Badger5Sky Insurance
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: RS3 Discussion Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    Evening all,

So, another week on. Have any of you good people had any further information?

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    As some of you know I have placed my order with an Audi dealership in Scotland for the rs3. I am thinking about leaving this order and go for a different car eg. Jeep later on in the year. If you know anyone who is interested in wanting an rs3 with the spec of there choice I will be happy to pass my order onto them.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nshort10 View Post
    As some of you know I have placed my order with an Audi dealership in Scotland for the rs3. I am thinking about leaving this order and go for a different car eg. Jeep later on in the year. If you know anyone who is interested in wanting an rs3 with the spec of there choice I will be happy to pass my order onto them.
    Cancelled mine too. Bought BMW 1M instead .

Reverse Gear

Status
    have you had a test drive in the 1 m yet mate?

3rd Gear

Status
    I wonder how many others have cancelled theirs, I also cancelled mine.

6th Gear

Status
    Does delivery dates mean they could still be making it when the new model is out? I'm sure the wait will be a big cause off cancellations.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

5th Gear

Status
    Timing of this car seems to be very strange the more I think about it, BMW M1 as well considering they both have replacements supposedly due to be released next year. The BMW M1 is a beast though- from what I've read. Just strange that both Brands have chosen these beasts to be the swan song for both of their respected platforms??

Reverse Gear

Status

Cool Update

Hi,
    Latest fron Audi is that i have no time as to delivery ,they have hinted that they could be willing to give me something free but have not said what that could mean.possibly a nice T shirt.
    would rather have some free bucket seats in the quited leather.

3rd Gear

Status
    Wonder how many M1 orders have been cancelled to buy an RS3?

6th Gear

Status
    When orderng/showing interest were people told there was no set date or q4 2011, 2012 etc?

4th Gear

Status
    The latest Evo magazine they put the M1 against TTRS, 370z and cayman R. Surprisingly they rated the M1 better than the TTRS which is obviously going to be a sportier chassis than the RS3. Personally if I had been waiting for the RS3 I'd be swaying to the M1 or saving up abit for a TTRS
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

3rd Gear

Status
    My own Personal opinion, and I have the Evo mag delivered every month or so, It is extremely Bias towards certain manufacturers, though Audi do make somewhat safer cars in my view so it makes them less fun maybe, but still I think most reports on Audi 4wd cars are rather harsh.

1st Gear

Status
    i emailed my dealer last week and still not had a reply from him think i better call him before i go away on holiday tomorrow sohe can chase it up and give me an answer to when my order will be built so i know where to keep it or get rid of it!

1st Gear

Status
    If I had the money (dreaming) I would go for the 1M it is simply stunning on the outside but the RS3 has the nicer cabin.
    Now - A1 1.6TDI S-Line in Amfali White with comfort pack

A3 2.0TDI gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status
    Royal Military Academy Heritage Day, Sandhurst, on Sunday June 19th 2011 11.00-4.30pm
    The Audi RS 3 Sportback: built on our racing heritage
    In the world of Audi motorsport, there are few things more evocative than the letters RS. Over the years, our RS models have provided a showcase for some of our most advanced technologies and pioneering designs - and the Audi RS 3 Sportback is no different.
    With its 5-cylinder 2.5-litre turbocharged engine and 7-speed S tronic® transmission, it's capable of O-62mph in just 4.6 seconds and produces a remarkable 34OPS of power. It also has the latest version of our quattro® all-wheel-drive system, delivering outstanding handling and performance in all conditions. And with features including 19-inch alloy wheels, RS exterior body styling and flared front wheel arches made from lightweight carbon-fibre reinforced plastic, the RS 3 has looks to match all the racing prowess its name suggests.
    Following Audi's success at the 24 hour Le Mans last weekend where the Audi R18 won the race, the Colbornes Group are proud to be able to offer you the first public opportunity to see the awesome RS 3 prior to the official launch in November 2011.
    Audi S3 8P3 | Milltek TBE | AmD Stage2 | H&R ARBs | Bilstein B14 Coilovers | Sachs Racing Clutch

Neutral

Status

3rd Gear

Status
    3.8 for me any day of the week

Neutral

Status
    Impressive, i know! Its a shame it looks just like any other S3 sportback! Biggest let down in the looks dept!

5th Gear

Status
    That was a good review, thanks for the post hot rod. The M1 sounds exciting, but you'll need to get it on a track to really see what it's all about, I think the SB wins as a daily with it's 3.8 and everyday usability. Wouldn't mind ragging that M1 about though, it does sound like fun!

Neutral

Status
    No probs ~RS~! The only thing for me is i've seen the 1M in the flesh and have to say it does look the part. Whether the Audi will look any better in real life is something we'll have to wait and see. Granted tho, 3.8s is hard to ignore! Few cars can touch that!

I would have expected the TTRS to post similar times tho considering its the same engine and if anything, much lighter?!

6th Gear

Status
    I cant imagine any one being dissapointed with either of the two cars. In relation to my skill level, either car will cope with more than I ever would dare so it would come down to looks. IMHO, the M1 is pretty horrid - the maxpower rear bumper and saggy door lines dont work for me.

Neutral

Status
    Khufu - i thought the same until i saw it in the flesh. I ended up seeing a customers car at BMW in Valencia Orange and it looked the business. Its a butch looking car, or more a 1 series coupe on steroids! IMPO the RS3 could have done with some steroids. It doesn't really represent RS looks for a car that could match most supercars in a straight line!

Status
    Found this article on msn, I actually like the look and spec of the new RS3.

Audi RS3 Sportback (2011 onwards) - *Car Reviews - MSN Cars UK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all
    New member here, browse these forums every now & then, like reading the banter and seeing all the different motors
    Joined this morning just to share some in the flesh rs3 pics, it was at an Audi sponsored event near me yesterday, sat in it, took some pics, had a chat with the reps etc
    Link here
    Flickr: LukenS3's Photostream

Meow.

Status
    Looks brilliant in white with the black grille. I would

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi,
    Well finally got a build date 2nd of November ,do you think i'll get it before Christmas,I doubt it.

Neutral

Status

5th Gear

Status
    Wow thats a pretty damning assessment from Autocar! Seen an M1 the other day in W1 and I have to say it does look and sound mean and vicious!! Took off like an stealth bomber too

The 3.8 secs and practicality of the RS3 are still key points, though the talk of an uncomfortable ride from Autocar is a major downer especially for anybody living in London

6th Gear

Status
    "The RS3 rides 25mm lower than a standard A3"

really? I thought the S3 was more than that???

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    Wow thats a pretty damning assessment from Autocar! Seen an M1 the other day in W1 and I have to say it does look and sound mean and vicious!! Took off like an stealth bomber too

The 3.8 secs and practicality of the RS3 are still key points, though the talk of an uncomfortable ride from Autocar is a major downer especially for anybody living in London
    I'll Take an BMW M1 Any Day ......

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    "The RS3 rides 25mm lower than a standard A3" really? I thought the S3 was more than that???
    I think the S3 is also 25mm.
    Audi S3 8P3 | Milltek TBE | AmD Stage2 | H&R ARBs | Bilstein B14 Coilovers | Sachs Racing Clutch

1st Gear

Status
    ive just spoken to my dealer and they have no information on my car yet! i mean nothing, dont know when it will be going to production or anything like that? is there any otherway to check your order without speaking to you dealership?

Neutral

Status
    Edinburgh Audi have an RS3 in black in the showroom, boy it's dissapointing.

I walked past thinking it was just a normal S3, only the silver tipped roof spoiler made me do a double take.

Poor show Audi....

6th Gear

Status
    Really? May pop over for a visit LOL

1st Gear

Status
    Just a drive over to Edinburgh audi as I was through doing some shopping with my gf to have a look at the rs3.

I need to say poor show! The one in dealership is over £44k. I walked out thinking to myself, that is just like my sportback s3! Hardly any difference to be truthful!

Looks like the order will def be cancelled! A really gutter to be truthful! The gf talked to me about it and has kinda made me think bout a range sport instead of the rs3 and to go for something different! If I was anyone who put an order down go see it in person first befre u make your mind up!

6th Gear

Status
    Looks like Audi's usual understated look is just a bit too understated in this case. The ultimate danger is it going to be little more than a remapped S3 with a nice sounding exhaust & a premium price tag in most peoples eyes.

Neutral

Status
    Hi Guys,

Thought i'd revist the thread to see whats going on in the world of the RS3. As posted previously, i had an RS3 on order and then cancelled due no delivery updates and also the fact that the looks of the RS3 after great consideration didnt really represent what i would have expected for a 'RS' Car. Instead i moved to the dark side and bought a 1M which i collected on Saturday.

For those of you waiting, i hope the deliveries take place soon. I think the RS3 will still be a great car no doubt but Audi really need to get themselves into order when there are so many still waiting. Looking back now, i think this is a 'rush job' from audi to launch at the same time as BMW. Could be debated im sure.

Here's a picture of what 'potentially' could have been my RS3:-

4th Gear

Status
    I saw my first 1M yesterday and it definitely has presence on the road. Good choice and good car from what I've read!!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Yeh it is over wide from the front, not seen any on the road, what are the stats of them? Can't be assed to look