Ride Quality

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Hi guys

Just thought I would post this on here. I've popped in from the S3 forum and would like your opinions on overall ride and handling on the 19" wheels as I have an opportunity to get a set of the 19s off a TTRS which are the same wheels as on the RS3. My S3 is Ibis White which I think looks great with the darker rotor wheels. Your views please guys.

Hi guys

Just thought I would post this on here. I've popped in from the S3 forum and would like your opinions on overall ride and handling on the 19" wheels as I have an opportunity to get a set of the 19s off a TTRS which are the same wheels as on the RS3. My S3 is Ibis White which I think looks great with the darker rotor wheels. Your views please guys.

Hi mate.
RS3 suspension/chassis setup is like driving a different car compared to the S3.
The ride on the RS3 is great - firm, supple damping but not rock solid.
Be hard for RS3 owners to separate out the 19" wheel variable.
they look great though, just wish the tyres could accommodate a squarer profile side wall, especially the rears.
Good luck with the new purchase.

i had an 11 S3 as a loan car till my car came

I was shocked at how bad the S3s ride is compared to the RS3s especially as it has 19" rims and has a fraction of the body roll, theres no crashing or bouncing about like the S3 does and it doesnt get out of shape like the S3 does under heavy breaking

i would imagine reducing the tyre wall deapth on the S3 will do nothing to improve the ride

Cheers for the heads up. I knew ride quality would be compromised. I have a set of H&R lowering springs coming if I go for the wheels. Just need to weigh up the pros and cons for them. And as they are a straight swap for my S3's wheels seems a good idea.