RS buckets body coloured backrest

quattro81

All the gear.. No idea
Reaction score
So.... At the moment I have spec'd buckets with exclusive quilted stitching.. I have seen a few pics of the buckets now, and there is one minor thing I don't like (everyone feel free to groan, I know I'm fussy!).. On the backrest of the seat, the centre part comes in piano finish, but the side bits are still in that kind of naff looking grey plastic.. In order to have them completely in black (or body colour which in my case would be misano red) it is priced as below
b4a587d2.jpg

now the seats already come in at just under £5k:scared2: and adding another £2k to this just seems utter madness! Anyone got any thoughts on how I can get this done cheaper, if that's possible at all.. Or am I just gonna have to dig deep and shell out? I should point out that failure is not an option:noway:

This video shows the backrests in red at 0:13 and 0:25 secs in.. I think I'd rather have them all in black...
Motorpasión Prueba Audi RS3 Sportback - YouTube

Now you say that I suppose you're right.. Nigel (NHN) said to me to get the backs wrapped in clear vinyl anyway to protect them, so I spose wrapping the side back bits is probably the best way. I'm a bit unwilling to spray them as its kinda final and can't be undone easily, if at all, and I don't want to do anything that might devalue the car in the long run.

Now you say that I suppose you're right.. Nigel (NHN) said to me to get the backs wrapped in clear vinyl anyway to protect them, so I spose wrapping the side back bits is probably the best way. I'm a bit unwilling to spray them as its kinda final and can't be undone easily, if at all, and I don't want to do anything that might devalue the car in the long run.

Wrapping is the way then.
It can be done situe as well.

The hard part is trying to find the correct colour match.

I'll point Damo.H to this thread, he's good with wrap.

Each to their own but £7k for seats!
whos going too be looking at them.
put the money toward petrol.
sport button on ESP off and boot it.