Chris NottJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Has anyone got a firm date for their ordered RS3??

  1. #1
    audicruiser's Avatar
    Audi Heaven

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,861

    Has anyone got a firm date for their ordered RS3??

    As the title really, has anyone who has actually ordered an RS3 got any idea of when they will see their cars?
    Scott

    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    154
    Build Date Wk 48, so looking at Jan 12 delivery!

  4. #3
    audicruiser's Avatar
    Audi Heaven

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by S3DBW View Post
    Build Date Wk 48, so looking at Jan 12 delivery!
    Oh a long way off then until I see some on the road... I am sure the wait will be worth it!!
    Scott

    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

  5. #4
    LukeTripod87's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    325
    I haven't ordered one specifically but our demo vehicle is due end of July! Can't wait to take it for a blast! :D
    2010 S3 Sportback
    Miltek cat-back non res / soon to be wrapped!!.....
    **Message for parts enquiries in Kent**

  6. #5
    jcs356's Avatar
    Brum brum

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Englandland
    Posts
    2,681
    I didn't think dealers were allowed to have demonstrators given both the massive delay in the orders coming through, and the fact that the car was in short supply anyway?

    Or do Audi UK now have to drum up new orders for everyone who cancelled due to the delivery delays?
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

    1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

  7. #6
    LukeTripod87's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    325
    Yea we are having a demo that's shared between 4 dealers in our group. Yes infact we had someone who had ordered an RS3 but got fed up of waiting so bought a TTRS instead! lol
    2010 S3 Sportback
    Miltek cat-back non res / soon to be wrapped!!.....
    **Message for parts enquiries in Kent**

  8. #7
    DSB
    DSB's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by S3crystal-luke View Post
    Yea we are having a demo that's shared between 4 dealers in our group. Yes infact we had someone who had ordered an RS3 but got fed up of waiting so bought a TTRS instead! lol
    ...... brilliant so even after a cock up Audi still managed to come out the other end smilling - sell a £40k car and free up another £40k car for another customer.

    Love it, I swear Audi bosses wear Eau d' teflon !!
    LukeTripod87 likes this.
    B6 S4 Nogaro Blue Avant

  9. #8
    ABYSS's Avatar
    Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    DTUK -HQ
    Posts
    668
    Mine is allocated for build week 37, so should be here in September

  10. #9
    JEB
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    9
    Been up at Ipswich Audi today, they have their demo RS3.. looks pretty nice from the front but the rest just looks like a normal sportback tbh.

  11. #10
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3
    there's one for sale on pistonheads,cardiff audi

  12. #11
    Reverse Gear
    Simon Champion, V:force Champion, Gyroball Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25
    There are '3' sitting in Huntingdon Vindis.

    They arrived in on June 17th.

  13. #12
    damo.h's Avatar
    DVLA Say it's Black

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NW
    Posts
    3,608
    Quote Originally Posted by JEB View Post
    Been up at Ipswich Audi today, they have their demo RS3.. looks pretty nice from the front but the rest just looks like a normal sportback tbh.
    i kinda like that about it.... sleeper till you spot the badge. also less chance of getting your door kicked in.

  14. #13
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    65
    i kinda like that about it.... sleeper till you spot the badge. also less chance of getting your door kicked in.
    Agreed. A wolf in sheeps clothing.

    Still no word from my dealer about delivery. Been in touch with him quite regularly and, from what I gather, they're being given very little updates from Audi.

  15. #14
    gr1zly's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Poland, Cracow
    Posts
    207
    Hi,

    My mate picked-up yesterday his RS3 we went for a ride
    irst impresion:
    - steering wheel is awesome perfect size
    - gearbox is extremly fast
    - sound.... with sport button it could be, without it's too quiet, milltek turbo-back must be fitted
    - suspension is hard for good roads it's ok, but in Poland we've got more roads with bad condition, car should have magnetic ride...
    driving through corners is amazing, I've tried fast speed corner 170km/h with esp on, I think without esp and after car will done 3000km it could do about 200km/h or more

    I told my mate that this car without bucket seats should whent out from Audi factory

    We will be doing some tests with moded Golf R and some Evo's.

    I will keep you updated

    Some pics:


    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    2005 A3 2.0TDI S-line quattro
    2007 S3 silver 300Hp
    2008 S3 sportback SprintBlue: Bucket seats, magnetic ride, RNSE, BOSE, Bluetooth, Carbonspeed CAI, Forge BOV... SOLD
    2009 A4 3.0TDI Ibis white with some goodies
    2011 S5 Sportback Sepang Blue with Milltek Race Exhaust

  16. #15
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    65
    Good to hear some positive feedback for the RS3 at last.

  17. #16
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    65
    Just received this for anyone who's waiting:
    Suzuka grey paint

    This is due to be released for ordering in week 38. Cars should start to schedule into build weeks after this time, so please monitor SLi for updates. Build weeks for existing orders

    We now have an RS 3 Sportback production schedule for all existing orders, which will be placed into SLi by the end of August.
    Vehicles with exclusive trim or Suzuka grey paint cannot be scheduled currently.

  18. #17
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    80
    Hi all,

    I've put a deposit for my RS3 in Daytona Grey today with the following options:

    Aluminium Race Design
    Bose Speakers
    Bucket Seats
    Folding door mirrors - dimming & heated
    Light & Rain Sensor
    Matt Aluminium Styling Package
    Non Smoking
    Privacy Glass

    Expected delivery in Dec/Jan.

    Got a cash discount too.

  19. #18
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    69
    Exactly the same spec as mine, tee-bee. I ordered yesterday and waiting for a delivery estimate. I'm interested what percentage discount you managed to achieve as I really struggled to get £500 off.

  20. #19
    ABYSS's Avatar
    Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    DTUK -HQ
    Posts
    668
    I managed over 6% or £3,000 off list on

    Someone got a massive slap on the wrist for doing it mind..

  21. #20
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    69
    That's an amazing discount on one of these. I'm not surprised they got in trouble for that.

  22. #21
    ABYSS's Avatar
    Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    DTUK -HQ
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by g5und View Post
    That's an amazing discount on one of these. I'm not surprised they got in trouble for that.
    I know, i jumped at the chance and used the discount to pay for the exclusive paint and another couple of options

  23. #22
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    69
    Where are you based, ABYSS? Interested to know which dealer you used to get that discount.

  24. #23
    HSP
    HSP's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by S3DBW View Post
    Build Date Wk 48, so looking at Jan 12 delivery!
    S3DBW I had a scheduled build week of wk 36 and only took delivery on Firday. Took 4 week longer than scheduled to arrive...

  25. #24
    Idrees's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    92
    How much are these brand new? How much was yours with the extras if you don't mind me asking?

  26. #25
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    65
    Had a wee chat with my dealer yesterday. I'm currently slotted in for build week 20 2012, but I've been assured this will come forward considerably. Here's hoping...

    Also found out that only about 5 have been ordered in my colour (Suzuka Grey) throughout the whole of the UK, which is a bonus.

  27. #26
    Gops's Avatar
    6th gear @7000rpm

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    2,640
    I seen an RS3 in Coventry the other week... grey and was defo an RS3! So there is one atleast in the UK! anyone here? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

  28. #27
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    9
    Aberdeen Audi will have a Demo april time.

    I took delivery of my car from them a a week or so ago. They are subject to yet another 8 week delay

  29. #28
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    124
    my order has been placed for week 14 of 2012 so a wee wait to go which is perfect time for summer fun!

  30. #29
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    65
    Aberdeen Audi will have a Demo april time.

    I took delivery of my car from them a a week or so ago. They are subject to yet another 8 week delay
    Great, a demo in time for the last orders going out. How's the motor? What colour did you go for so I can keep an eye out...

  31. #30
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    9
    I went for Daytona Grey With Tinits, bose, Alumunium packs and inlays.

    The RS3 is a fantastic car. I thought my S3 was good, this is just on another level. The cabin is everything you expect from Audi, But just an A3 interior. But you dont buy this car for the interior.

    The performance is something else. A little pressure on the right and you are up to speed in no time. The car is so solid on the road, point it and it WILL go. You do have to watch your speed, as it is so smooth that you dont relise just how fast it picks up, untill that car that was tailing you is a spec in the distance.

    My RS3 has only a few hundred miles on it, but already starting to sound amazing. Cant wait till it has bedded in!!!
    I have not used launch control or done any full throttle starts yet, as wanting at least 1000 miles on it first. But you know the power is there waiting to be used.

    The engine is always willing and only restrained by the lack of road infront.

  32. #31
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by jdillanger View Post
    I went for Daytona Grey With Tinits, bose, Alumunium packs and inlays.

    The RS3 is a fantastic car. I thought my S3 was good, this is just on another level. The cabin is everything you expect from Audi, But just an A3 interior. But you dont buy this car for the interior.

    The performance is something else. A little pressure on the right and you are up to speed in no time. The car is so solid on the road, point it and it WILL go. You do have to watch your speed, as it is so smooth that you dont relise just how fast it picks up, untill that car that was tailing you is a spec in the distance.

    My RS3 has only a few hundred miles on it, but already starting to sound amazing. Cant wait till it has bedded in!!!
    I have not used launch control or done any full throttle starts yet, as wanting at least 1000 miles on it first. But you know the power is there waiting to be used.

    The engine is always willing and only restrained by the lack of road infront.
    I ordered Daytona with tints, alu pack, inlays, bose and buckets so very similar spec. Been given build week 12 so expecting delivery early April (hopefully), can't wait. Did the dealer tell you to run it in for the first 1000 miles, or is that something you're doing anyway?

  33. #32
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by g5und View Post
    I ordered Daytona with tints, alu pack, inlays, bose and buckets so very similar spec. Been given build week 12 so expecting delivery early April (hopefully), can't wait. Did the dealer tell you to run it in for the first 1000 miles, or is that something you're doing anyway?
    Na, the dealer never said anything regarding running it in. But if you read the Manual Audi say 1500K before full throttle starts.

    I have always taken the first few hundered miles real easy and as the car gets more, I open it up a little more. The engine will be bench run it, but the rest of the car wont be, so best to take it easy to start with.

  34. #33
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    154
    Just heard that mine has now been built and is awaiting shipment. So given build to delivery is generally 4-6 weeks should have it by beginning of Feb, which would make it 14 months from order to delivery!

  35. #34
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    80
    Greets all,

    I'll be collecting my RS3 next few weeks :-)

    Dealer is now trying to flog with their AutoGlym Lifeshine protection...

    Can anyone recommend a good car detail?

    Thanks

  36. #35
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    65
    My build week has come forward from week 20 2012 to week 18. A little bit of good news...

    Audi ABZ have recently taken delivery of their demonstrator. Went to see it at the weekend. Lovely car and sounds amazing even just turning over in the showroom.

    They're registering it at the start of January, and I've been told I can take it away for a couple of days. Can't wait.

  37. #36
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by greg1903 View Post
    My build week has come forward from week 20 2012 to week 18. A little bit of good news...

    Audi ABZ have recently taken delivery of their demonstrator. Went to see it at the weekend. Lovely car and sounds amazing even just turning over in the showroom.

    They're registering it at the start of January, and I've been told I can take it away for a couple of days. Can't wait.
    That will be the red on sitting in the showroom then.

  38. #37
    A3simon's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    980
    had the Aberdeen demo out yesterday and placed my order soon as i got back going for Misano with Alu pack. Electric dimming and folding mirrors, electric front seats with lumbar adjustment, Bose, Alu inlays, Privacy glass, cruise control and light and rain sensors. Been told its build week 24 so looking at end of july beginning of august. Im a bit disappointed you cant have the roof rails with the styling pack.


    2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

  39. #38
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    292
    Almost spitting blood here guys - real dilemma - changed from s3 SB BE 2010 with revo stage 1 and TBE! Etc and changed to A5 coupe 3.0tdi black edition quattro s-tronic with all the extras - £46k new and still on 4 k on clock...start button, electic seats, sat nav hi, etc etc etc.

    Anyways - I have a 3 year old son and really miss the SB practicality which makes me think...and also the potential boost of the RS3....so I check out the market?

    Got a few RS3 options - they are all £42k ish no matter the spec with less than 5 k mileage. Love the thought of the boy racer exclusivity of the machine that is the RS3 - I know all the cons - a3 going out, only one double zorst, etc - but my real question is what would you do - I have made my mind up several times and still am status quo so your opinion and comments are highly valued on this quality site?

    Im looking at 5-7k to change and as I say have an 11 plate within 4 k on the clock.


    Thanks in advance gents,
    e
    NOW...another similar RS3?!? ...Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light & rain sensor pack, black exhaust tips and now Scorpion decat pipes and MPSS rubber!

    REFUNDED - Phantom Black RS3 with Buckets, folding auto dim mirrors, privacy glass, Bose, Alu inlays, light and rain sensor pack.

    GONE - S3 SB BE - '10 plate in Ibis with Buckets; RNS-E; tech & comfort pack; Revo stage 1; Milltek TBE; BBS CK 19's in Anthracite on Asseymetric rubber!

  40. #39
    ABYSS's Avatar
    Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    DTUK -HQ
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by elton121272 View Post
    Almost spitting blood here guys - real dilemma - changed from s3 SB BE 2010 with revo stage 1 and TBE! Etc and changed to A5 coupe 3.0tdi black edition quattro s-tronic with all the extras - £46k new and still on 4 k on clock...start button, electic seats, sat nav hi, etc etc etc.

    Anyways - I have a 3 year old son and really miss the SB practicality which makes me think...and also the potential boost of the RS3....so I check out the market?

    Got a few RS3 options - they are all £42k ish no matter the spec with less than 5 k mileage. Love the thought of the boy racer exclusivity of the machine that is the RS3 - I know all the cons - a3 going out, only one double zorst, etc - but my real question is what would you do - I have made my mind up several times and still am status quo so your opinion and comments are highly valued on this quality site?

    Im looking at 5-7k to change and as I say have an 11 plate within 4 k on the clock.


    Thanks in advance gents,
    e
    Thre are more and more rs3 s appearing on he used market, 11s and 61s at 42 k..

    I would play hard ball as quite a few of these cars have been up for sale or a Nile now.



    Discounted DTUK Diesel Tuning Systems for all Audi-Sport Members - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

  41. #40
    HullRs3's Avatar
    7th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hull, East Yorkshire
    Posts
    113
    Just got call my RS3 was delivered from the docks today. I will be viewing it Thursday evening in the showroom once it has been prep'd.
    Build week 2. Delivery delayed due to weather (2 wks). Ordered 3rd week Jan 2011!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO