Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ZACK
  • 1 Post By Alex C

Thread: MPG

  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Republic of Mancunia
    Posts
    108

    MPG

    Asking for my mate for when his arrives!

    Whats everyone getting mpg wise?

    Cheers

    Whitey

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Staffs
    Posts
    20
    I've had three tanks full of Shell V-Power and have got 225 miles to the tank which is about 60 litres.
    Hardly any motorway driving mostly start-stops with about 4 mile trips, so this is reall urban driving scenario.
    I'm keeping a spreadsheet for my own interest so ask me in a few months for an update
    whitey likes this.

  4. #3
    Alex C's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lizard, Cornwall
    Posts
    2,595
    ZACK likes this.
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

  5. #4
    jerseypaul's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Jersey - Channel Isles
    Posts
    242

    Unhappy

    Computer says 27 average.
    all urban / extra urban in Jersey.
    My old RS2 was 11 - 14 mpg - shocking
    2012 RS3 Daytona grey - VW T5 Transporter 4motion 130 - VW UP!

  6. #5
    king84's Avatar
    Spartacus

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    10
    97 A4 2.8 V6 Quattro. I usually get 375-250, but I'm sure I can hit over 400 no problem. Seattle, Washington.

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    292
    On my long 440 mile journey home with my new baby I averaged 28.4mpg crusing between 70-90mph. My normal daily journeys however is averaging 16-20mpg.

    My S3 average 21.4 during the 13k I put on her, so if I can get 18mpg from the RS3 through daily spirited driving habits I'll be happy with that.
    NOW...another similar RS3?!? ...Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light & rain sensor pack, black exhaust tips and now Scorpion decat pipes and MPSS rubber!

    REFUNDED - Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light and rain sensor pack.

    GONE - S3 SB BE - '10 plate in Ibis with Buckets; RNS-E; tech & comfort pack; Revo stage 1; Milltek TBE; BBS CK 19's in Anthracite on Asseymetric rubber!

  8. #7
    CarrG's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    260
    Mines done 1200mls now and best so far is 22mpg with urban driving.

    Didnt Audi quote 31mpg lol

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrG View Post
    Mines done 1200mls now and best so far is 22mpg with urban driving.

    Didnt Audi quote 31mpg lol
    Its a bit like the Calsberg advert - the seller says the ve-h-hi-cle is capable of 39mpg......the purchaser, under the influence of adrenalin says WTF, who cares........

    But the reality is...... if anything less than 20mpg is a genuine concern then you bought the wrong car or you live in a place where 97+ Ron is in dollars $......so lets be at least accurate and consistent with the commentary and forget the mpg - yes the mpg is important, yes its mega costly compared to a Ford Fiesta (or aircraft carrier for that matter) and..... yes its very difficult to justify as a reps company car but who cares, I'm no rep.........I told my paper boy it averages 8mpg and he said - w-aaa---lllll and then a--wwweso...meeee and he belived me because its not just an audi........or an S.....or even a 450bhp RS5 which looks the dogs....but because its the unknown carbon fibre wing'd legacy of an RS on a potentially final outing......which is why we all smile when we get the second glance from fellow Audi owners - some think.....no-o-o-o-o-oooooo way there are only a few in the country.....some think, yeah its the cheap mans RS with only 2 exhausts, some even think its best option Audi can come up with before the new model comes out - but to answer all those critics and those who have sampled and tried this beautiful avant looking sportback as a deliberate wolf in sheeps clothing , let me say this - "Whitey" to answer your mates question, when his RS3 finally arrives - if he is your real mate and he sinks the metal, you should be thinking life insurance before an mpg consuption!!
    NOW...another similar RS3?!? ...Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light & rain sensor pack, black exhaust tips and now Scorpion decat pipes and MPSS rubber!

    REFUNDED - Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light and rain sensor pack.

    GONE - S3 SB BE - '10 plate in Ibis with Buckets; RNS-E; tech & comfort pack; Revo stage 1; Milltek TBE; BBS CK 19's in Anthracite on Asseymetric rubber!

  10. #9
    CarrG's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by elton121272 View Post
    Its a bit like the Calsberg advert - the seller says the ve-h-hi-cle is capable of 39mpg......the purchaser, under the influence of adrenalin says WTF, who cares........

    But the reality is...... if anything less than 20mpg is a genuine concern then you bought the wrong car or you live in a place where 97+ Ron is in dollars $......so lets be at least accurate and consistent with the commentary and forget the mpg - yes the mpg is important, yes its mega costly compared to a Ford Fiesta (or aircraft carrier for that matter) and..... yes its very difficult to justify as a reps company car but who cares, I'm no rep.........I told my paper boy it averages 8mpg and he said - w-aaa---lllll and then a--wwweso...meeee and he belived me because its not just an audi........or an S.....or even a 450bhp RS5 which looks the dogs....but because its the unknown carbon fibre wing'd legacy of an RS on a potentially final outing......which is why we all smile when we get the second glance from fellow Audi owners - some think.....no-o-o-o-o-oooooo way there are only a few in the country.....some think, yeah its the cheap mans RS with only 2 exhausts, some even think its best option Audi can come up with before the new model comes out - but to answer all those critics and those who have sampled and tried this beautiful avant looking sportback as a deliberate wolf in sheeps clothing , let me say this - "Whitey" to answer your mates question, when his RS3 finally arrives - if he is your real mate and he sinks the metal, you should be thinking life insurance before an mpg consuption!!
    Are you drunk lol

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    292

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrG View Post
    Are you drunk lol
    Yeah I was mate.....how could you tell :-) .....I've read that post back twice and have no idea what it means and I'm still laughing. Never a good idea to go online when you are p**sed!!
    NOW...another similar RS3?!? ...Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light & rain sensor pack, black exhaust tips and now Scorpion decat pipes and MPSS rubber!

    REFUNDED - Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light and rain sensor pack.

    GONE - S3 SB BE - '10 plate in Ibis with Buckets; RNS-E; tech & comfort pack; Revo stage 1; Milltek TBE; BBS CK 19's in Anthracite on Asseymetric rubber!

  12. #11
    CarrG's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by elton121272 View Post
    Yeah I was mate.....how could you tell :-) .....I've read that post back twice and have no idea what it means and I'm still laughing. Never a good idea to go online when you are p**sed!!
    I told my paper boy it averages 8mpg and he said - w-aaa---lllll and then a--wwweso...meeee and he belived me because its not just an audi........

    Well made me laugh mate, funny as. Sounds like my 4yr old

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. TDI 170 PD MPG - DIS / MPG accuracy? (pessimistic)
    By c_w in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11th December 2010, 16:30
  2. Best ever mpg - 74!
    By s-line stu in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd May 2010, 12:22
  3. a4 mpg!!!!!!
    By tommyt2 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 5th February 2007, 22:50
  4. 1.8T MPG
    By cha1n in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 1st March 2006, 15:36
  5. MPG on 2.0T
    By d3fy in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11th February 2006, 21:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO