Does your exhaust rattle on cold start?

jerseypaul

Reaction score
Hi gang.

When I start the car in the morning the exhaust or maybe the valve sounds a bit rattley to me.
it quiets down after 20 - 30 seconds.
thought it could be the valve "cycling" if switched off with the sport button down.
let me know if you notice the same.
cheers.

Same here... I thought it was something grinding at first but i'm pretty certain it's the exhaust rattling. Seems to get worse if I pull away immediately before the engine idles just below 1k rpm

The software update available fixes alot of cold start issues Audi told me, so maybe worth while going into Audi with your cars

Hope this helps

Car was in today for the recall.Software upgrade to " various systems" as the paperwork described.The brake duct mod also carried out - see pics below.The VW Up loaner was pretty good too.Brake duct in wheel arch liner:
7c9e5bc5cfc1dd83c2d1ee73bbf7c1b6.jpg
Front grille mod - holes added
5c9d10025a78da94bd78669c2a681e7c.jpg

Forgot to add, the exhaust seemed quieter but will need to check from a proper cold start.I can start the car without the break pedal also.

brake duct mod ?what was the problem there ?pls explain top & bottom pics >> thx
Hi mate. UK spec RS3 have had a recall notice.A temp differential was found between the front brakes in certain situations.Also reports of noisy exhausts has resulted in a software mod to adjust settings in some way.The UK offside front grille ( left as you look ate the front ) had some extra holes created - bottom pic.The top picture shows some new ducts/louvres that we're placed to the wheel arch liner.Not sure if all variants/manufacture dates of RS3's have the same mods.A few on here have.

Just rang my local audi service centre.

Booked my car in for a check-up and update on those issues...

I've just picked up a brand new RS3 ... my dealer had done all software updates / recalls ..

My engine revs quite high for 30 seconds but no exhaust rattle ... maybe the idle speed is the software fix ?

I've just picked up a brand new RS3 ... my dealer had done all software updates / recalls ..

My engine revs quite high for 30 seconds but no exhaust rattle ... maybe the idle speed is the software fix ?

Yes mine has always had the slightly higher rpm for 30 secs during LCD start, even before recall mod.

I think they may have parked the exhaust flap for the mod maybe.

It seems to have a different noise although I wouldn't describe it as quieter.

My car is at Stafford Audi today or it's first service; oil and filter change. The only mod being undertaken is the brake ducting, nothing else, and I've had Stafford Audi check again today to make sure my car is not listed for any of the other changes some of you guys have listed: time will tell, of course.

PS: got a NEW S5 as a loan car: 2-litre petrol with manual 6-speed box - you don't want to know… I'll have the RS3 back tonight, YES!