AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

RS3 255 optional Front Alloys

Hi

First post here, hopefully looking forward to becoming a new owner. Im just trying to see what options are important. So far I have spec'd the larger of the alloys but will they make any difference?
    Also going for the buckets (had them previously on a R32), light pack, rain sensors + mirrors etc.
    Also if anyone would like to give me an idea of what kind of discount can be had that would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for your help.

Tim L

Ps took one for a test drive last week.. What a machine. I couldn't get over the acceleration, it reminded me of a Evo 8 fq330 my dad had a few years ago!

2. # ADS
    ADS

MBK
    5th Gear

Status
    Sport auto is the only magazine I have seen that has written about the difference they reported the optional 255 front tyres provided even more traction in the wet. The RS3 is stunningly capable in the wet so I'd spec them if that's important to you. Sport auto did also say the 255s exaggerate the handling characteristics of the car in general in the dry - the ultimate handling tendency, like your R32, is understeer though you'll be going mightily quickly before you experience this - I agree with their idea, wider tyres will increase the ultimate corner speed/grip but then also see more understeer when you do exceed the limits.

Good choice on the options, buckets were the only essential for me. The other extras are nice to have but far from essential.

I bought used so can't help much on the new car discount. I'd certainly push for some though and some free servicing. Watch all the add ons like GAP insurance, life shine etc which can all be bought much cheaper if you want them.

1st Gear

Status
    My first car had the stock rims, I specked the 255 on my second car for better wet weather hooning, seams to turn in even more aggressively if that's possible

Must haves for me are

Light pack
    conviniance pack
    Charge point in boot
    cargo net
    5yr warranty
    cruise

BOSE!! - it's brilliant

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks very much for your help lads

I have decided on the following spec:-
    Ibis White
    Black Styling Pack
    Cruise
    Interior light pack
    Privacy Glass
    Light Rain Pack (auto dim mirrors)
    Bose
    Buckets
    standard titanium alloys

I went to see a white one which was at a stealer near me, looked really good. I had the buckets in it, which i had in my R32 (i was thiner!) but now there a bit of a pinch but i think they will be ok.. Need to starve for a few months!!

What do you think?
    Tim L

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    I couldnt do without the dimming mirrors ever again! Didn't realise how much I was used to them til they were not in a car I was driving! Light and rain pack is a massive convenience but not essential (although I spec'd all of it ) buckets for me are a must in the rs3 they just completed it somehow.. Liking the sound of your spec though bud.. When's your build date mate?
    as for discount - you'll be lucky if you get any tbh as they know they aren't really struggling to sell them
    And as an afterthought, I definitely gotta have privacy glass (or "drug dealer glass" as dave puts it ) 'cos when my kids get in the mrs golf with normal windows they complain about burning themselves on the seats if they've been in the sun.. Neither my current a3 (privacy) or q7 (drug dealer glass ) has that problem - makes them a lot cooler too when you first get in, til the other day when, in my wisdom, I left the back windows down to get some air through, promptly both kids burnt their legs on the black leather that had been exposed to direct sun! A small thing, but big in my world!
    Last edited by quattro81; 5th August 2012 at 21:56.
    Red is the colour..

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro81 View Post
    I couldnt do without the dimming mirrors ever again! Didn't realise how much I was used to them til they were not in a car I was driving! Light and rain pack is a massive convenience but not essential (although I spec'd all of it ) buckets for me are a must in the rs3 they just completed it somehow.. Liking the sound of your spec though bud.. When's your build date mate?
    as for discount - you'll be lucky if you get any tbh as they know they aren't really struggling to sell them
    And as an afterthought, I definitely gotta have privacy glass (or "drug dealer glass" as dave puts it ) 'cos when my kids get in the mrs golf with normal windows they complain about burning themselves on the seats if they've been in the sun.. Neither my current a3 (privacy) or q7 (drug dealer glass ) has that problem - makes them a lot cooler too when you first get in, til the other day when, in my wisdom, I left the back windows down to get some air through, promptly both kids burnt their legs on the black leather that had been exposed to direct sun! A small thing, but big in my world!
    Im with you on the buckets, and privacy glass. Still haven't finalised anything yet. I am waiting for a few finance quotes to come through were I am hopefully not getting rip off with 12% on PCP...

Have added the following to the spec now tho:-
    Ibis White
    Extended leather
    Suede controls

Thanks
    Tim L

1st Gear

Status
    the stock car comes with the max legal tint all round, and it matches, nothing worse than the breadvan look having the back end blacked out if you have buckets just keep an eye on the car http://forum.rs246.com/download/file...4128&mode=view

Reverse Gear

Status

Ibis White or Suzuka Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
    the stock car comes with the max legal tint all round, and it matches, nothing worse than the breadvan look having the back end blacked out if you have buckets just keep an eye on the car http://forum.rs246.com/download/file...4128&mode=view
    Thanks for that. Will keep an eye out.

Still undecided on the colour. What do people think about Suzuka Grey insted of Ibis white with the black styling pack?

Thanks

Tim L

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by On Any Sunday View Post
    Thanks for that. Will keep an eye out.

Still undecided on the colour. What do people think about Suzuka Grey insted of Ibis white with the black styling pack?

Thanks

Tim L
    Go for Ibis White with the black styling pack and the tints, Suzuka Grey looks disappointing..

Neutral

Status
    Suzuka all the way for me. Looks awesome with the black styling pack. If I could work out how to upload a pic onto here I could show you.

Status
    Suzuka is nice and rare which could make it more desirable, but at the end of the day you should chose based on what you like so try and get to see them both in the flesh.

I changed from 225/40/18's on my S3 to the OEM RS3 rims running 235/35/19, and I've noted aqua planing is worse, performance on snow is worse, but obviously grip in the dry has improved. Also slight increase in cabin noise on the 235/19's.

There are pros and cons, but personally for me I'm not sure I'd bother going to 255 unless you felt like you were going to be spending a significant % of your time driving on the limit.

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    I shall be mostly driving at 110% warren, so I will heed your advice!
    Red is the colour..

1st Gear

Status
    Nice spec,almost same as this

Reverse Gear

Status

Ordered!

Have just put the deposit down today!

I went for the following spec:-

Suzuka grey
    Black Styling Pack
    Cruise
    Interior light pack
    Privacy Glass
    Bose
    Buckets
    standard titanium alloys

Cant wait!
    Thanks for the help.

Tim L

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Lovely spec guys

1st Gear

Status

RS3 255 optional Front Alloys

Quote Originally Posted by On Any Sunday View Post
    Have just put the deposit down today!

I went for the following spec:-

Suzuka grey
    Black Styling Pack
    Cruise
    Interior light pack
    Privacy Glass
    Bose
    Buckets
    standard titanium alloys

Cant wait!
    Thanks for the help.

Tim L
    I would add the black roof rails

Car looks much better with them IMO

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
    Nice spec,almost same as this
    They are just awesome looking cars..........for me Ibis White all the way. Here's hoping the next year flies by then hopefully one of these will be mine.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    They are just awesome looking cars..........for me Ibis White all the way. Here's hoping the next year flies by then hopefully one of these will be mine.
    It wont be this one Brodster,I'm hoping this will be my last car..off to clean it again,hasn't been done since monday.!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Dear All,

I am a new comer here, but in HK, there is no such option to choose 255/30/R19 for front tire. What I want to ask is this size is in fact smaller than the rear (225/35R19) in terms of diameter? Will this setting impact the original idea of easing the understeer of RS3?

Fanshu
    2007 VW Golf GTI (M PSS)+ 2012 Audi RS3(M PSS)