RS3 future?

RYes3

Reaction score
Hey,

With the launch of the new generation A3, what do you think Audi have planned in the way of the RS3? Will this just be a single run on the 8P chassis or is the RS3 here to stay?

I'm a 2012 S3 customer and although I am completely in love with the car I am already planning the next purchase :)

What will await me in 2-3 years? Will I be looking at a used purchase of an RS3 or will there be a new generation available?

What do you guy's think?

Hmm, that may be the news I was after!

I would have thought the 8V S3 wouldn't have been that far away though?

I was tempted to buy another RS3, but the B8 S4 is a superb piece of kit. Its feels look much more solid than the 8P.
My only wish would be for an S4 with the 2.5TFSI engine :)

8P A3 was released Sept 2003? S3 didn't arrive until Sept 2006?

I had thought that, but then again there is already spy shots of them testing the 8V S3 floating around??

I was tempted to buy another RS3, but the B8 S4 is a superb piece of kit. Its feels look much more solid than the 8P.
My only wish would be for an S4 with the 2.5TFSI engine :)
im sure if you decide to remap and add a new pulley it will sure make you forget about the 2.5tfsi lump from all i have read on other b8/8.5 s4 forums.

It takes time to train the guys on the production line for all the different variations on there station, so they start with the volume selling cars, then over time add the lower selling models, this also gives more testing time for these models, this should also generate the most in sales as they are the most commonly sold models

Normally top end sports and cabrios are the last to be added to the line

RS models are normally low volume run out models (halo cars) which often have to be pulled off the line to be modified to make the parts fit (this certainly happened for the B5 RS4 and the RS3)

When or if Audi make a new RS3 car is anyone guess, look how many times the car was rumoured in the past and never materialised. If its a normal model ie no body mods it could be reasonably soon (but why have an S and an RS model ?) if its a limited run car it will come at the end of the run so 6-10 years time

Reactions: RYes3
Audi are on another 500 run, 2 so far, but the one thing woeth looking out for is a salaooon version of the A3 with the 2.5 l engine, it is a concept car, and looks very nice.

Personally I would not buy an RS3 for that reason on an old platform, but most of all old tech in t he car. if it had a lot of new tech in the car the old platform with the 2.5 would not bother me so much. still do not like the fact it is 5 door though

I think it will be a long long time before a new RS3 ... hope so anyway :sm4:

Audi are on another 500 run, 2 so far,

The first run was 500, the second run is only 200 and sold out within days?

I would say it will be at least 3 years before the next RS3 if at all, you are a long time dead, so if you want one buy one now!

The first run was 500, the second run is only 200 and sold out within days?

I would say it will be at least 3 years before the next RS3 if at all, you are a long time dead, so if you want one buy one now!

The PERFECT response...

3257923 2

Reactions: gilford
Love that colour mate! I went for Ibis white in the end, easier to keep clean ;)

S3 8V is previewing at Paris motorshow in the coming weeks; an insider tells me they haope to have it ready for order by mid next year with deliveries starting to arrive before the end of 2013.

As an out of the box car the RS3 is epic performance wise, but I'm intrigued to see how much better the S3 8V is to drive than the S3 8P on MBQ platform. The RS3 8P asks a lot of an old generation chassis/platform which was launched back in 2003.

With BMW launching hot models I can't see the RS3 won't be repeated.

Last edited:
Time will tell I suppose.

I can't see Audi making the S3 8V in the same nieche as the RS3 just as the B8 S4 isn't in with the B7 RS4, it's just not cricket ;)

S3 8V is previewing at Paris motorshow in the coming weeks; an insider tells me they haope to have it ready for order by mid next year with deliveries starting to arrive before the end of 2013.

As an out of the box car the RS3 is epic performance wise, but I'm intrigued to see how much better the S3 8V is to drive than the S3 8P on MBQ platform. The RS3 8P asks a lot of an old generation chassis/platform which was launched back in 2003.

With BMW launching hot models I can't see the RS3 won't be repeated.

Personally think Audi have more from Mercedes to worry about, Iam very interested in the new A class amg 4wd version 2 litres pushing around 330 bhp I think.

Personally think Audi have more from Mercedes to worry about, Iam very interested in the new A class amg 4wd version 2 litres pushing around 330 bhp I think.
Yes .. but it's not as quick, and looks like a shoe:lmfao: - very bmw 1 series hatch.. Audi are the best at avants. And as far as I'm concerned, the RS3 has no direct rival from BMW either - the 1M is a coupe and should therfore be more fairly compared against the TT-RS

Yes .. but it's not as quick, and looks like a shoe:lmfao: - very bmw 1 series hatch.. Audi are the best at avants. And as far as I'm concerned, the RS3 has no direct rival from BMW either - the 1M is a coupe and should therfore be more fairly compared against the TT-RS

But the new 1 m thing is available on all body shapes and has a duel clutch option, starts at 30k dead for sub 5 sec 60s

But the new 1 m thing is available on all body shapes and has a duel clutch option, starts at 30k dead for sub 5 sec 60s
I thought that was the 135i not the 1M..The 1M is coupe only!? .......... and its not a real world option - rear wheel drive is just never gonna be as fast in day to day conditions. We live in the UK, where crap roads and weather are the only constants

... and did i forget to add that the 1 series hatchback is one of the most god-awful butt-ugly abominations that bmw have ever rolled out? The coupe is ok, but I had a real good look round one the other day and the arches and kit look kinda ridiculous in the flesh, all mish-mash and contrived.

Last edited:
That's fine Mr Dave Hedgehoge, if you want a BMW with a stupid wireless keyfob ignition that can be hacked in less than 3 seconds then go by a Beamer, and see how fast it disappears off your drive or out of the of so secure car park you leave it in. I will stick with my RS3 which has a better 0-60 time, still uses a secure key ignition and hasn't got a stupid stop-start engine, auto handbrake and wireless key fob which can be lost, stolen and cloned like the new A3, A4, & most god awful BMW's.
On the subject of the S3, which one of my Uncles has as well as the Audi Quattro 80? (same model as used in Life On Mars), although the RS3 is quicker, I do believe in the future Audi will not do any more RS3's as it was meant to be a short production run. All this talk of a 3 door or a diesel version or a manual version is just wishful thinking as a limited number were produced for each country which took a lot longer than normal. A year for some people, & even if they were to do a limited number of 3d, diesel, or manual then you would have to do at least 500x of each variation for each country. Then do you also try and produce an LPG engine as well, if so then the design and production of the Diesel, the LPG & the 3 door versions would either take longer or need more staff/engineers and more money, in possible a shorter timescale as Audi surely would need to set a realist target shorter than it took the R8 to produce.