EM TuningBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Problem's with pads and tyre's

As you can see from the title above I am having so issues on my Audi rs3 with the brakes and the tyres.

The problem I am having with the pads is they seem no to be gripping the disc fully so on Monday I contacted Audi assistance and they sent a guy from the RAC out.

He checked the discs and said that they were fine but the pads looked cracked in a few places!
    He advised me to not drive the car, so since then Audi have collected the car to take it in and still I haven't received the car back.

Has anyone had problems with cracked pads?

The car has only done 1400 miles and the first 1000 miles were steady to run the car in & I haven't been that hard on the brakes to over heat them.

My second issue is that the tyres have started to brake away at the edge, I think it is down to under steer on the car but Audi don't think it is anything to do with the car.

Please could you advise on any of the above as I don't seem to be getting any where with Audi Stockport.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mcentee525 View Post
    As you can see from the title above I am having so issues on my Audi rs3 with the brakes and the tyres.

The problem I am having with the pads is they seem no to be gripping the disc fully so on Monday I contacted Audi assistance and they sent a guy from the RAC out.

He checked the discs and said that they were fine but the pads looked cracked in a few places!
    He advised me to not drive the car, so since then Audi have collected the car to take it in and still I haven't received the car back.

Has anyone had problems with cracked pads?

The car has only done 1400 miles and the first 1000 miles were steady to run the car in & I haven't been that hard on the brakes to over heat them.

My second issue is that the tyres have started to brake away at the edge, I think it is down to under steer on the car but Audi don't think it is anything to do with the car.

Please could you advise on any of the above as I don't seem to be getting any where with Audi Stockport.

Thanks
    sounds like you are spanking the ******** out of it

there have been a couple of reports of tyres failing as you have described when driving to the total limit

i suspect upgraded pads and better rubber will cure it

3rd Gear

Status
    Just shows you how much thought, and how rushed this car was, even penny pinching, to compete with 1M, if this becomes common pretty bad after such a low milage.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Butler View Post
    Just shows you how much thought, and how rushed this car was, even penny pinching, to compete with 1M, if this becomes common pretty bad after such a low milage.
    Not been a probleme for me and is the first one of its kind I have read Brett
    NOW...another similar RS3?!? ...Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light & rain sensor pack, black exhaust tips and now Scorpion decat pipes and MPSS rubber!

REFUNDED - Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light and rain sensor pack.

GONE - S3 SB BE - '10 plate in Ibis with Buckets; RNS-E; tech & comfort pack; Revo stage 1; Milltek TBE; BBS CK 19's in Anthracite on Asseymetric rubber!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by elton121272 View Post
    Not been a probleme for me and is the first one of its kind I have read Brett
    First I've heard of pads?! Seems really odd? Chase Audi see what they say.

The Conti's dont seem to last that long when driven hardish...
    Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Privacy - New Brakes
    VW California GP 180 DSG "Candy"

1st Gear

Status
    No issues with tyres or pads.
    the brakes are epic - at no time have I felt the brakes were insufficient.
    Contis seem good in all weather/ situations.
    always had contis on my vehicles.
    2012 RS3 Daytona grey - VW T5 Transporter 4motion 130 - VW UP!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseypaul View Post
    No issues with tyres or pads.
    the brakes are epic - at no time have I felt the brakes were insufficient.
    Contis seem good in all weather/ situations.
    always had contis on my vehicles.
    Do you find the Conti's noisy tho?
    Ibis RS3 - Buckets - Bose - Black Ed - Privacy - New Brakes
    VW California GP 180 DSG "Candy"

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm not sure if this will help, but my brakes have developed a squeaking sound mostly as i'm bringing the car to a halt. I have driven the car very carefully for the first 1000miles, so not needed to use the brakes harshly. I have booked the car in with Audi, who informed me that the ABS controller needs to be updated, so don't know if this is a general recall...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzuka62 View Post
    I'm not sure if this will help, but my brakes have developed a squeaking sound mostly as i'm bringing the car to a halt. I have driven the car very carefully for the first 1000miles, so not needed to use the brakes harshly. I have booked the car in with Audi, who informed me that the ABS controller needs to be updated, so don't know if this is a general recall...
    I have posted my resolution to this issue several times before, i.e., front brake squeal on the RS3 (and TTRS) begins at 1000-miles, or so; and is especially loud when coming to a standstill, and is very common.

There is a very simple resolution that works for me, though not practiced by Audi, for now: though I have spoken to Stafford Audi about this issue and resolution relative to other Audi cars that are suffering a similar problem e.g. the Q5.

I applied Copperslip to my front brake pads @ 1000-miles and the issue/problem has not returned @ 3500-miles.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrG View Post
    Do you find the Conti's noisy tho?
    yes there is a bit of a whining harmonic at above 40mph.
    my main tyre gripe is I wish the rear tyres had a squarer profile on the rim.
    the side wall is angled inwards, I guess to miss the arch liner when the suspension is compressed.
    Will try something different upon replacement.
    2012 RS3 Daytona grey - VW T5 Transporter 4motion 130 - VW UP!