Insurance Query

Chris-32T

Reaction score
Hi

Just a quick one i have rang my insurance provider to let them know that i will be changing cars shortly and have been told that if i want to continue on with there cover it is mandatory that i have a tracker fitted beforehand, and also my premium went up by £150 now the raise in premium I'm not to concerned about as the car is worth a lot more than the Golf, and i was going to get a tracker fitted at a later date anyway, but I'm just wondering have your insurance companies said this to you or is it just my provider ??

Which by the way are Sky Insurance

Cheers

Chris

Do they mean a theft tracker such as cobratrak? Or do they mean the new big brother style lets see how fast you drive tracker?

Sorry they mean a theft tracker, which don't get me wrong is a good thing but refusing to insure the car until that happens is a bit s**t tbh.

Typical from Sky....Bully Boy Tactics.

Ask them if they want to do business with you or not ? If not tell them to get stuffed.

I think later you will probably hear the same advice.

Ah so they are known for this ??

Only been with them a short while and they were brilliant regarding the golf and no one could get close to there premium they also gave me an agreed valuation with the golf which was a big plus for me.

Can i just ask who are you guys currently insured with because i may be going elsewhere.

I'm with sainsburys insurance and they were cheapest by a long way and never mentioned any additional security

Think more Insurance companys are stipulating trackers now for theft cover, mate of mine was insured with sainsbury's on his M3 changed mid-term for a newer Car (both e92 M3s) and they wouldn't cover him for theft until he got a tracker on the new one although that could be down to watchdog highlighting the BMW thefts though the OBC. I'm with admiral on a multi-car policy no tracker needed and one of the few companies that would insure the GT-R without a tracker and also the cheapest by a couple of Hundred. If your keeping the Golf as well may be worth looking at multi-car as they are quite good on mods and you can add the other car later.

Typical from Sky....Bully Boy Tactics.

Ask them if they want to do business with you or not ? If not tell them to get stuffed.

I think later you will probably hear the same advice.

Excuse me? You are aware we are an insurance broker? The tracker requirement comes directly from the insurance underwriter, it's rare we are asked for this, usually on high value vehicles and in high risk areas.

The OP is welcome to PM me and I'll look into the request further.

Thanks

Car Club Insurance Scheme from Sky Insurance

I am with Privilege after my 7 days complimentary runs out. Admiral quoted really well too.

I was disappointed with Greenlight as they basically told me that they don't insure vehicles of this value! This was before I gave any personal details so it wasnt related to me, purely they had no underwriters to sell for at that level.

I wasn't told I needed a tracker with either Privilege or Admiral.

Insurance query now resolved :) will be in touch once i get back from work on the 24th.

Big thanks to Ollie & Nicola from Sky Insurance

Cheers

Chris

Last edited:
I am with Privilege after my 7 days complimentary runs out.

Me too .. went on GoCompare and they were cheapest for me by some margin .. could'nt believe the quote, but it was true :racer:

071c6ce1.jpg

Looks like Privilege is gonna get a lot of our business.

Me too .. went on GoCompare and they were cheapest for me by some margin .. could'nt believe the quote, but it was true :racer:

071c6ce1.jpg

850 excess!!!!

Think I will stick with admiral 420pa and 100 excess

I asked about how much my premium would go down if i fitted a tracker with my RS4..... they said £20 a year!

Maybe not then!

We've swapped to Multicar and no one mentioned a tracker.