Volks AutosBadger5
Results 1 to 22 of 22
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By knobby

Thread: RS3 GoPro movie - First Attempt...

  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    151

    RS3 GoPro movie - First Attempt...

    Wanted to capture some video of my RS3 and have a play with my GoPro.

    Well heres attempt one... Its a little slow.. Didn't know how strong the suction cup was so took it steady.

    Will try attempt two soon and get some full power runs next time.



    GvZ and RedDejavu like this.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    31
    Want

  4. #3
    MBK
    MBK's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Neath
    Posts
    1,156
    Go Pro cameras are great aren't they.

    You can trust the suction cup to hold, I've used them on many track days at up to around 130mph. The only time one ever came unstuck was when I mounted it on the wing and managed to clip a cone with it - the track day people found the camera for me later and it still works perfectly to this day.

  5. #4
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    love it mate.. ive been playing with my go pros quite a bit now, and cant wait to try it out on my RS3 as soon as it turns up sound although good, is not quite right on them, so i can highly recommend an external condensing mic.... (with windtech mm1 muffler)! That also allows you to record sound from a different location to viewpoint. Love your footage though mate, looks nice. What res/fps did you have it set to?
    ANother minor thing i bought the other day for the go pro was a polar pro polarisation filter, which helps the white out effect you get from the camera trying to adjust at speed to changes in brightness.. Makes the colour look a bit richer too.
    My main problem with the Gopro though - I've only got two of them, which still isnt enough!
    Last edited by quattro81; 9th September 2012 at 00:49.
    Red is the colour..

  6. #5
    RYes3's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    730

    RS3 GoPro movie - First Attempt...

    Awesome! Tempted to try this myself!
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

  7. #6
    Cruiser89's Avatar
    Advanced In Car Technologies

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bournemouth, Dorset
    Posts
    1,425

    My Social Networking

    Follow Cruiser89 On Twitter Add Cruiser89 on Facebook Visit Cruiser89's Youtube Channel Visit Cruiser89's Instagram Channel
    Looks awesome bud!M

    What about a shot looking at one of your side mirrors at an angle so you can see everything wizzing past in the next one? Think that would look awesome!!!

    Tim - Project & Marketing Manager of Advanced In-Car Technologies LTD. An Audi Approved OEM / Retrofit Specialist Company. All views expressed are my own and bear no reflection on Advanced In Car Tech.




    Audi A3 For Sale: 2011 Audi A3 1.8TFSI Black Edition. Low Mileage. Great Condition. Manuf Warranty
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-wanted-audi-cars/219560-sale-2011-audi-a3-1-8tfsi-black-edition-low-mileage-great-condition-manuf-warranty.html

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    151
    Thanks... Yeah I agree some sort of funky mirror shot would look good..

    I've just ordered the following, which after reading up will really help with the Audi side of things. I use it on my mountain bike/road bike so can use it with that too.

    HD Skeleton Housing
    Windtech MM1 softie
    Audio Technica Pro-24CM

    Might have to treat myself to one of the new GoPro's soon.. Mines a Hero HD, the footage was filmed in 720P 60fps, some scenes were filmed with my iPhone (could you tell?).

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    151
    Oh and a polar pro polarisation filter, they look really good.. watched a few reviews. Will work when i'm surfing too!

  10. #9
    JonnyG's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    218
    Loving the sound of that !

    Look forward to watching more ... I reckon early evening (dusk) may be a good time ?

  11. #10
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by knobby View Post
    Thanks... Yeah I agree some sort of funky mirror shot would look good..

    I've just ordered the following, which after reading up will really help with the Audi side of things. I use it on my mountain bike/road bike so can use it with that too.

    HD Skeleton Housing
    Windtech MM1 softie
    Audio Technica Pro-24CM

    Might have to treat myself to one of the new GoPro's soon.. Mines a Hero HD, the footage was filmed in 720P 60fps, some scenes were filmed with my iPhone (could you tell?).
    Good choices - I have the audio technica pro24 cm and the windtech softie! One thing i would say for the audiotechnica is that Ram-mount do a suction mount for it, otherwise you might struggle to find a way of attaching it to your car, also get an extension lead for it as the one supplied with it is very short..
    And mine are all Hero 2's! - they're epic! there's a seller on ebay who has 1000 of them so is listing them with full motorsports kit for £189 delivered! Bargain.. Still looks good with the original Hero HD though
    Red is the colour..

  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyG View Post
    Loving the sound of that !

    Look forward to watching more ... I reckon early evening (dusk) may be a good time ?
    I was thinking the same.. Will try it next time..

    Quote Originally Posted by quattro81 View Post
    Good choices - I have the audio technica pro24 cm and the windtech softie! One thing i would say for the audiotechnica is that Ram-mount do a suction mount for it, otherwise you might struggle to find a way of attaching it to your car, also get an extension lead for it as the one supplied with it is very short..
    And mine are all Hero 2's! - they're epic! there's a seller on ebay who has 1000 of them so is listing them with full motorsports kit for £189 delivered! Bargain.. Still looks good with the original Hero HD though
    I've been searching most of the afternoon for a mount for it.. Don't suppose you have a link?

  13. #12
    Omniquito's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    55
    I am absolutely loving the "exhaust cam" but not for the visuals... that sound is amazing!

  14. #13
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniquito View Post
    I am absolutely loving the "exhaust cam" but not for the visuals... that sound is amazing!
    wait till you hear that exhaust with a proper stereo condensing mic - not as "boomy" but you get such a raw, true sound as it rips up the rev range!
    Red is the colour..

  15. #14
    monkeyboy_marcus's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    275
    You've inspired me - bought a GoPro HD Hero camera on ebay yesterday! Looking forward to a good drive and loading up a movie.

    Other reason was to film/record the brake squeal and give a recording to Audi who apparently can't seem to replicate it, although it happens at almost every light/roundabout etc for me. Been told they refaced the discs but that made no difference...

  16. #15
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    151
    My new setup turned up today.. a new GoPro HEROHD2 and the Audio-Technica Pro-24CM Compact Stereo Condenser Microphone with softie (waiting for new better softie to turn up). Will continue using my old GoPro HeroHD to shoot additional footage. Looking forward to testing it out at the weekend..

    Big thanks to Quattro81, the mic screwed straight onto the Delkin Devices Fat Gecko mount.. I won't need the adapters but handy to have around.



  17. #16
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy_marcus View Post
    You've inspired me - bought a GoPro HD Hero camera on ebay yesterday! Looking forward to a good drive and loading up a movie.

    Other reason was to film/record the brake squeal and give a recording to Audi who apparently can't seem to replicate it, although it happens at almost every light/roundabout etc for me. Been told they refaced the discs but that made no difference...
    Good Work... Looking forward to seeing others footage..

  18. #17
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    195
    Knobby..........Looking forward to seeing your first feature film with all that equipment.

    Have you chosen a leading lady to play alongside your good self. hope to hear some good tunes played with your exhaust as an extra.

    I've found playing around 5th gear gives some pleasing notes.

  19. #18
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    617
    suction is suppose to work to 200 mph, they use it on airplane wings

  20. #19
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    207
    Looks like a cool set-up Knobby,

    But as ive already posted on the R32oc.................. where is the next instalment!!!!!!!

  21. #20
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    151
    On holiday at the moment.. So will have to wait until I get back.. First attempt with the new mic didn't go well. Need to play some more.

  22. #21
    quattro81's Avatar
    All the gear.. No idea

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by knobby View Post
    On holiday at the moment.. So will have to wait until I get back.. First attempt with the new mic didn't go well. Need to play some more.
    did you have some mic issues? You usually have to edit the audio back up as the recording level of the audiotechnicas is pretty low - i have to go to 500% if i use iMovie or similar... If you need some help, pm me bud ( although my internet is all over the place due to moving house so dont expect an instant response)
    Red is the colour..

  23. #22
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    151
    Finding it hard to find time to get out and do the recordings.

    I might be selling the new Mic if anyone is interested..

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. My first attempt at light trails.
    By Mick a3 in forum Photography & The Digital Darkroom
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26th October 2009, 08:58
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12th October 2009, 23:45
  3. finally the new car and my first attempt at a detail!
    By Hitharder in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 5th August 2009, 20:40
  4. First attempt at detailing
    By col6821 in forum Detailing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9th January 2008, 10:02
  5. First attempt on my A3
    By Craigybaby37_A3quattro in forum Detailing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 4th January 2008, 20:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO