RS3 - Tracker or CobraTrak?

jaggsie

Reaction score
Hi, my RS3, (having been ordered on 7th January last year!) arrived at Grimsby on Wednesday and is awaiting customs clearance so should be at the dealers early next week.
However I have a question. I want to have Tracker fitted (this uses VHF signalling and is supported by every UK Police Force) but the dealership only recommend CobraTrak which uses GPS. I am told GPS scanners/blockers are common place?. The dealership are saying that if I go ahead and have Tracker fitted, if there are any electrical issues later then they will not be covered whereas with CobraTrak they will.
So to my question, has anyone fitted either of the above and any advice on thier respective merits/failings?
Cheers

Contact another Audi dealer and ask them if they would fit a tracker to the car. If they will then go there and get it done and still keep the warranty. You will find that they are pushing the cobra trak as they will get a big commission on the sale and membership of your account.

Cheers, told them today, not happy bunnies, but then considering price of car, can't blame me for going elsewhere.