EM TuningVolks Autos
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RS3 Discussion Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    They are just overpriced posh skodas for Gays anyway......
    lmao

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    We don't have gays down south...they all live on benefit up ta north somewhere
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post

"Nor`van Mankeys!"

"Suthun Poofs!"

I thought thats how the sayings went......

Maybe the broon n tabs n coal fumes has confused me daft little Geordie peanut brain.

Anyway, us Northerners couldnt even sell our organs/kids/wippets to buy a TT.
    We have had to eat them, recession n that you know....

Waye aye man.

Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    At least us lot `oop north` dont have our cars styling by Gok Wan....pink wheels n seats! We would be linched and fed to the racing pigeons!
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

5th Gear

Status
    Where does the presumption come from that the RS3 would be any good ?
    Why would anyone put a deposit down on a 40k+ car without test driving it ?
    The TT-RS was by no means universally well received - and was even panned by some reviewers - so why would people assume that dumping its engine in the S3 would make a car worth buying ? And for some people - worth buying blind without a test drive.
    Odd.
    Now that the new RS5 has also been panned by reviewers there is even more evidence that Audi have lost their way with their top end cars (R8 aside). Even if the RS3 comes out I reckon there is a good chance it will be cack.
    Putting a deposit down on such a vehicle without even seeing one is madness.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    At least us lot `oop north` dont have our cars styling by Gok Wan....pink wheels n seats! We would be linched and fed to the racing pigeons!
    I'm still up North, just not as far up as you, MINCER, Gok is full of style Ive got boring silver wheels like you anwyay now

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    Where does the presumption come from that the RS3 would be any good ?
    Why would anyone put a deposit down on a 40k+ car without test driving it ?
    The TT-RS was by no means universally well received - and was even panned by some reviewers - so why would people assume that dumping its engine in the S3 would make a car worth buying ? And for some people - worth buying blind without a test drive.
    Odd.
    Now that the new RS5 has also been panned by reviewers there is even more evidence that Audi have lost their way with their top end cars (R8 aside). Even if the RS3 comes out I reckon there is a good chance it will be cack.
    Putting a deposit down on such a vehicle without even seeing one is madness.
    ^^This. 2k deposit for a car you've never even seen is a little crazy [IMHO].
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

3rd Gear

Status
    Cack compared to what? to the S3? I think Audi do better with their smaller cars than the big ones, there is less competition in the smaller car market, I see you have an S3, just wondered did you buy it new, and how much have you spent since you have had it, making it what it is now, my guess if it was new it equates to getting close to RS3 in cost, would it be as quick as an RS3, if so as quick as an RS3 stage 1 for another 600-00?
    I personally think it will be a cracking car, that will tick all my boxes that I am not so keen on in my S3. good thing is I can change my mind and get my deposit back if it all goes wrong.

But you are right just as I am right, till one shows up in the flesh in the real world, we both are guessing, but I rather have a better chance of getting one with a early deposit than wait it be the best car ever made by Audi and not get one.

6th Gear

Status
    If im honest i found the whole RS3 chit chat rather boring
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Butler View Post
    Cack compared to what? to the S3? I think Audi do better with their smaller cars than the big ones, there is less competition in the smaller car market, I see you have an S3, just wondered did you buy it new, and how much have you spent since you have had it, making it what it is now, my guess if it was new it equates to getting close to RS3 in cost, would it be as quick as an RS3, if so as quick as an RS3 stage 1 for another 600-00?
    Bear in mind I didn't say it would be a cack car - only that there is a good chance it might be. Yeah I bought my S3 new three years ago for 29,000 and have spent maybe 4,000 on it to get to 360bhp and 359 lb/ft (if you believe a rolling road). A remapped 2.5 TFSI would get you to 410bhp easily - for 45k or so - but you'd still have to do the suspension, brakes, exhaust etc. on top to overcome the limitations of the factory standard stuff Audi put on. A few of my mates have TT-RSs and they've all "had to" make hardware changes of this kind. The same thing would inevitably be the case with any new RS3 - which means you are into 50k territory to overcome the usual flaws with the set up in all Audi cars (R8 and outgoing RS4 aside). There are a lot of better/newer/fresher/prettier/faster/nimbler cars out there for that sort of money IMO. But I'm not knocking your choices - everyone looks for different things in cars.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I'm still up North, just not as far up as you, MINCER, Gok is full of style Ive got boring silver wheels like you anwyay now
    Good lad
    Now:

Before:

BMW 320d M Sport

Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    etc....

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    He's still got a sheep on the back seat though Paul, so not so northern.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Air Ride is for Ballers!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    He's still got a sheep on the back seat though Paul, so not so northern.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Listen here Jedi master :P, I got bloody flu now, its neverending, but yes need to get back asap for a variety of people.

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    Yawn, this topic has got as boring as the car is likely to end up being.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

5th Gear

Status
    I personally think it will be a cracking car, that will tick all my boxes that I am not so keen on in my S3. good thing is I can change my mind and get my deposit back if it all goes wrong.

But you are right just as I am right, till one shows up in the flesh in the real world, we both are guessing, but I rather have a better chance of getting one with a early deposit than wait it be the best car ever made by Audi and not get one.
    Audi do better with their small cars???? THE best RS model ever made (as far as the critics are concerned) is the RS4! Hardly a small car. You would have to be nuts to put a deposit down on a car you haven't seen, haven't driven or even seen a photo of.... The TTRS is pretty dull say most, the RS5 is dull to drive and nose heavy... while I have been waiting along time for the RS3 to happen, given the last 2 RS models to be released have not been aggressive enough styling wise and not that special to drive, I think i will wait to see what 40k actually buys
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

Status
    Does anybody else not think it strange that the press haven't got wind of this yet???

www.essexdriversclub.com

3rd Gear

Status
    Klauster would not call an RS4 a big car either, you are right regarding RS5 a well, I don't go to much on Critics either, most are bias, and compare cars in different ways to suit them, lets face it they slate the S3, but although not the best car around it is certainly better then most 3 stars it gets in most reviews. What have I got to lose by placing a 1k deposit, I still do not have to buy the car, it just gives me more of a chance in case there is a limited amount, I get the 1k back, so who is really nuts? Personally I have all ready made my mind up, I think the car will give me everything I want as I have all ready said. So call it a very calculated risk, plus the fact I can afford it

Well Audi have not made an official press release of yet, the only official release is to Audi Dealerships Managers who went to the NEC last week, they have to hand in all phones and mobiles that is locked away, and sign a disclaimer stating no info is giving to certain parties, and the disclaimer states that 10k euro fine if info leads back to them. so maybe none are going to shout to much.
    and lets face it the press were actually telling us there was a RS3 on the way so it is old news to them at present
    Last edited by Brett Butler; 15th November 2010 at 12:10.

Status
    I guessed it would be very closely guarded, but I just expected somebody somewhere to have leaked something if Audi had actually now shown the finished article on stage. I mean if dealers are taking deposits and apparently sending emails such as the one at the start of this thread, then that is the news effectively leaked isn't it?

This isn't me disbelieving anything by the way or being obstreperous, I just genuinely do think it's quite amazing that it could be kept under wraps so well, especially as there are a few people here contributing to this thread that seem to know the facts.
    Last edited by beanoir; 15th November 2010 at 12:31.

www.essexdriversclub.com

3rd Gear

Status
    The Press have not released anything though as the RS3 was not the only new car that was shown and that will be launched by Audi next year 2011 there was a few others, and If I recall, though I may be wrong as I was not interested when told, but some hybrid of some sort. I think the press will say something when some more details come out, mostly date and price.

There was a brochure that they were given, though not to sure the RS3 was in it, (pretty sure it was not) I got a feeling the RS3 was a very late addition, no doubt due to the official release of the BMW M1. I should have looked at it, but again I was not that interested only in the RS3 info.
    Last edited by Brett Butler; 15th November 2010 at 12:43.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    TBH Beanoir I started yawning when I read the title, just fell asleep reading the added posts, fedup reading this tbh.

3rd Gear

Status
    DONT READ IT THEN , though I know you are being kept up at nite now days too

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Nah not being kept up at all tbh, sleeps usually until 6-7am now, result, just this poxy flu is killing me atm, knocked me for 6, just when I was about to get loads of ****e done after everything stopped for months, this comes along.

Status
    TBH Beanoir I started yawning when I read the title, just fell asleep reading the added posts, fedup reading this tbh.
    It's dragging isn't it, but then so is Waste Management PFI and Group Annual Results of Suez Environment S.A....the RS3 discussion has just about won in the interest stakes this morning!

www.essexdriversclub.com

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    It's dragging isn't it, but then so is Waste Management PFI and Group Annual Results of Suez Environment S.A....the RS3 discussion has just about won in the interest stakes this morning!
    Try negotiating an Italian hospital from 8.30am til 1pm, talk about left/right hand issues, but the little one made my day by doing a dump on the scanning machine table lmfao

Status
    Try negotiating an Italian hospital from 8.30am til 1pm, talk about left/right hand issues, but the little one made my day by doing a dump on the scanning machine table lmfao
    I wish i'd finished my lentil and bacon soup from EAT before reading that post Nige!!

www.essexdriversclub.com

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lmfao

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    Does anybody else not think it strange that the press haven't got wind of this yet???
    Yes it is strange. You would think someone somewhere would have passed this to the motoring press.

1st Gear

Status
    "What have I got to lose by placing a 1k deposit, I still do not have to buy the car, it just gives me more of a chance in case there is a limited amount, I get the 1k back, so who is really nuts?

This is exactly what ford did when the RS was due for release, look how many there are on the road now! IF it ever does get released i really can't see why they'd only build 500, there no logic to it!

My bet is it will look dull, sound awsome, go like hell in a straight line, have no steering feel, understeer like mad and be far to expensive which sounds just like the S3 to me!! You can now buy a five year old Aston Martin V8 vantage for similar money, slightly better car me thinks!!

3rd Gear

Status
    "You can now buy a five year old Aston Martin V8 vantage for similar money, slightly better car me thinks!" till it goes wrong, and that is pretty often.
    I agree don't think they will build just 500
    Doubt it will under steer too much, as you can adjust front back drive ratio.

I love the S3, just want more a lot power down at the bottom end, (Bigger engine) a better ride when just plodding around, (adjustable damping system) to look very understated, (Too Old for boy racer looks) and add all the options I want on an S3 now, doubt it will cost a hell of a lot more than a fully loaded S3 at the time (remember VAT goes up).

It is all about what Some want just does not suit many others

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I read yesterday online, they will be building 2700 RS3's, cant recall which site but info was fairly comprehensive iirc, then again I have flu so maybe delirious at that moment.

6th Gear

Status
    I read yesterday online, they will be building 2700 RS3's, cant recall which site but info was fairly comprehensive iirc, then again I have flu so maybe delirious at that moment.
    nah i read that too. apparently they're doing that because the 1-Series M is only going to have 2700 built too.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

6th Gear

Status
    oh, and get well soon!
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Audi should do 2701 just to be arsey

Status
    if they do make such a limited run of under 3000 then that will be good for used prices. The M3 CSL was around the 2500 ish mark and the second hand prices have held up very well recently, although it is a rather sharp tool which I suspect the RS3 probably won't be quite so much, but even so should be good thing for residuals.

www.essexdriversclub.com

5th Gear

Status
    doubt it will cost a hell of a lot more than a fully loaded S3 at the time (remember VAT goes up).
    I don't get this - a fully loaded Golf R is 40k now so assuming there is some premium (say 10%) attached to a limited run RS3 you'll be looking at over 44k (probably nearer 47k to bring it in line with the TT-RS) and the VAT increase will make it more expensive than a fully loaded S3 "at the time" when VAT was 17.5%. 47k for an 8 year old chassis, a few new badges and an (admittedly) great engine from a TT - I respect anyone's opinion to spend their cash how they like but surely most sober, sane folk would agree that this is ludicrously expensive for what you'd get. I won't list the other options for this money but you'd have to be very loyal to the Audi brand to bend over and take it this hard.

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    "I won't list the other options for this money but you'd have to be very loyal to the Audi brand to bend over and take it this hard."
    Haha that made me laugh! To be fair though, I couldnt care less about the 8year old chassis as long as it drives and handles well...plus I look out of my window at the S3 and think "Now if that car had huge flared arches and intakes would it look 'dull' 'boring' 'old' with those 2 huge oval pipes? Probably not! Would look good I think!" Completely understand the opinions of others regarding the price etc..but at the end of the day 'if' and 'when' it is released I have no doubt it will be a highly desirable car. And if it does come in the limited amount of numbers being pottered around..Then 44k for a limited edition Audi wouldn't be so bad nor for the residuals either.

tku
    3rd Gear

Status
    And good luck to those looking for a 45k car..lucky buggers!

3rd Gear

Status
    I read that it was a myth that there a limited edition amount of the new BMW M1's, one of the mags. but once again we do not know who is right until it happens

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast