditions
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

  38. #37
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    Until you have driven with Winter tyres in Snow/Ice anything un 7c you cannot really comment, all I know is I have seen my car slide down on sheet ice with no one in it and hand brake on just the weight making it move.

    When you are driving down hill on sheet ice/compact snow and the only way to stop before you hit something is to kerb it, you will appeciate winter tyres then.

    Good quality Winter tyres just work and are far better, you can kid yourself all you want, but the one time you may need them they will save you a lot more than you can imagine. They are cheaper. I save enough to even pay for the swap over of a tenner a wheel.
    Mercedes even gave me a 5% discount on my insurance for using Winter tyres.

  39. #38
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by RS3copilot View Post
    I used Yokohama Parada 2s on my A2, but NOT on winter snow/ice thank you.

    For a laugh, check out: ► BMW X3 Winter Tyres 2011 - YouTube

    OK, I know they're BMW's but then they do tend to suffer worse, but this is a good demonstration of winter against summer tyres on snow.

    A2_Parada.jpg
    Tbh those BM winter tyres are not the best by a long way either

  40. #39
    monkeyboy_marcus's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    275

    Clarification...

    Quote Originally Posted by 45bvtc View Post
    November 25th 2012 and the forecast is for a seriously cold winter...

    Now I know that there are guys out there who want there RS3 to go faster, sound louder, etc, but I beg you to consider your safety and that of your RS3 first: on that cold, dark, frosty, snowy winters night when temperatures are around freezing an below, then you'll have one of two faces: 1) smiley because you've spent your hard earned on a set of grippy winter tyres, or 2) sad because you're still using your 'summer' tyres and failed to stop or grip on the slippy stuff.

    Your choice is as shown:

    P1010641.jpg

    Oh, and I've done exactly the same with my wife's TT, I just can't afford the accident/damage/time/etc!

    PS: These round rubber things are your only contact with the road! Think about it (PLEASE).
    I'm trying to source some winter tyres but am having some issues sourcing correct spec tyres. As I understand it, the front takes 235/35/19/Z and the rear takes 225/35/19/Z - taken off the actual tyres. However, RSR Tyres in Coulsdon/Croydon tells me that they cannot supply matching tyres and that the rear tyres should not more narrow than the front. I've also noticed that there is reference on this forum to people running 235 front and rear... I've had Coulsdon Audi offering me a set for £1500.00 excl. VAT i.e. £375.00/tyre, which is more expensive than anything I can find listed. Any advice appreciated!

  41. #40
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    N. Wales, LL22
    Posts
    1,224
    get the winter tyre specs off the fuel flap, and expect to buy some 18"s
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winter Tyres; Summer Tyres. Should I bother and why?
    By The Maestro in forum General Automotive Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26th April 2010, 22:40
  2. Winter Tyres & Wheels
    By stevehall in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11th January 2010, 14:24
  3. Winter Tyres
    By lewis in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 4th December 2008, 21:47
  4. winter tyres
    By tracer in forum Handling
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10th November 2006, 16:09
  5. Winter Tyres
    By howatsi in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th October 2005, 13:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO