Volks AutosSky Insurance
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By warren_S5

Thread: RS3 Alu mirror covers

Reverse Gear

Status

RS3 Alu mirror covers

Can anybody tell/show me how to remove these mirror covers...new RS3 that somebody hit and tried to bodge re-fitting the drivers side mirror cover...trying to avoid buying a new one as £many from Audi parts.
    It does look like they clip on but maybe some clips or screws...want to be sure before I attempt it.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

7th Gear

Status
    I guess this is not covered as part of a warrantee repair? I have the folding mirrors & hope I don't have to have them fixed, despite odd occasion that I still forget to fold them in. No doubt the clot who hit them did not leave there details. If they did I would make them pay!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HullRs3 View Post
    I guess this is not covered as part of a warrantee repair? I have the folding mirrors & hope I don't have to have them fixed, despite odd occasion that I still forget to fold them in. No doubt the clot who hit them did not leave there details. If they did I would make them pay!
    I have folding mirrors too - only had the car a couple of weeks - mine don't fold when I'm moving, only when I'm stationary. Is this normal?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy_marcus View Post
    I have folding mirrors too - only had the car a couple of weeks - mine don't fold when I'm moving, only when I'm stationary. Is this normal?
    Yes, unlike the older VAG cars they wont fold in if you're doing any speed. Pain in the arse on country roads as unless you come to a standstill you can fold in. I had my mirror twatted by some bint in a Focus when car was 6 days old, but luckily I got away with casing damage and replaced it. I've been meaning to speak to Nige (NHN) on here about whether we can do a work around in the coding on VCDS.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wright1965 View Post
    Can anybody tell/show me how to remove these mirror covers...new RS3 that somebody hit and tried to bodge re-fitting the drivers side mirror cover...trying to avoid buying a new one as £many from Audi parts.
    It does look like they clip on but maybe some clips or screws...want to be sure before I attempt it.

Thanks
    The other day you posted in another thread that you had an S3 Sportback: New S3 Sportback door mirror problem...help needed please?

Today the Sportback has now miraculously evolved into a RS3.

All your posts are about mirrors, so I'm becoming more and more concerned you're a mirror thief and not an owner.

Anyone who buys a 61 plate S3 or RS3 can afford new mirrors; and can pull a warranty claim if there is something mechanically wrong with them so hence why you can read into my concerns. NHN Nige described to you on the S3 thread how you to unclip the caps, so I'm now even more twitchy.
    Last edited by warren_S5; 1st September 2012 at 18:15.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes...you're right...smart a..s!...my cover is blown...

Short Back

Status
    so instead of posting a picture, you get tetchy with Mods? that'll work ...NOT.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wright1965 View Post
    Yes...you're right...smart a..s!...my cover is blown...
    Because I have the pleasure of reading all the posts in the A3/S3/RS3 threads patterns soon emerge. Im just intrigued by the fact the car changed, and as one of the guardians of this sections it's my responsibility to question anything that does seem to add up. Nothing personal.
    quattro81 and Artimus like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Because I have the pleasure of reading all the posts in the A3/S3/RS3 threads patterns soon emerge. Im just intrigued by the fact the car changed, and as one of the guardians of this sections it's my responsibility to question anything that does seem to add up. Nothing personal.
    Nice spot! Thanks for the info regarding the mirrors too, bit annoying that you can't adjust when driving, as this was quite a useful feature in the old Scirocco, especially down narrow lanes etc.